Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity PoE II: Deadfire Sales Analysis Thread

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Flou why are you so butthurt mate?

Because everytime I rate you, you start crying about it and to be honest it's sorta fun.
It is amusing,it comes from a guy that flips his shit every time i insult his favourite shitty game.

Yes, pressing one button to rate you "is flipping shit." One could even argue that the existence of Obsidian and Pillars franchise has you so riled up that you've posted what 5000 posts to just spew your filth on the forums about the company and the two games, now which one of us is flipping his shit on these threads?

Now, now, that's not fair.

Say what you will about fantadomat, but he's an equal rights shitposter - he shitposts across the entire Codex, not just the PoE threads :D
Thank you Sizzle :hug:. Also i do post some good shit from time to time.
I don't think he said any of it was GOOD shit. :smug:
But equal opportunity shitposting has its own value, I think!
Hahahaha,yeah i know what he meant ;). The good shit was my defence of the quantity posting. Sure,most of my posts are shitposting in thread that everyone is shitposting,it is to kill time. When there is a new game i do take it more seriously mate. Have even written a few fast reviews about different games. Even helped a few dudes around the forum ;). Still there is a lot of dead time between releases.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Any update on the sales number?

Steamspy is saying between 100k and 200k.

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Forget steamspy, it's shit.

Steamspy right now: 132,000 owners (for patreon backers)
Leaked sales numbers on July 6: 203,000

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
In 10 years POE2 is likely to be a classic :lol:

Because of the spectacular decline to come, most likely.

Pathfinder just fucked PoE's legacy in the ass. Nobody will remember this franchise. At least not fondly.
PoE will keep its cult following which doesn't care about the IE games, but claiming to be a "spiritual successor to the games we ourselves made back in the day" after Kingmaker will only provoke laughs.

Yet Chris Avellone can rightfully say "I worked on a spiritual successor to the Infinity Engine games". Happy end!

Quillon

Arcane
Yet Chris Avellone can rightfully say "I worked on a spiritual successor to the Infinity Engine games". Happy end!

Spiritual? It's simply a successor. I only played NWN2 properly from DND stuff, this is basically the same...everything except in another sister? setting...without the horrendous camera :P

That said I enjoy the campaign much more than either pillows; ruling, politics and shit is my jam. Obs needs to create narrative content that people would enjoy instead of whatever "meaningful" shit they've been trying to communicate. Tho I prefer Deadfire's combat to this humongous clusterfuck of DND; shit ton of seemingly cool stuff to create characters from but plays like hit-miss-hit-miss with the same anims till combat ends, my biggest gaming disappointment since NWN2(talking about melee combat, I'm sure your faggot casters have cool spells with special effects.) Dragon style monk OMFG, let's see how he fights...

Theldaran

Liturgist
Tho I prefer Deadfire's combat to this humongous clusterfuck of DND;

Big words, are they...

About Kingmaker, in the BG/IWD games spells were raw power, if you hadn't at least a cleric when not 3 different casters the game became harder.

There were also some spellsword characters like Haer'Dalis, but depends on the actual spells if they're viable or not.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron

Spiritual? It's simply a successor. I only played NWN2 properly from DND stuff, this is basically the same...everything except in another sister? setting...without the horrendous camera :P

That said I enjoy the campaign much more than either pillows; ruling, politics and shit is my jam. Obs needs to create narrative content that people would enjoy instead of whatever "meaningful" shit they've been trying to communicate. Tho I prefer Deadfire's combat to this humongous clusterfuck of DND; shit ton of seemingly cool stuff to create characters from but plays like hit-miss-hit-miss with the same anims till combat ends, my biggest gaming disappointment since NWN2(talking about melee combat, I'm sure your faggot casters have cool spells with special effects.) Dragon style monk OMFG, let's see how he fights...
:retarded:

Quillon

Arcane
Btw. don't care about the comparison of rulesets and shit; its just DND is so big that it can't be implemented(especially with budgets like this) with the same care of a game that has only so much spells and abilities and that always disappoints after I leave chargen/leveling up screens. But FUCK DND anyway.

Fairfax

Arcane
Sales figures might be available on November 15, though Fig's last fiscal year ended September 30, so the annual report might come out before that.

Dividends on Fig Game Shares – Pillars of Eternity II will be declared every six months, as of every May 15 and November 15, and paid thereafter, in all events after such time (if ever) as Pillars of Eternity II is successfully developed and published and Pillars of Eternity II sales receipts begin to be received.

And things aren't looking good for Fig:

As of March 31, 2018, we had an accumulated deficit of $9.1 million since our inception, of which approximately $3.8 million were game development expenses. As further disclosed below, on September 30, 2016, we and our Parent jointly entered into a loan and security agreement (the “Loan and Security Agreement”) with Silicon Valley Bank, under which we and our Parent, individually and collectively, can borrow up to an aggregate of $1.0 million, all or substantially all of which is intended to be used in support of our business. As of March 31, 2018, borrowings of $450,000 are outstanding under the Loan and Security Agreement. Principal repayments by the Parent to SVB of $25,000 per month for 30 months, plus monthly payments of accrued interest at a rate of 2% above the prime rate commenced April 1, 2017.

For the fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, we expect our revenue to increase as we release more video games that we have licensed for publication, including higher budget games, such as Pillars of Eternity II. Similarly, we expect costs to increase in the year ending September 30, 2018, as we support the release of additional video games and ramp up our operations. We intend to continue licensing video games and publishing them in the year ending September 30, 2018, including releasing the games we have already licensed for publication. We have incurred substantial losses since our inception and we expect to continue to incur operating losses in the future. We do not expect our revenue from the sales of our games together with our cash on hand and net proceeds from sales and issuances of Fig Game Shares to be sufficient to fund our operations for a period of at least one year from the date the financial statements are issued and we will need additional financing, including from our Parent, to continue our operations during that period.

Going Concern

Our ability to continue as a going concern depends upon our ability to successfully accomplish the plans embodied in our business model and eventually secure other sources of financing and attain profitable operations. To date, we have had minimal revenue and significant losses. Accordingly, we have depended on our Parent and sales of Fig Game Shares to fund our operations and there is a risk that we and our Parent may be unable to obtain the financing, on acceptable terms or at all, necessary to continue our operations. As such, there is substantial doubt regarding our ability to continue as a going concern for a period of one year from the date our condensed consolidated financial statements are issued. The accompanying condensed consolidated financial statements do not include any adjustments that might be necessary if we are unable to continue as a going concern. These condensed consolidated financial statements do not include any adjustments relating to the recoverability and classification of recorded asset amounts, or amounts and classification of liabilities that might result from this uncertainty.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Never considered Fig to be viable, ever since it was announced, but I have never tried to keep an eye on its campaigns and it's interesting to see how bad things are.

2house2fly

Magister
Still don't know what the fuck they were thinking with fig to be honest, apart from maybe "smash and grab"

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Key people that founded this well thought project
Cliff Blezinski- Lawbreakers monumental failure, nerd tried to play tough
Brian ''The Shoe Peddler'' Fargo- Numenera, Bards Tale and to a certain degree Wasteland, all of them dissapointed a lot of people, total failures
Tim ''The Scammer'' Schafer- Broken Age ate milions like they were pringles and what did we get , a total failure
Randy Pitchford- Gearbox CEO, that's all you need to know
Feargus ''The Backstabber'' Urquhart- shat all over Avellone, made some crappy ass games, a total failure

Wow, I'm so surprised that Fig didnt work out

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
No one expected Fig to be successful. However it's an impressively colossal failure. I wonder if there will be lawsuits.

Why would there be lawsuits?

Mostly because it would be fitting. Bankruptcy is not a crime obviously, but it wouldn't be surprising at all if they had some liabilities that were tied up or whatever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom