Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Project Eternity Kickstarter Update #5: Souls, Technology, and New Community Tier

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Page 37, Planescape Torment Manual:

THANKS TO:

(Ken L) "Ken would like to thank Mom........and FF VII VIII for inspiration,"

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'd rather our group didn't consist of actual Codexers. It'd be way more fun if it was 6 Codexian archetypes or symbols or something, imho. Like I dunno, Papa Mole the gunslinger, etc. (I'm bad at this, but someone could probably come up with something actually good.)
That should be part of the whole thing. Make it part contest where the winning Codexer design gets the swag and we all get the prestige for helping/ contributing to the creation of.... THE MOST AWESOME VILLAINS IN A VIDYA GAME EVAR!!!!!! :yeah:

Seriously, we do have some talented people who post here and could come up with some great party personalities that pays homage to our long walk in the desert that is today's cRPG games without it crossing over into hur-DERP territory. The "in-jokes" should be subtle and not in your face with personalities that reflect our :obviously: values. The staff could gather the top 5 or so and put them to a general Codex vote.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I won't be donating if we decide for some retarded circle jerk featuring retards like Skyway. Make any references to the Codex or (if you must) codexers very subtle. I'm not very creative but some of you are and it shouldn't be to hard to come up with a theme for the party that incorporates some general Codex viewpoints, as opposed to duurrrr skyway and prosper so funneh.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I won't be donating if we decide for some retarded circle jerk featuring retards like Skyway. Make any references to the Codex or (if you must) codexers very subtle. I'm not very creative but some of you are and it shouldn't be to hard to come up with a theme for the party that incorporates some general Codex viewpoints, as opposed to duurrrr skyway and prosper so funneh.
Making the references very subtle would, kinda, defeat the purpose of this, wouldn't it? Given that it would be, most likely, an encounter, or, at best, a series of encounters, being subtle and relatively understated, like in the case of the W2 location, wouldn't be the best option. We need something outrageous, to make that encounter memorable.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Making the references very subtle would, kinda, defeat the purpose of this, wouldn't it? Given that it would be, most likely, an encounter, or, at best, a series of encounters, being subtle and relatively understated, like in the case of the W2 location, wouldn't be the best option. We need something outrageous, to make that encounter memorable.
They don't have to be "very" subtle but I don't think a totally over the top band of misfits is needed either. I'd rather go :obviously: than :patriot:.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It can be outrageous all it wants, as long as the references to the codex are subtle.

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
What about a group of transient fractured souls? Homeless and ostracized vagabonds, they hold onto partial memories of past lives where they lived in privilege and high esteem, lamenting the downfall (decline) that occurred through no fault of their own. Their souls become more fractured every time they go through the cycle of life and death, losing a bit more of their memories each time. This drives their reincarnations slightly more insane, aggressive and desperate to relive the glory days, or holding onto the memory thereof.

The group that you meet seem to be at a boiling point in terms of holding onto what remains of their memories and their sanity.

Fits Codex to a tee, plus it mirrors TNO.

As for the actual people, that's where you can make the more obvious references. I'm thinking parodies of BLOBERT, Cleve and Prosper would be p. funny.

It would be ridiculously funny for the people in the know to have a female character named "Andhaira" in the Codex team.:troll:

:lol:

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
It can be outrageous all it wants, as long as the references to the codex are subtle.
You think anybody outside the Codex would recognize the names of Skyway, Prosper or Andhaira? "Andhaira" sounds like a woman's name. It would be ridiculously funny for the people in the know to have a female character named "Andhaira" in the Codex team... and have someone ask her "TITS OR GTFO!".:troll:

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
That's not the point. The point is that I would recognize Skyway and shake my head in disbelief at any faggot that would want to put one of the biggest shitposters on the Codex in something that we have high hopes for. If you really, really have to have your seekrit klub in PE, at least put people like VD, SP, Rosh and the likes in and make them hardcore as fuck.

also crustybots idea sounded kind of cool

Stinger

Arcane
I'd rather our group didn't consist of actual Codexers. It'd be way more fun if it was 6 Codexian archetypes or symbols or something, imho. Like I dunno, Papa Mole the gunslinger, etc. (I'm bad at this, but someone could probably come up with something actually good.)

My suggestion on one of the many other Eternity threads was to make it the Codex staff (because personally it's you guys who deserve it) and VD (former staff are still staff :obviously:) albeit handled in a way that's fairly subtle and fits with the setting.

Syl suggested this:

So, Warriors of Diversity it is.

A group of 6 individuals lead by the infamous DarkUnderlord.

Jaesun - Class : Gay. Well, he's a thief. How else would he be able to attack you from behind ?

Taluntain - Some sort of engineer. He has plenty of weapons, mostly one shot, which jam more often than not.

Prosper - An entropic mage. He mumbles incoherent words and unleash random waves of magic. He definitly has a fragmented soul.

Cleve - A 7-foot tall fighter. He fights with his bare hands and can kill you with one blow, if he chooses so.

Crooked Bee - A druidess. She can shapeshift into a giant bee and all kinds of furry.

DarkUnderlord - During the whole battle, he sits on his throne, looking bored. When you attack him, he takes the blows without even blinking.

Should you be defeated, he stands up and approach to give you the final blow. Last words you hear : "I send you to 'The Watch'!".

And I'd sub in Cleve with VD (and Prosper with VoD?) and the following was my suggestion about handling VD:

At the start of the encounter the player character can attempt to reason with the Codex using speech/other diplomatic dialogue options but every attempt at reasoning will be torn apart by VD in a point by point fashion until the only dialogue option left is just mindless raging.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
PE's world will have Aasimar and Tiefling equivalents.

Saint Proverbius and Dark Underlord. M:

jewboy

Arbiter
Yeah. Who cares who Kenneth Lee wants to thank. He could thank his mother. That doesn't mean that PS:T was based on her.

I think the codex clan should be cheesily overpowered, but that they should spend so much time attacking each other that only about half the party actually bothers with the enemy. Or maybe less than half.

Gozma

Arcane
Codex themes that would let you do something that could fit in the game and not be a complete injoke circlejerk a la Gromnir in ToB:

"Everything has gone to hell"
Fractious lunatics
Elitism
Delusional Elitism
Obscure critical canon
The underground man fighting over a chicken leg with Ignatius Reilly

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Codex themes that would let you do something that could fit in the game and not be a complete injoke circlejerk a la Gromnir in ToB:

"Everything has gone to hell"
Fractious lunatics
Elitism
Delusional Elitism
Obscure critical canon
The underground man fighting over a chicken leg with Ignatius Reilly

There is a thread here for your input:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ternity-codex-squad.76237/page-2#post-2276134

But we need to actually FUND this first....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom