Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Portal 2 demo

Wulfstand

Prophet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5THiN8sz ... re=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq2mZoKk ... re=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGlyQmmv ... re=channel

It seems that the game's going to be a lot more spectacular, but at the same time more difficult. Also, after seeing that british 'personality' cube and Glados, I have a hunch that the game's going to be much more comedy driven than the previous installment.

Personally, I'm pretty anxious to play the game, tho I can't say that I 'can't wait for it'. Hope it ends up good, tho knowing valve, it's going to take a while until we'll be able to play this.

Achilles

Arcane
Yes, it looks great but when is Valve going to release HL3? I'm getting tired of waiting :(

Der_Unbekannte

Educated
@Topic:

I don't know what to think about Portal 2. Concentrating more on story and comedy isn't the right way imo.
Always disliked the Portal storyfags since the puzzles were the most important to me. Everything else was just nice to have but would have traded it for more puzzles.

Also to difficulty: I can't imagine some new obsticles in the design. They pretty much used all possible situations in Portal 1. All they can do now is make more of them or force you to react faster.
But well, let's see maybe they surprise me.

Nihilism

Educated
Der_Unbekannte said:
@Topic:

I don't know what to think about Portal 2. Concentrating more on story and comedy isn't the right way imo.
Always disliked the Portal storyfags since the puzzles were the most important to me. Everything else was just nice to have but would have traded it for more puzzles.

Also to difficulty: I can't imagine some new obsticles in the design. They pretty much used all possible situations in Portal 1. All they can do now is make more of them or force you to react faster.

Or they'll introduce more variables?

Drakron

Arcane
Videos shows there are new elements, like a gel that makes jumping higher and a gel that makes you run faster.

Destroid

Arcane
Pretty incredible visuals, looking forward to this. Increased puzzle difficulty will also be very welcome.

I hope we don't have to listen to that british robot for very long though.

Multi-headed Cow

Drakron said:
Videos shows there are new elements, like a gel that makes jumping higher and a gel that makes you run faster.
And then you start doing freaky shit with them like catching a bouncy gel with your portals and blobbing it over to where you need it. Oh Valve. :love:

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Destroid said:

I heard somewhere that it's just a placeholder. Its voice is going to be different in the final version.

Angthoron

Arcane
barker_s said:
Destroid said:

I heard somewhere that it's just a placeholder. Its voice is going to be different in the final version.

Replaced by Kayne West?

"Imma let y'all finish, but Myst had the best puzzles of all time, man, of all time!"

ChristofferC

Magister
Der_Unbekannte said:
@Topic:

Wait, there are Portal storyfags? Portal doesn't even have a story.

Rhalle

Magister
Vavle apppears to be doing the same thing as before; take a game about thinking and silence, and then consoltard it with a 'social' companion.

Portal 1 was good because it imitated Half-Life, not because it imitated the Episodes.

I've wondered if Valve will stumble here, honestly.

Luzur

Good Sir
why Valve persists doing other things then Episode 3 is beyond me.

imagine if like, Baldurs Gate II had stopped in the middle of the game and Black Isle promised to pick up again next month in a new episode, but they never make that episode.

instead, Black Isle makes Icewind Dale I-II for PS3/XBOX360 and Forgotten Realms Online.

goddammit their HQ would have burned and the Dev staff hanged from the streetlights outside, gutted and painted in feces.

Drakron

Arcane
Its funny, Valve was the one that pushed the whole "episodic content" and then proceeded to show why it was a terrible idea, pretty much killing the idea.

Rhalle

Magister
Luzur said:

As decline as Valve has been in the past few years, I wouldn't doubt that it is little more than them waiting on the next generation of Xbawks hardware.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Its funny, Valve was the one that pushed the whole "episodic content" and then proceeded to show why it was a terrible idea, pretty much killing the idea.
Well, they're just wrong developers for that kinda thing. First we have several franchises going on at the same time and then there's their approach of creating and scrapping tons of ideas (if dev. commentary is true).

Sam and Max games are perfect for episodic content - one game one adventure and Telltale obviously has stricter planning.

Oh, and Valve has shitload of money so they don't lose much by creating one short HL game in four years.

Drakron

Arcane
Hoaxmetal said:
Sam and Max games are perfect for episodic content - one game one adventure and Telltale obviously has stricter planning.

Telltale Games are the only that managed to make it work but they are more the exception.

Its just a massive stupid idea, one thing is waiting for the next episode of Law & Order and another is waiting 6 Months - 1 Year for the next part of my Single Player game.

Multi-headed Cow

Rhalle said:
Luzur said:

As decline as Valve has been in the past few years, I wouldn't doubt that it is little more than them waiting on the next generation of Xbawks hardware.
Valve is well known for their deep love of consoles. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom