Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Portraits for PoE Thread

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
He sure is talented. The pictures Perkel posted remind me a lot of John Howes (and Alan Whatshisname's) work on Tolkien.

throwaway

Cipher
possibly_retarded.png
Question:
Are these drawn by hand on paper or is it digital?

Perkel

Arcane
possibly_retarded.png
Question:
Are these drawn by hand on paper or is it digital?

Why would you paint anything today on paper ? I mean if you fuck up you need to redo whole thing (or scrape painting) while with layers you can do fucking magic quickly.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Kem0sabe , some female portraits which seemed suitable for Deadfire:

Bd2cFjZ.png
BCtnRWa.png

JCPzip6.png
Cyv1ZAf.png

orfbxAQ.png
8eH4Mnz.png

VqYNnUa.png
ZtxMBEk.png

ZHTj6aj.png
6KLiwVY.png

A7FiPTn.png
Gtf6GW5.png
V9DTG6Q.png
uLFr4LG.png

793yYjZ.png
mbOg7Qd.png
K410aVu.png
ZBZ3yQn.png

iu3hWa2.png
mix7i0a.png

Some male portraits, mostly good for rogues, swashbucklers, fighters:

4XRScWm.png
8jgaJep.png
Y0lwU6m.png
toBZmBk.png
uSC7E8k.png
koxwfF4.png

1hQQpEw.png
fxAzNj4.png

utH1acE.png
LK0kMoi.png
HsmKM40.png
mpw25vZ.png
7YkrFmg.png
FXSm5CL.png

d5Z2Tum.png
l2Z3nXe.png
9D4ewBj.png
DVdIepT.png
g1OysDA.png
FX3mra7.png
tCb55rW.png
oiJ1Nhl.png

You may have some of those, but I guess at least some are being posted for the first time. I've hunted them from pinterest, artstation and deviantart. What character do you need a portrait for?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Kem0sabe , some female portraits which seemed suitable for Deadfire:

Bd2cFjZ.png
BCtnRWa.png

JCPzip6.png
Cyv1ZAf.png

orfbxAQ.png
8eH4Mnz.png

VqYNnUa.png
ZtxMBEk.png

ZHTj6aj.png
6KLiwVY.png

A7FiPTn.png
Gtf6GW5.png
V9DTG6Q.png
uLFr4LG.png

793yYjZ.png
mbOg7Qd.png
K410aVu.png
ZBZ3yQn.png

iu3hWa2.png
mix7i0a.png

Some male portraits, mostly good for rogues, swashbucklers, fighters:

4XRScWm.png
8jgaJep.png
Y0lwU6m.png
toBZmBk.png
uSC7E8k.png
koxwfF4.png

1hQQpEw.png
fxAzNj4.png

utH1acE.png
LK0kMoi.png
HsmKM40.png
mpw25vZ.png
7YkrFmg.png
FXSm5CL.png

d5Z2Tum.png
l2Z3nXe.png
9D4ewBj.png
DVdIepT.png
g1OysDA.png
FX3mra7.png
tCb55rW.png
oiJ1Nhl.png

You may have some of those, but I guess at least some are being posted for the first time. I've hunted them from pinterest, artstation and deviantart. What character do you need a portrait for?

How do i install these?

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
How do i install these?

Save the pictures, preferably with some human readable names. They need to have the same name, ending on _lg and _sm, so the game recognizes them. Put the files in your Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire\PillarsOfEternityII_Data\gui\portraits\player dir, under "female" or "male". It doesn't matter much where you put them because the game shows you both female and male portraits when you are choosing your portrait.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Doing my first playthrough of PoE 1 right now and stumbled upon this lovely portrait somewhere online:
feea337d97.png
35bbd9d61c.png

But I shopped the haircolor from red to black and added some better pupils. Couldn't be happier with this one and I think it fits perfectly with the existing PoE portraits.

Edit: Fixed eye alignment.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
Vityaz , here are some dwarves I found, though I haven't converted any of them, because I don't know if you'll like any.

Generally there's very little variety among dwarf portraits which is sad, and very few are not "grumpy-looking guy with big armor and a huge axe/pickaxe/hammer", but I managed to find a few. I hope there will be some you haven't seen and may like:
https://imgur.com/a/AI29yf4

Vityaz

Augur
Vityaz , here are some dwarves I found, though I haven't converted any of them, because I don't know if you'll like any.

Generally there's very little variety among dwarf portraits which is sad, and very few are not "grumpy-looking guy with big armor and a huge axe/pickaxe/hammer", but I managed to find a few. I hope there will be some you haven't seen and may like:
https://imgur.com/a/AI29yf4

Oh wow, these are actually VERY good. I am especially liking the second last. Thanks!

AwesomeButton

Patron
BTW, I've been hunting portraits and replacing the watercolor versions of important NPCs. I'm pretty happy with the results, and I find that I approach the conversations much differently and use my imagination a lot more if I have a more detailed portrait image for the NPC, and turn off the reputations and skill check markers.

https://i.imgur.com/Uj9W94c.jpg

AwesomeButton

Patron
I'll see what you have and whether I like it, but I'm quite picky, should warn you.

Jaceface

One more detail pass, and fixed a small mistake in the last update. Most of the stuff in the base game is pretty rendered, IMO they could have went with a sketchier/looser finish.
male_human_paladin_horn_lg.png

Glad to see you are still around!
Jaceface, freelance illustrator at your service!
86ixp8uy0f311.jpg

Also, check out this teeny tiny detail:
painintheass.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

laclongquan

Arcane
Generally I avoid "social media", but this page has a lot of very good portraits for female characters:
http://char-portraits.tumblr.com/

That tumblr is shit and please do not waste everyone's time...
Hell, I scroll way too many pages and NOT ONE single pic that I find interesting, or worth downloading.

No, I dont use it to play PoE. But I DO use interesting pics to make portraits for other games.

I confirm that the link is simply shit. Shit as in "way too shitty taste to worth time".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom