Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Project Silkworm (from a indie)

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't understand your business strategy man.

zwanzig_zwoelf

You know, the map looks like it requires additional work.

Bricks look repetitive and too similar, like the same object was cloned over and over.
There are no signs of any bumps on the terrain, it looks flat.
Overall, the map looks pretty amateurish and worse than anything you showed earlier.

Apexeon

Arcane
You know, the map looks like it requires additional work.

Bricks look repetitive and too similar, like the same object was cloned over and over.
There are no signs of any bumps on the terrain, it looks flat.
Overall, the map looks pretty amateurish and worse than anything you showed earlier.

Working 2 paid jobs now so not really working at the pace I was before (Aloran was to take the job 2 spot).
The maps I did for my kickstarter was to show "the final art level" of the game. I can't keep making
high quality parts as they basically eat time (all my spare time).

A lot of these new huge maps are to be released for free. They will allow independent developers to prototype with this type
of art style. If they need 1 of the free maps all shining to open wallets they can get in contact with me. Hell with this
so called "crap" art they might make money because plenty of games have **** art and sell (wasteland 2).

Kaucukovnik

Cipher
I can see this working. Obviously someone is already interested in the artwork and/or knowledge, and you might even end up finding someone with more or less common goals.

Apexeon

Arcane
I can see this working. Obviously someone is already interested in the artwork and/or knowledge, and you might even end up finding someone with more or less common goals.

That's the plan. I don't really need the money but I do need "motivation".

Blender seems to be popular so I need to learn how to use it so I can feed out maps to people who want them.

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
there's nothing wrong with blender. but why wasting time learning another dcc package when there's fbx, or obj in case of static meshes?

Apexeon

Arcane
Work in progress on map 01.

Door-1C.jpg

Hegel

Arcane
Why don't you license your stuff to somebody possessing a complementary skillset on the basis of a revenue split?

Apexeon

Arcane
Why don't you license your stuff to somebody possessing a complementary skillset on the basis of a revenue split?

The problem is most programmers I have met want to make Diablo clones or phone games.
I am serious.

That makes me sick.

Apexeon

Arcane
Was running with no contract last year for my work that keeps me off the streets.
Casual work is bad for stability.

Good news is I have a contract which means I can get some stability in the income department.

Apexeon

Arcane
Which kind of game do you want to make?

If I was to make art fulltime "Plancescape Torment" (not the new rip off one which is a ****** 70's disco LSD trip).

I would only be a wage slave for that or a Fallout style game done in the art style of Planescape Torment.
Which means Isometric, infinity engine style Fallout.

Fallout married with PST.
A man can dream.

Apexeon

Arcane
Which kind of game do you want to make?

I plane to release UV mapped art soon in that PST style. I have been learning Unity so I can drop some
art into that. So people can use the old 2D style or drop it into Unity for the 3D style.

The writer and coder would have a huge impact on what the "art" would mean.
Prefect example is PST vs Diablo.
One is Shit and one is Art in motion.
Know why and you know incline.

Hegel

Arcane
so you would do the animation, art and modeling part. You need to find a unity coder/a writer/somebody good with game design.

Apexeon Is that character from the last screenshot your own work? It looks really nice, are there more shots of it from different angles?

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Looks like Dark Souls character to me :>

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom