Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Portrait Wizard - Make your own character portraits.

Nipslip

Novice
Portrait Wizard is a tool for creating custom hand-drawn like character portraits.
You puzzle together your portrait by choosing from a wide selection of parts,
and manipulate them to create your own unique custom portrait.

The UI is pretty simple and easy to use.
ss_056b50230ddb02dbcb3729ebe417ddd19acf34e4.600x338.jpg

Some example pictures.
ss_518ac1a8b963d4cc4a82d73c1c72437162450aa9.600x338.jpg
ss_b0f5d075870add1588aded277c2875bf2a8bdf71.600x338.jpg

ss_a4b4f4800547a94ddd5986e3c59d3a3edad49ade.600x338.jpg
ss_04802736e1a683e2b840ddc3b64c2564abd502ea.600x338.jpg

The portrait is saved as a BMP(bitmap) picture file, and an Ini file which can be loaded into the software,
so that you can load up a portrait later and continue working on it.

*IMPORTANT*
The minimum screen resolution required is 1280 x 960.
Requires Windows 7 or higher.

I am the sole developer, so developement is pretty slow, but steady.

Portrait Wizard is available on Steam Early Access.
If you are interested, I invite you to check out the videos and more example pictures on Steam:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/685300/Portrait_Wizard/

Last edited:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Not a fan of the infantile style and strong colors, but maybe that's intended. What can you do with these portraits once you make them, anyway?

EDIT: 20 euros holy shit

Nipslip

Novice
People use them for various roleplay stuff, some use it for concepting characters for stories and there is a commercial license included so some people use it for indie game making..
20 might seem a lot, but it is less than one portrait of similar quality, from an artist.

Nipslip

Novice
Art is generally not cheap.
Even on places like Deviantart, you will have a hard time getting a portrait for 20.. At least not of the same quality.
I get it that you do not like the art style, but the assets have a decent quality and there are quite many assets, along with the software which makes it possible to modify them, so I think the price is fair.

Nipslip

Novice
Yeah it is not for everyone..
Anyway, thanks for checking it out nontheless, even tho I feel that people in general would be nicer if I sat face to face with them, but that is what you get on the web..
And that is how it is supposed to be I guess..

Alright, have a good evening everyone!

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
PWOfeyN.png
GMP603n.png
zaryPJN.png
MguBLHz.png
GeMaC1v.png
Ipx1mhT.png

Could we celebrate the acquisition of inXile by Microsoft by finally implementing the Times of Numenera Collector's Edition portraits?
(see pics attached)
A friendly reminder, you don't need alot to produce high quality portraits. The artistic skill dictates the results rather than all these fancy program.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think the first post sums it up pretty well, it just doesn't strike a good balance between realism and cartoony. As for how people are treating you, posting the kind of shit you just did essentially begging for pity is about as bad. You're right, it's the internet, and your product was not only subpar but comically so. People are going to make jokes. Laugh it off, and either change your audience or fix your product.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom