Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Project "Monkey"

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
There is a strong possibility that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters for a million years will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer to see whether it's true or not, but here is what a few hundred monkeys can do in 4 years:

Design Discussions: General

Design Discussions: Choice

Design Discussions: Role-Playing

Design Discussions: Systems

Just what the FUCK is an RPG?!!!

Recommended Reading

Comedy Gold Club:

Fan Attack:

The Dumbfuckening:

If you think that I missed a thread that should be somewhere on that list, post the link(s), and I'll update the list.

Hazelnut

Erudite
Excellent work Vault Dweller. It's going to take a while to work my way down them all, but it's gonna be a lot quicker than finding them amongst all the other stuff. Thanks for putting the effort into doing it. It may be worthwhile adding something more descriptive to the thread title, maybe in parentheses, so that it's more obvious what the thread's for. (although I love the 'project monkey' thing :D)

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Had a squiz at some of them. It may have been just my random selection, but quite a few degenerate into incredibly long-winded arguments (by the usual culprits) that ultimately lose their way.

At first I doubted I had any intelligent contribution to any of those threads; but then I spotted what must be the most intelligent thing I have ever uttered:

Another positive thing I can say about DL is that it is better than Fable:TLC. I'm not certain what that says. It's like comparing the smells of two really bad farts. Both smell like shit but maybe one of them you can weather for longer.

Oh, what wisdom.

Oh, and btw, RolePlayer should do more round-table thingies. And Section8 too. But not Roqua, cos he's a twit.

['Cept he did do a bloody good AoD interview thread.
Oh, okay, he's not a twit then.
He can stay as long as he continues to regale us with tales of his mythical beef sword.]

Imbecile

Arbiter
Great idea, theres a number of decent threads there that'll keep me distracted at work.

Also, this is practically unlikely to not guarantee the probability of no repeat threads!

Doppelganger

Novice
Crikey, there's some good stuff in those threads. More hours of my life lost to the Codex after foolishly dropping by for a quick gander and then getting hooked ... A reminder, if any is needed, that there's noting quite like the Codex on the interweb.

Have you ever thought of bringing it all together somehow in a Codex publication? Something between the Year in Review and a Codex Almanac, maybe?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom