Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Prey for the Gods, Shadow of the Colossus-inspired game by No Matter Studios

---

Arcane

Here's an interesting project, Prey for the Gods. It's a game - developed by No Matter Studios - heavily inspired on the PS2 classic Shadow of the Colossus (so we can expect exploration just for the sake of seeing new places and environments, though boss fights etc...).

In Prey for the Gods, you play a lone hero sent to the edge of a dying world to discover the mystery behind a never-ending winter. Arriving with only the clothes on your back, you must survive the colossal dangers that you encounter. To restore balance and reclaim the land from the brink, you will be faced with questions that not even a God knows the answer to.

1aff40188a2b5dbb3c9e79b9ff96323e_original.jpg

They ask for 300k, and there are a lot of additional stretch goals (especially more boss fights).

8fc198ce0064d3b97285099303648af1_original.jpg

They have also two great "sponsor" like Brian Fargo and Cliff Bleszinski.
Here you can find more information about the campaign.

f8b2764b8d70ec48ec1b2fc6b08e1a35_original.jpg

Last edited:

---

Arcane
Someone tell me it's shit because it actually looks pretty good.

It really seems good, but... don't you guys think that the amount of money requested is a bit too little?
Probably they have a "secret" deal with a publisher :M

Last edited:

BobtheTree

Savant
This looks quite good. Probably won't back it, though, especially since getting the title is steeper than most kickstarters.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Neato, this looks pretty nice, I really liked Shadow of the Colossus. Altho I felt like a monster for killing the giants :cry:

300k seems a bit low tho? And Unity urgh.

---

Arcane
It seems that only three people are working on the game:M

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Was about to post about this. I liked Shadow of the Colossus. I hope they get the console stretch goal since it (like Shadow of the Colossus) looks like it'd be better to play on a console.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
It's hard for me to imagine SotC without the rumbling of the controller -- that seemed like a pretty integral feature. I like the creature designs, but still, this seems quite derivative. Part of the genius of SotC lay in its novelty. Even assuming a game that successfully duplicated the visual designs and excellent (to my memory) controls, it's hard to imagine it having anything like the same impact. Still, I'll back it if I can remember my Kickstarter password.

praetor

Arcane
obvious ripoff is way too obvious. while i love SotC, this won't get a penny of mine because of the blatant copypasting :keepmymoney:

Perkel

Arcane
SoTC worked not because of boss battles but because of whole package.

Weird story, sudo-exploration, amazing art style, absolutely amazing OST, Wanderer Agro romance, and kind of OOT aproach to game design.

Each boss felt more like puzzle than boss fight and each and everyone managed to get hat : What the fuck ? How should i even fight it ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom