Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Post-apocalypse under the dome: Encased now on Kickstarter

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Feel sorry for that guy. Some ill-wisher guy tried to torpedoing him or Encased...

Latham - Silenzio stampa?

Latham

Literate
While I completely understand how my accusations are not final and can be easily seen as an idiot trying to find proof in a bunch of crazy random events, I really don't see how what Cadmus provides is proof... The proof of Weilard being completely innocent would be for example proof that he got nothing out of Nixon's scam and never met the guy. However, he proves he had nothing to do with it by showing a piece of paper that says Nixon gave him $400 of stolen money per art piece... Of which there were A LOT. This only proves Weilard lied about never meeting Nixon in person, and that he benefited from the grief of others. Is that what it takes to close this case? A barely readable rant about his wife putting hangers on the wall and some made-up contract that's full of typos, has no legal power, could've been made yesterday and doesn't add anything to the case? I am willing to back down from this only when I see proof or payback. P.S. Please don't lie about me contacting media, I'm not responsible for every single person duped by your employee.

I ASK INANE QUESTIONS

ITZ NEVER STOPS COOOMING
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Then Andrew the Angel created his own post-apocalyptic Fallout style RPG Serenity, for which he gathered unknown amounts of donations via Patreon along with his new partner Rich Lionwood, who just happened to be another silver tongued American start-up creator who liked making post-apocalyptic fallout inspired RPGs.

So this line caught my eye and I did some digging, because that's what I do. I dig.

Let's break the statement down:

created his own post apocalyptic Fallout style RPG Serenity,

True. The site is still out there. You can visit it, and if you know enough Russian, you can follow the links.
By following the links, you'll end up here, on official VK page for Project Serenity. A few clicks later, and you'll find the rest of the links I'll present below.
Anyone with a cursory knowledge of Russian or Google translate can verify this meticulous investigation.

for which he gathered unknown amounts of donations via Patreon

False. His patreon is exclusively dedicated to drawing post-apocalyptic art and has nothing to do with Serenity.
It's explained fully in this thread - here's the translation of the relevant parts.

Here's a snapshot of his Patreon - nothing to write home about, but it's consistent with his statement and he keeps working on it. Serenity is only mentioned once, and only for the purpose of promotion.
Also verifiable if you want to throw 3 dollarydoos to the wind and scroll through 100+ patron-only posts. Here's your link.

along with his new partner Rich Lionwood who just happened to be another silver tongued American start-up

False. Rich Lionwood was actually his nickname on Twitter. He has since changed the handle and the nickname, however, he never referred to Rich LongLionwood as his friend or acquaintance, either. The Russian text on the official website mentions one other person - HMT, who is also a regular on the Nuclear City forums. He's further referred to as a "guy who dislikes social networks, but posts frequently on Nuclear City forums" on the group's official VK page. Here's his profile on the forums, and once again, no mention of Rich Lionwood anywhere to be found.

Even on the official site Rich Lionwood remains ever elusive - not only he's never mentioned on team page, but the English text on the Serenity's website is written in typical Weilard style - that is, it's absolutely atrocious (Sad, but true). No sign of eloquent silver-tongued Rich. Where are those conmen when you need them?

I'm disappointed. I was promised Rich Lionwood, an international man of mystery. I was hoping the rabbit hole would go further. And of course, it didn't, and there was no master conman at the bottom.

Based on one single piece of evidence I was bothered to examine, the case does not hold up. If somebody is bothered enough to go in and verify the rest of the claims, go ahead, but if this was a real courtroom and not just a bunch of spergs playing internet spy, I'd be filing a motion to dismiss.

In conclusion:

Ban Latham.

Last edited:

I ASK INANE QUESTIONS

ITZ NEVER STOPS COOOMING
Patron
Furthermore, now that we're moving out of the realm of facts:

Rich Longwood, aka Weilard, does not, to me, look like he's a conman. If he somehow turns out to be, he's definitely a very busy one - between Patreon, his son, his difficult and frankly tragic family situation and his underpaid gigs, he somehow manages to find the time and inspiration to conduct large-scale scams.
If he does, kudos to him - he's a smartie, but to me, he looks much more like a man who has nowhere near enough money to do what he wants, but cannot for the life of him stop dreaming that one day he will. A man in that position might resort to a con - but much more likely he'll latch onto any job he's offered, even if it comes with extra responsibilities. His biggest claim to e-fame is the art he did to show those darn wasteland devs how it's done, and being Russian, he wouldn't ask for too much - no wonder Nixon would latch onto him.

Last edited:

CadmusLabs

Arcane
Developer
Furthermore, now that we're moving out of the realm of facts:

Rich Longwood, aka Weilard, does not, to me, look like he's a conman. If he turns out to be, he's a busy one - between Patreon, his son, his difficult and frankly tragic family situation and his underpaid gigs, he somehow manages to find the time and inspiration to conduct large-scale scams.
If he does, kudos to him - he's smartie, but to me, he looks much more like a man who has nowhere near enough money to do what he wants, but cannot for the life of him, stop dreaming. A man in that position might resort to a con - but much more likely that he'll latch on to any job he's offered, even if it comes with extra responsibilities. His biggest claim to e-fame is the art he did to show those wasteland devs how it's done, and being Russian, he wouldn't ask for too much - no wonder Nixon would latch onto him.
:love:

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
To be fair Richard Nixon was conned himself remember?

So does anyone still remember this game? Does anyone wonder why there is no updates in the thread or visible progress in EA? There is no info on its Steam page or official forums or groups in vk or facebook or twitter, kickstarter updates are private in "only for bakers" mode. To my surprise not so long ago I found a meaty article on russian tech\geek portal habrahabr by no less but mr.Nixon himself! It's an amazing inside of the disaster:

- The day before kcikstarter ended the lost lead programmer.

- THe guy who should collect money from campaign cheated for about 16k$

- Mr. Nixon found out his main level designer is an incompetent fuck and from now on will do design levels himself

- Mr. Nixon lost about a half of the game assets due an ssd failure because true professionals don't do backups. Blames Windows.

- By april of 2015 all kickstarter money had been spent

- Mr. Nixon was quite surprised that good programmers cost a lot, and he has no money.

Summary: Mr.Nixon, a very successful international businessman as he call himself is a dumbfuck.

Link to the article: https://habrahabr.ru/post/314210/

Tips for indie developers from guru: https://habrahabr.ru/post/316834/

The official site of the game afterreset.com "currently suspended".

I ASK INANE QUESTIONS

ITZ NEVER STOPS COOOMING
Patron
Or at least tell us if he is Infinitron's alt or not, the suspence is killing me.
Who knows? What I do know is that something very similar to the shitshow in this thread is happening right now on the rpgwatch. Follow the link - it's all there, and it's all self-evident. He's on a big personal crusade. He'll drag Richard motherfucking Nixon into the limelight. It's gonna be a second Watergate. He'll prove to everyone he's a crook.

Last edited:

Darkzone

Arcane
While I completely understand how my accusations are not final and can be easily seen as an idiot trying to find proof in a bunch of crazy random events, I really don't see how what Cadmus provides is proof... The proof of Weilard being completely innocent would be for example proof that he got nothing out of Nixon's scam and never met the guy. However, he proves he had nothing to do with it by showing a piece of paper that says Nixon gave him $400 of stolen money per art piece... Of which there were A LOT. This only proves Weilard lied about never meeting Nixon in person, and that he benefited from the grief of others. Is that what it takes to close this case? A barely readable rant about his wife putting hangers on the wall and some made-up contract that's full of typos, has no legal power, could've been made yesterday and doesn't add anything to the case? I am willing to back down from this only when I see proof or payback. P.S. Please don't lie about me contacting media, I'm not responsible for every single person duped by your employee.
You have now the list of Games and Studios that Weilard has worked on. Go through the entire list and try to verify / falsify it. Whatever the result is it will help, if you present the result. Till the end of the KS there is still enough time.

Latham

Literate
Can't call yourself a real Russian company if you don't have any developers who wasted their time on Allods
Or STALKER!
Another victim of the scam reached me today and added some interesting info to the ongoing investigation, and I would like to make sure of one thing. Did Andrey by any chance have access to After Reset's Trello account? Again, guys, I just want the truth, not to ruin your campaign (as if it can even suffer from one person who wants to find out the truth). Also, can we get any info on who HMT is? Why is there no information on him and who then is Rich Lionwood?

SgNFCP.jpg

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Can't call yourself a real Russian company if you don't have any developers who wasted their time on Allods
Or STALKER!
Another victim of the scam reached me today and added some interesting info to the ongoing investigation, and I would like to make sure of one thing. Did Andrey by any chance have access to After Reset's Trello account? Again, guys, I just want the truth, not to ruin your campaign (as if it can even suffer from one person who wants to find out the truth). Also, can we get any info on who HMT is? Why is there no information on him and who then is Rich Lionwood?

SgNFCP.jpg

This is gay fiction? Do you feel "encased"? :)

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
Kickstarter finally accepts backing from Europe, without a creditcard. Backed it right away and now I have something more to wait. Yay!

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Kickstarter finally accepts backing from Europe, without a creditcard. Backed it right away and now I have something more to wait. Yay!

Sadly, the need to wait makes me want this game funded but not way over funded nor a huge AE success so they don't take 30 extra years to release it. I would rather have less much sooner than more much later. Devs can't be trusted with too much money as they'll take the retarded criticisms of graphic whores and snooty art snobs seriously and blow it all on engine upgrades and graphics, and then gut gameplay and depth/complexity to have more mass market appeal, and then look towards consoles and ruin the UI for controller usability and streamline the gameplay for their new market of retarded children, etc.

Just look at Underrail - its been 50 years since it released and they still haven't released the expansion, and we can't expect Underrail 2 until 2087. And he doesn't even have tons of money to burn through. I wish he hired a cutthroat money grubbing publisher to light fires under him and get him to produce content at normal human speed. I love his game but his lack of speed fills me with a frothy rage. Patience is for losers. Freddie Mercury had it right when he sang, "I want it all right now."

I'm not saying any of this applies to this game that I desperately want to be funded; I guess I'm just venting my nerd rage for no reason because being on-topic, like patience, is for losers.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Props to the developers for getting down and dirty in a Codex thread. I remember MRY taking about how we'll never get developers to regularly participate in the Codex if we keep harassing them and treating 'em like shit. Cadmus has navigated most of it pretty well though, and that makes me more optimistic about the games future.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
Sadly, the need to wait makes me want this game funded but not way over funded nor a huge AE success so they don't take 30 extra years to release it. I would rather have less much sooner than more much later. Devs can't be trusted with too much money as they'll take the retarded criticisms of graphic whores and snooty art snobs seriously and blow it all on engine upgrades and graphics, and then gut gameplay and depth/complexity to have more mass market appeal, and then look towards consoles and ruin the UI for controller usability and streamline the gameplay for their new market of retarded children, etc.

Eh, I know one or two people who help a bit with this game and I fellow this since it was announced. As long as they don't pull a Mandate, I stay optimistic :D.

Just look at Underrail - its been 50 years since it released and they still haven't released the expansion, and we can't expect Underrail 2 until 2087. And he doesn't even have tons of money to burn through. I wish he hired a cutthroat money grubbing publisher to light fires under him and get him to produce content at normal human speed. I love his game but his lack of speed fills me with a frothy rage. Patience is for losers. Freddie Mercury had it right when he sang, "I want it all right now."

I'm sure there is a joke hidden under all that anger, but all I can think his "hmm, maybe I should give Underrail a try, until Encased is release." You're a stealthy marketeer, good sir.

I'm not saying any of this applies to this game that I desperately want to be funded; I guess I'm just venting my nerd rage for no reason because being on-topic, like patience, is for losers.

But patience can be sooo rewarding. The best guys shoot last.

Props to the developers for getting down and dirty in a Codex thread. I remember MRY taking about how we'll never get developers to regularly participate in the Codex if we keep harassing them and treating 'em like shit. Cadmus has navigated most of it pretty well though, and that makes me more optimistic about the games future.

Yeah. The Codex can be Mos Eisley and it's always nice to read pleasant and professional posts like his.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
hmm, maybe I should give Underrail a try
If you haven't you are completely retarded for not doing so. And I don't say this lightly or to be edgy. It is a great, great crpg and a must play. It should be a requirement to play Underrail and back Encased to be a member of rpgcodex.

CadmusLabs

Arcane
Developer
Alright, guys, we are going good, thanks to your help. Also, good peeps from Larian made a shout out so we have a good peak now :)

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
You do realize that the contract scan shown by Weilard gives you Nixon's real name and phone number, right? And his angel.co profile gives you plenty of bio info. What more do you wish to find?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom