Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Post-apocalypse under the dome: Encased now on Kickstarter

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I think its the difference between the interior and exterior. The former one has almost non-existing textures and it looks like isometric Doom3 on low settings.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Stat screen looks
homer-simpson-drooling-gif-6.gif

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Ouch those graphics and sounds... I rather it had Fallout 1 graphics than this.. this KS makes WL2 before DC look good.
I think... though I might be mistaken, several years passed but even now the game does not look worse than W2 alpha? But we are still working on it obviously.

giphy.gif

It looks fine. Problem is we still want 90's style graphics but nobody makes them.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
84b3qGU.png

What about this? Is nobody reporting about this game?

Everybody, including local Tibet news station is reporting about it. I can't even walk the streets of Codex City any more without being ambushed by this banner all the freaking time!

It had 2 Kickstarters and 22 delays and good UI (emphasize on had). Has it's own thread too. It's even been talked about in thread about game which has nothing to do with it, except maybe that devs from both teams shop for vodka from same vodka dealer...

Dexter

Arcane
Looks cool, not sure if I'll back it on KickStarter yet but definitely added to my Journal.

CadmusLabs

Arcane
Developer
17f2ff9540c0821db68247d09e73f679_original.jpg

Does anyone remember this?
I get the same vibes :)

giphy.gif

Sending Nukes! :argh::argh::argh:

No, but seriously... We do not put our names in the title, to try mock Mr. Brian Fargo and even months before our project was way more playable and felt like a game than final thing than Nixon put on Steam. Please, don't compare us, this is a serious insult. This guy really ruined trust in Russian Fallout dream, but we are eager to prove that not everyone here are scammers. :( This makes me sad, actually.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Looks interesting, setting have some elements which remind me about S.T.A.L.K.E.R games (anomalies, mysterious artifact with signs of intellect) and some elements remind me about Fallout.
I hope everything will be ok and you manage to deliver good game.

CadmusLabs

Arcane
Developer
Looks interesting, setting have some elements which remind me about S.T.A.L.K.E.R games (anomalies, mysterious artifact with signs of intellect) and some elements remind me about Fallout.
I hope everything will be ok and you manage to deliver good game.
On S.T.A.L.K.E.R. part - that's because one of our sources of inspiration was Roadside Picnic, which is basically where Stalker derived a lot of ideas from. On Fallout, well... yes :)

CrazyMode

Novice
"Admit to being a sadistic rapist and pedophile"
Hmm...
First CRPG, in my experience, where you can be catholic priest.
Sold!
I mean Backed/

Also, i more than 100% sure, Viacheslav pronounce "R" that haRd for purpose...

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Okay, I have a question.

p.png

p.png

Will we have the option to hide the greyed-out options in the game, so that we only see what we can pick?

CadmusLabs

Arcane
Developer
Will we have the option to hide the greyed-out options in the game, so that we only see what we can pick?
I see what you mean. If there will be a demand, we can add a checkbox in options for that, should not be a lot of work.

edited: though there are certain design decisions behind it, obviously. Personally, I love to see other options even if those are locked, so I can feel and understand what is so special about my character and build.

Last edited:

CadmusLabs

Arcane
Developer
"Admit to being a sadistic rapist and pedophile"
Hmm...
First CRPG, in my experience, where you can be catholic priest.
Sold!
I mean Backed/

Also, i more than 100% sure, Viacheslav pronounce "R" that haRd for purpose...

TRied to blend in natuRally, looks like need some more practice :oops:

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
I see what you mean. If there will be a demand, we can add a checkbox in options for that, should not be a lot of work.
There's a demand.

edited: though there are certain design decisions behind it, obviously. Personally, I love to see other options even if those are locked, so I can feel and understand what is so special about my character and build.
Perhaps a compromise would be to show that there are locked options, but not what those options are. Or, alternately, show what it is that unlocks those options, but nothing else.

For instance:

[Wing: White] Option inaccessible

The issue with the second screenshot in particular is that that [Wing: White] option lets us know that something bad could happen if we immediately free the soldier from his suit. We (as players) get the benefit of that knowledge, even when our character would not, which could influence our decision.

Latham

Literate
17f2ff9540c0821db68247d09e73f679_original.jpg

Does anyone remember this?
I get the same vibes :)
Your vibes are all too true, my friend... Encased's director Andrey Lyapichev aka Weilard is actually the same Mr. Nixon who created After Reset and ran away with the money. Proof linked below: (note how he switches between his aliases). Cue the Encased press person coming in and telling everyone Andrey only did 3 artworks for the game, and a russian professional pilot turned USA immigrant who's real name is Richard Nixon is actually another person that has no links to Andrey :D

1. http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/after-reset-classic-post-apocalyptic-role-playing-game.199729/page-5
HEbTGJj.png

2. https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ld-school-isometic-turn-based-rpg/description
HEbU7Wf.png

3. https://twitter.com/Weilard
HEbUFR8.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:hmmm:

Weilard is actually the same Mr. Nixon who created After Reset (note how he switches between his aliases).

Citation needed.

The fact that you're conflating art director with "director" isn't helping your case either.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom