Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pokemon Sword and Shield

Gerrard

Arcane
This looks like hot garbage. Hopefully pokemon sage is actually finished sometime soon, otherwise platinum and emerald romhacks are the only thing left worth playing.

Black & White 2 are actually pretty good games with a fair amount of content. I'd go so far as to say the last good Pokémon games.
I agree, I think Gen 3-5 were the sweet spots in the franchise where it peaked although in black/white the region design took a massive nose dive into a nearly straight path. Agreed that they were the last good pokemon games.
Gen 3 sucked the rigid cock of Satan, dude. Gen 2 was the sweet spot for me, but I can totally get the appeal of Gens 4 and 5; they tried some pretty interesting shit mechanics-wise, the metagame was sent to the gamedev equivalent of bootcamp, and you get entire new regions to explore in 3d (without the Pokemon being bastardized into 3d models as well). Hell, Gen 5 even managed to have the first credible antagonist/"evil organization" since Team Rocket! There were plenty of things I didn't like too (the soundtrack to Pokemon never did quite recover from losing Masuda to a Directorship role, for example), but overall the games were definitely more good than bad. You can't say that about Gen 3: it's mediocre in nearly every way.
That is some prime example of nostalgia googles.

Goi~Yaas~Dinn

Savant
This looks like hot garbage. Hopefully pokemon sage is actually finished sometime soon, otherwise platinum and emerald romhacks are the only thing left worth playing.

Black & White 2 are actually pretty good games with a fair amount of content. I'd go so far as to say the last good Pokémon games.
I agree, I think Gen 3-5 were the sweet spots in the franchise where it peaked although in black/white the region design took a massive nose dive into a nearly straight path. Agreed that they were the last good pokemon games.
Gen 3 sucked the rigid cock of Satan, dude. Gen 2 was the sweet spot for me, but I can totally get the appeal of Gens 4 and 5; they tried some pretty interesting shit mechanics-wise, the metagame was sent to the gamedev equivalent of bootcamp, and you get entire new regions to explore in 3d (without the Pokemon being bastardized into 3d models as well). Hell, Gen 5 even managed to have the first credible antagonist/"evil organization" since Team Rocket! There were plenty of things I didn't like too (the soundtrack to Pokemon never did quite recover from losing Masuda to a Directorship role, for example), but overall the games were definitely more good than bad. You can't say that about Gen 3: it's mediocre in nearly every way.
That is some prime example of nostalgia googles.
Next you need to accuse me of being a genwunner. :lol:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
F9IhLvK.jpg

Gerrard

Arcane
I'm glad they removed half of the pokemon and a bunch of moves to make it easier to balance the game so that people don't use the same 10 pokemon all the time.

Oh wait.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom