Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Moonspeak Power Dolls 3 to English Translation Thread

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
qSiTmpz.png

I should have started this a while ago but I am doing it now. We got a translation project going on for Power Dolls 3 for PC and so far its coming along nicely! I'll post some screenshots soon when I can get screendumps done without it crashing...

Here is the progress so far..

Graphic Buttons/Text - 90%
Basic Dialogue - 70%
Scenario Dialogues - 35%
.EXE Translation - 50%
Character Descriptions - 35%

Those Involved in Project
MrRichard999 - Game Modification & GFX Editing
Filler - Translations
Helly - Translations
AgentOrange - Translations

Also will need play-testers near completion if anyone is interested. Please message MrRichard999

TigerKnee

Arcane
Any reason why you started with :decline: RTwP PowerDoLLs 3 instead of :incline: TB Advanced 2 or 5?

Still, I'm interested, put me down for beta testing

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
3 was able to run on my system at the time and I also just got 4 to work too which may be next depending on how if it is accesible for me to modify. I will try to get 2 to work now that I got the Direct Draw Emu program.

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
It's not a bad game if you are intro strategic stuff and mechs. Aweigh is working on the stuff for Wiz Empires 1 but he is in the middle of moving at the moment so it may be some time for that... I got something that is a bit related to Wizardry that is being worked on at the moment and another title as well :D

Repressed Homosexual
Infinitron DarkUnderlord I don't understand why these guys don't have custom titles. They have translated so many gems hidden from Japan, that have 20x more genuine old-school goodness than anything that comes out of Kickstarter. They have about 50 projects made. They did more for what the Codex stands for than anyone short of probably Vault Dweller. They even started translation projects simply because one or a few Codex users expressed they wished for it. All for free, out of a pure labor of love.

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
I wish Darkunderlord would buy Romhacking.net :D

Its in the hands of some of the most incapable people and I got banned from there due to trying to preserve too much material and defend a ROM hack of Donald Trump in a Donkey Kong 3 hack where he attacks a CNN logo... I am very thankful the codex is here or I would probably would have just thrown in the towel on these projects.

Why not translate more of the non-weaboo jap wizardry clones???

Power dolls sounds like some weird pedo sex doll fetish typical of the japs.

Hey Chaotic, this may satisfy your Wizardry clone appetite... Making good progress on this one so far :) Will make a thread once more gets done!

1tQQSqy.png
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
Please summon me when you have released it. Wiz empires 2 was awesome.

Also fuck the romhacking.net and hope you have other online/offline backups of your hard work.

JR Perez

Barely Literate
qSiTmpz.png

I should have started this a while ago but I am doing it now. We got a translation project going on for Power Dolls 3 for PC and so far its coming along nicely! I'll post some screenshots soon when I can get screendumps done without it crashing...

Here is the progress so far..

Graphic Buttons/Text - 90%
Basic Dialogue - 70%
Scenario Dialogues - 35%
.EXE Translation - 50%
Character Descriptions - 35%

Those Involved in Project
MrRichard999 - Game Modification & GFX Editing
Filler - Translations
Helly - Translations
AgentOrange - Translations

Also will need play-testers near completion if anyone is interested. Please message MrRichard999

How did you make this make this thing work? I'm a fan since Power Dolls 1 and I tried installing this on my PC but it seems I can't make it work. Be it PD3, 4 or 5. Tried running it on compatibility modes and all but no luck. Are there any set-up that I need to fulfill for this?

JR Perez

Barely Literate
Use windows XP or older. If you don't have the hardware to run it, use a partition.

Does a virtual machine count? Installed Window 98 and XP using this method but to no avail. Tried opening the "setup" or "autoexec" on both 98/XP but it doesn't even continue or open.

RadRanger

Barely Literate
I got a bit stuck on it after I upgraded to windows 10 and using a Virtual Machine is not giving me the best setup either... I wish I could ge tthis working in Windows 10 or even with DxWND somehow...
wow your still around three years? Glad your still around at least but lost a bit of hope since your no longer working on it now.

What's your plans for the future then? Are you thinking of translating the other games? Cause I just found three other games in the series. Power Dolls 1, 4 and 5. I actually bought them all. XD
And part 4 runs good on windows 10! Just 1 and 5 have to set it on XP service pack 3. Full screen tho, can't seem to set to window mode. But all and all, runs good.

Power Dolls 1 happens to be a remake of the first dos game. That's kool, so if your thinking of coming back translating again. That'll be most amazing... but I can only dream... :(

Anyway here's the games on DLsite and they're on sale till May 10!
https://www.dlsite.com/soft/work/=/product_id/VJ004060.html
VJ004060_img_main.jpg

https://www.dlsite.com/soft/work/=/product_id/VJ004059.html
VJ004059_img_main.jpg

https://www.dlsite.com/soft/work/=/product_id/VJ005286.html
VJ005286_img_main.jpg

Endemic

Arcane
Helps that Kogado are still alive and kicking, unlike most independent Japanese devs from the 80s\90s.

Lucumo

Educated
I got a bit stuck on it after I upgraded to windows 10 and using a Virtual Machine is not giving me the best setup either... I wish I could ge tthis working in Windows 10 or even with DxWND somehow...
wow your still around three years? Glad your still around at least but lost a bit of hope since your no longer working on it now.

What's your plans for the future then? Are you thinking of translating the other games? Cause I just found three other games in the series. Power Dolls 1, 4 and 5. I actually bought them all. XD
And part 4 runs good on windows 10! Just 1 and 5 have to set it on XP service pack 3. Full screen tho, can't seem to set to window mode. But all and all, runs good.
I did buy those as well and had to return them because whoever did the digital versions messed it up in a way so that the games can only be installed on Japanese/English Windows OS. So if you can't set your entire OS language up that way, you are straight up screwed.

Ah, and this applies to several other digital Kogado games I bought as well.

flyingjohn

Arcane

I did buy those as well and had to return them because whoever did the digital versions messed it up in a way so that the games can only be installed on Japanese/English Windows OS. So if you can't set your entire OS language up that way, you are straight up screwed.

Have you tried locale emulator?
It runs specif program sin jap locale.

Lucumo

Educated

Have you tried locale emulator?
It runs specif program sin jap locale.
Of course I did but like I said, it requires the whole OS to be set in those languages since it checks for certain rights and those have to use a specific spelling (that's why English Windows OS works as well since Japanese just c&p'ed stuff) which is why simple programs like Locale Emulator don't work.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Kids today are so entitled: I used to switch Windows to Japanese language for an hour at a time so I could look at beautiful pixel titties, and made sure to make the switch back to English so my parents wouldn't suspect anything.

I was grateful to just have that option.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom