Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Poodles+Hookers=Fable 2 <3<3<3

Whipporowill

Erudite
Yay! More fluff and hype this way cometh
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php(que)id=128840

To be perfectly honest I enjoyed Fable the Lost Chapters on PC, but it's not much of an rpg, even for a console-styled one. I don't think poodles and more hookers will change that part...

cvg said:
Apparently Fable 2 will see you start out as a young boy again but in a different area from the original Oakvale, only this time you'll have man's best friend for company in the form of a young puppy who accompanies you throughout the tale.

Once again, how you act and interact with the Fable universe will change the appearance of your character, but now your dog will change too. Be good and you'll have a loving fluffy poodle for company, but play the bad boy and you'll be taking a snarling evil hound from hell for walkies!

And apparently that's about it for Fable 2, although Peter Molyneux apparently also did reveal that the brothels or bawdy houses, which made a recent appearance in Fable: The Lost Chapters, will also be a major feature.

We contacted Lionhead right away to discover the veracity of this here Fable, but were met with a firm "no comment" but we'll update you with more as soon as we have it. But we think it's an absolute cert and we'd expect Fable 2 in all likelihood to make a debut for Christmas 2006.

Edit... what the hell is up with the url-tag? Can't get the fucker working today.

MrSmileyFaceDude

Bethesda Game Studios
Developer
Ugh, who'd want a fluffly poodle, even if they WERE playing a good character? I'd want like a majestic white wolf or something.

Balor

Arcane
2 MrSmileyFaceDude
Why, but of course you'd want to have a cuddly fluffy poodle of you were REALLY good.

Wanting a wolf just marks you as semi-evil. ;)

DarkSign

Erudite
MrSmileyFaceDude said:
Ugh, who'd want a fluffly poodle, even if they WERE playing a good character? I'd want like a majestic white wolf or something.

AH HA!!!

He's let the cat out of the bag!! BethSoft is going to make a Vampire MMO based on the White Wolf IP!!!

I knew it! Bastard.

Balor

Arcane
Well, anyway, Molyneux is cliché whore.
I, being Left-Hand path follower (one step away from Satanist, actually), while trying to roleplay in Fable (yea, I know it's a Herculean task, but I tried anyway) - ended up 'shining good' - simply because his idea of Evil is killing stuff at random and kicking chickens. :roll:
It's not evil, it's bloody stupid!
I expect Fable 2 to follow same route... which means I'll not get it even for free.

Drakron

Arcane
There are at least some ways to complete the quests the "evil" way, you can kill Twinblade, kill Theresa, kill Wisper, take some evil quests, sacrifice people at the temple, steal and break stuff, etc ...

Fable had several good ideas, character being generated by starting as a child and the XP system being seperated into body,skill,will and general but the problem is that in the end it simply does not go beyond the incial idea ... starting as a child does nothing, the XP seperate system ends up being pointless because we gain too much general XP.

Whipporowill

Erudite
One thing in particular that bothered me was that you could PURCHASE nicknames... I always imagined that particular feature to be something you gained from your actual deeds. Kicking chickens and people calling chickenkiller after you would've been a lot more fitting, than just starting out with it.

Nutcracker

Scholar
*Yawn*

What a piece of shit. You'd have to be under 12 to really enjoy a game like that.

Chefe

Erudite
A poodle? That's almost as stupid as having a unicorn in the game.

So, anything else? Or is this going to be just like Fable except with a dog? I mean, I liked Fable but I'd like them to really expand on the ideas that the first one only brushed upon. I hope they let you play as a kid for longer, and it have more of an impact on your adult life. But, most importantly, I hope they really slow down that damn aging, or get rid of the "old man" stage alltogether. This better be coming to the PC as well.

Oh yea, and the URL tag doesn't work because of the parenthesis. Nothing you can do about that though.

Chefe

Erudite
Nutcracker said:
*Yawn*

What a piece of shit. You'd have to be under 12 to really enjoy a game like that.

*Yawn*

You'd have to be a ritalin-addicted dumbfuck to really enjoy a game like Oblivion.

See? I can make stupid comments too.

Balor

Arcane
There are at least some ways to complete the quests the "evil" way, you can kill Twinblade, kill Theresa, kill Wisper, take some evil quests, sacrifice people at the temple, steal and break stuff, etc ...
Again, killing by itself is not evil.

For instance, I indeed killed Whisper - but because I took some quests before, ('good' quests) and faced her as enemy - so, why should I let her go to cause more destruction? Especially if I’ll be given a reward for that?
And about why I took 'good' quests - well, again, I find nothing 'aesthetic' in robbing and killing - see the link above.
I prefer intelligent route. You can be evil and intelligent. You just don't see it often...
So, I'm, by AD&D terms, Neutral Good.
I know an other guy, he's 100%, hardcore satanist - he's chaotic good there...

Well, that's not mentioning the fact that there is no absolute Evil and Good, orientals got that right.
For instance, I killed a innocent young woman. Evil?
But if she survived, let’s say, she'd bear a child that would become a country leader that will start nuclear war that will, in turn, will erase humanity from the face of Earth. Hoo-hoo, I've saved the world! So, Good? (Far-fetched, but not impossible).

You can be despicable and honorless, though... and that is something I try to avoid at all costs.
Take Conan philosophy - while he killed a lot of people w/o second though, can you call him Evil?
Was Crom evil, even given his tendency to kill newborn babes with mere glance?
But, unfortunately, populace is dominated by Christian values where world is painted in Black and While, and want games to behave this way.

Yet, it indeed does simplify your moral choices... or, actually, dumb it all down.
Another reason to hate Christianity and alike monotheistic religions.

Balor

Arcane
Well, question is, most polyteistic religions don't claim that they are the SUPAR UBER, simply due to their 'poly' aspect.
Of course, if you'll take voodooism, that's some pretty sick stuff up there.
But, again, splitting the world into B&W and ignoring the shades is fine example of dumbing down to me.

Balor

Arcane
MWAHAHAHA!
In fact, I've dropped it shortly after Arena too :).
Well, I may try and force myself to finish it... not sure about that, though. Only if I'll feel masochistic and have nothing better to do.

Drakron

Arcane
After all this time I have to laught when people want "inteligent evil".

"Inteligent evil" does not work on any system that allows for a morality shift since "inteligent evil" is pretty much required to start as evil and dont alter his "evilness", a example of "inteligent evil" is Lady Grey and what she does in the game?

And you Conan example is pathetic, I READ Conan and he was certainly not good ... he steals, kills for money (he was a merc AND a pirate) ... what he does is survive, he is not evil because he does not go out of the way to kill for the sake of killing, in fact he even spared a whore life that betrayed him.

Crom was no Set but he was not much nicer that Set.

The problem is you want a game without a morality system with a morality system, its simply not going to happen (and if it does, you are going to bitch about it anyway).

Chefe

Erudite
arnold.jpg

Whipporowill

Erudite
Conan would easily be a chaotic good character. I'd say he's the kind that's easy to anger and violence and doesn't really care about rules and laws - at least until he himself becomes King - but he wouldn't stand for the weak being killed, a sense of thieves honour et c.

Chefe

Erudite
Fucking Tripod.

Remember when sites like Tripod and Angelfire let you host images for free? Ah, those were the days.

arnold0st.jpg

Drakron

Arcane
Problem is you are looking at the movies and the comics and not the books, Conan was certainly NOT a "CG" character because he had no problems AT ALL to join a pirate crew and attack merchant vessels, sure he did because he fallen with the Pirate Queen but does not alter the fact he was as much into pillage as anyone else in the crew.

And he did care about rules and stuff, when he was "promoted" as a general he stop messing around and head on into trouble because its was no longer only his head that was in the line but everyone under his command, he was responsible for then.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Balor said:
MWAHAHAHA!
In fact, I've dropped it shortly after Arena too :).
Well, that makes three of us.
I guess that must be the point where the hollow experience culminates in the penultimate hollow experience - where it is demonstrated that combat ain't no great shakes, even when they try to make it more interesting and focus on it.

Balor said:
Well, I may try and force myself to finish it... not sure about that, though. Only if I'll feel masochistic and have nothing better to do.
I'll probably finish it as well.
It's not like it's a very big game. I guess it's mildly amusing.
But for now even a repetitive game like Sacred Underworld (STILL playing, getting close to finished...) holds my attention more.

Balor

Arcane
I guess it's mildly amusing.
A perfect description of Fable.
Yet, if you'll compare it to the hype... the game is a miserable failure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom