Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wadjet Eye Primordia - A Point and Click Adventure - Now Available

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Of course there's really no way to check out Fallen Gods, as there's nothing much public yet. But soon, I hope. I always want just one more asset until I share it. :)

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
It's gotten tied up a bit on the WEG end. They're trying to time it with Mac and Linux ports, and I think none of it is a huge priority on their end. I was actually about to bug 'em about it.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Despite the slow gears of progress, etc., I think it's worth waiting for the patch. If you want, I could also just try to find a way to send you the patched version of the game. I'm not sure there is a noticeable difference if you've played the game and then replay it with the patch, but it's kind of like the removal of annoying static or something from a recording.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Trying to buy this from GOG while it's on sale and I keep getting a Paypal error :argh:

Will try again tomorrow.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
This may be a silly question, but isn't there a chance that its price will drop more during the sale? (WEG never tells me anything, so I have no insider info here, but generally isn't it best to wait until the last day of a sale to see if something goes on a steeper "flash" discount?)

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
How does it work exactly, MRY? Does Wormwood Studios get a cut from the sales, or does WEG take it all as the publisher?

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
GOG.com takes its cut, then WEG takes its cut, then we divvy up the rest between us. Most of the money goes to us at this point. Whatever griping I may engage in, WEG probably takes less than the average publisher.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
In that case, do not wait for a bigger discount, bros. The game is easily worth getting at full price (not exactly expensive even then). At a discount, it is a steal.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
The difference in a customer paying $2.50 vs. 5.00 is about 45 cents per team member. It really doesn't matter unless we're talking about hundreds of transactions. :)

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Tried all my credit and debit cards, NOTHING worls.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG :argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Thanks bros. I'll wait and see if they fix the issue soon, and if not, I'll just buy it at full price if the sale has ended by then. I promised myself I should get this a LONG time ago.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Patch is uploaded to Steam. GOG and direct download coming. Steam cards live too. Thanks to MicoSelva for his help with testing the patch.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
And now 60% off on Steam. I wish WEG would discount it more steeply, but maybe Christmas. I'll try insisting.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Yes, although it has some spoilers. It's on the game's frontpage on Steam. The basics are: (1) hint system functions much better; (2) all cutscenes, but especially the cutscenes in the last half of the game, are much improved in terms of timing and sound effects; (3) walking animation is much less choppy; (4) tons of little interactions have been improved in terms of animation and appropriate responses; and (5) there are some additional options in the options menu for gfx settings. There are tons of little fixes too, achievements now work properly, there's a bit of restored dialogue and a few new kiosk screens. Overall, I don't know if it will feel all that different when replaying it -- though there's one cutscene that I think is noticeably improved -- but everything just works better.

[EDIT:

We also restored one close-up shot that had inadvertently not been included.

]

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom