Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Poll] Troika

Which was the least flawed Troika rpg?

• Total voters

Jason Liang

Arcane
Discuss!

I was teaching the end of the Cold War this week in US history class and thought of Troika when I got to perestroika.

Codex Year of the Donut
Hard to decide because they're all very flawed in separate ways. ToEE is still the most faithful adaptation of D&D ever created, so I guess I'll give it to that.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Bloodlines - Everything except the combat is good.
ToEE - Everything except the combat sucks.
Arcanum - Everything sucks but the concept is good.

The choice is obvious.

Thonius

Arcane
Well let's see. I managed to finish Arcanum without patches as a kid. I got spooked by that house with ghost in bloodlines and stopped playing again as a kid. And ToEE had most boring start I ever saw and it always crushed my pc.
Arcanum it is. :^)

Jason Liang

Arcane
Well let's see. I managed to finish Arcanum without patches as a kid. I got spooked by that house with ghost in bloodlines and stopped playing again as a kid. And ToEE had most boring start I ever saw and it always crushed my pc.
Arcanum it is. :^)
better than Temple of Trials

bravo for finishing Arcanum though

Jason Liang

Arcane
Bloodlines - Everything except the combat is good.
ToEE - Everything except the combat sucks.
Arcanum - Everything sucks but the concept is good.

The choice is obvious.
ToEE - the beginning part sucks
Arcanum - the middle part sucks
Bloodlines - the last part sucks

SionIV

Cipher
Patron
I'll go by this definition of flawed.

"having or containing one or more faults, mistakes, or weaknesses:"

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/flawed

In my opinion, Temple of Elemental Evil is the least flawed of those three games. It's also the worst (still good) of the three games. While both Bloodborne and Arcanum have many flaws, the strengths of those games makes up for the flaws, and then adds some. I find Arcanum to be the most flawed game, but at the same time, I find it to be the best game out of the three. I also consider Planescape Torment more flawed than Baldur's Gate, but it's still a better game. Planescape Torment has more weaknesses, but the strengths are far superior to those of Baldur's Gate.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
ToEE - the beginning part sucks
Arcanum - the middle part sucks
Bloodlines - the last part sucks

Arcanum > combat isn't very good
Bloodlines > combat sucks

So, there's that.

Still, the one i played the most is Arcanum so i'd be hypocritical if i didn't rank it first but the one i wish had a huge world and a new starting location is ToEE so i could play the hell out of it.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Bloodlines story, world and characters with ToEE TB combat...

I would not mind 'a few' bugs.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Probably Temple of Elemental Evil, but also most likely because it was the least ambitious one past having a phenomenal ruleset adaptation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom