Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PnC adventures with challenging (but fair) puzzles

V_K

Arcane
Basically, the thread title says it all. I woke up today having this idea to test if I'm actually any good in playing adventure games, so I'm looking for some recommendations for a test subject. Four conditions:
- It should be (primarily) a PnC game - not a pure puzzler.
- Puzzles should be hard but fair - i.e. not rely on pixel-hunting or pure guesswork in the absence of clues.
- It shouldn't have any dead end/walking dead scenarios (bad endings are fine though).
- Ideally, it should be reasonably nonlinear.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
If you want to feel good about yourself you can always check out Dracula: Origin. It's honestly on the lower-medium end of the quality spectrum, but also relatively easy and puzzles are strictly on the logical side from what I remember. Only annoying part I remember was piecing together some clues on the map.

MV5BMGY1MTVhYTItYjExOS00OGI0LWE2NTQtOTRmNWRlNWNiZWM5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjcwNzIzNjg@._V1_.jpg

Probably something to get around to once you've exhaused all good recommendations, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom