Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Project Temple+ * RELEASED *

mikeprichard

Novice
Perhaps re: 2) in my post, to allow for the Belsornig and similar quests to proceed, a corpse after looting would simply no longer appear as an interactable object when using TAB (see my item 1), but could still be used as a "container" as necessary.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
No, T+ doesn't replicate all the Co8 fixes.

I'm a bit lost, does that mean we should (could ?) install Co8 and Temple+ afterward ?
Are they compatible ? Do they add different "upgrades" ?

It would be nice to have a clear answer in a sentence, i've checked modDB and so far, i can't tell.

Black

Arcane
Co8 and T+ are compatible. Co8 is more about adding content, T+ is mostly about fixes, quality of life and tweaks.

Black

Arcane
For now you can make a hill giant or troll characters. You have to enable them in House Rules in T+ Config.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I'm playing with Co8 + Temple + right now.
I tried with just Temple + before and i think i remember starting "equivalent level" of special races were displayed at character creation, now, it's nowhere to be found in-game.

Also, i'm playing a Troll fighter and he doesn't seem to get any xp/level, found a table somewhere (xp gained / lchar level) and apparently, he'd be level 12 from the beginning ? Or am i making a mistake ? (at the very least he's 9+ )
This is annoying as he's nice at first but he's soon very short on HP.

Then, i just found a hill giant NPC, he gets to level 3 at 5k + xp ...

Is it me or is there a big problem here ?
I tried a hill giant (the game was buggy so i had to re-install it) and he was far more lethat than the troll with power attack and cleave as free feats (you just add the two opportunity attacks feats, then you put him in the middle of a ennemy crowd and you watch things die ... )

If i'm right about the troll and it's not a bug, the hill giant is 10 times better, except for his size preventing him from going through some doors ...
Also, i'm not sure the game was buggy because of a faulty installation or the hill giant as it was crashing very often when he was cleaving / having attacks of opportunity.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Hi, I'm on vacation until the end of the month so I I'll have to check out the crash issue later. As always, sending the log file and crash dump can be critical to fixing the bug.
The troll as you noted yourself has a big Effective Level (EL) adjustment, as specified by the official rules. If you don't like it, you can mod it. Same for hill giant PCs. The EL should be displayed when you hover the cursor over their text description during chargen. Also note that monster HD count towards the EL.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Hi, I'm on vacation until the end of the month so I I'll have to check out the crash issue later. As always, sending the log file and crash dump can be critical to fixing the bug.
The troll as you noted yourself has a big Effective Level (EL) adjustment, as specified by the official rules. If you don't like it, you can mod it. Same for hill giant PCs. The EL should be displayed when you hover the cursor over their text description during chargen. Also note that monster HD count towards the EL.

About the crash, might have been because of my installation, the hill giant NPC doesn't have the same effect, it's said somewhere not to alt tab from the install program, which i did the first time i installed Co8 on top of temple +.
Second time, i didn't alt-tab, installed Co8 first then T+ and didn't recruit a PC hill giant, just to be on the safe side ^^

Might try again the moat house with a fresh hill giant to check if my previous installation was at fault.

Still, apparently, the Troll has an EL or 12 or something and the hill giant NPC seems to have an EL of 2 or 3 ...
What could possibly justify that difference ? Besides, the hill giant starting with power attack / cleave makes him a beast, specially if he has some dex and you pick the 2 opportunist feats, he just kills everything.

Also, the NPC Hill giant starts with 3 attacks for some reason while the troll has one ...
There's something very wrong.

Also, what about the HD, i'm not sure i get the concept each time it's used, like in some spells description, where the effect scales the caster's level limited by their HD ... Aren't they the same ? Like 1 DX Health Dice per level X being different depending on classes / races ? Or does some races have multiple HD per level up ?

Well, have nice vacations, i'm not expecting you to reply right away, i was just giving some feedback.

Sitra Achara

Arcane

About the crash, might have been because of my installation, the hill giant NPC doesn't have the same effect, it's said somewhere not to alt tab from the install program, which i did the first time i installed Co8 on top of temple +.
Second time, i didn't alt-tab, installed Co8 first then T+ and didn't recruit a PC hill giant, just to be on the safe side ^^

Might try again the moat house with a fresh hill giant to check if my previous installation was at fault.

Still, apparently, the Troll has an EL or 12 or something and the hill giant NPC seems to have an EL of 2 or 3 ...
What could possibly justify that difference ? Besides, the hill giant starting with power attack / cleave makes him a beast, specially if he has some dex and you pick the 2 opportunist feats, he just kills everything.

Also, the NPC Hill giant starts with 3 attacks for some reason while the troll has one ...
There's something very wrong.

Also, what about the HD, i'm not sure i get the concept each time it's used, like in some spells description, where the effect scales the caster's level limited by their HD ... Aren't they the same ? Like 1 DX Health Dice per level X being different depending on classes / races ? Or does some races have multiple HD per level up ?

Well, have nice vacations, i'm not expecting you to reply right away, i was just giving some feedback.
Troll has 3 attacks (when using its natural attack), including the Rend effect which is quite deadly.

By Giant NPC, do you mean Scorpp?
It's possible NPCs don't have the same progression mechanics, but that's really just an exploit.

Btw the recommendation to reinstall is usually a catch all solution when folks have no idea what went wrong... I wouldn't put too much faith in it.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Troll has 3 attacks (when using its natural attack), including the Rend effect which is quite deadly.

By Giant NPC, do you mean Scorpp?
It's possible NPCs don't have the same progression mechanics, but that's really just an exploit.

Btw the recommendation to reinstall is usually a catch all solution when folks have no idea what went wrong... I wouldn't put too much faith in it.

What do you mean by natural attack ? Unarmed ? Only with clubs ?
From the beginning, i only had 1 attack with the Troll PC and i didn't witness any "Rend" activity either.

Yes, Scorp, i went to the battle with hendrack with him, unprepared (i thought he would give me another quest) and managed to beat the crap out of him (thx to the divine intervention), without him as an extra tank, would probably have gone wrong.

I'm thinking about taking back my save before the battle, then level up the bunch a little and to try to kill the "gog" avoiding anyone to die, not sure it's possible but it was one of the most epic battle so far.

About reinstalling, it worked for me, well, at least i don't have any bug with scorp while it was crashing with a hill giant PC (which i didn't try again after reinstalling)

Risewild

Arbiter
What do you mean by natural attack ? Unarmed ? Only with clubs ?
From the beginning, i only had 1 attack with the Troll PC and i didn't witness any "Rend" activity either.
Natural attacks in D&D 3.5 means any attack made by natural weapons. Which are weapons natural to a creature (claws, fists, bite, horns, wings, tail, etc). So for you to use the natural attacks of any creature, you can't use any fabricated weapons.

For the troll, this means that you don't equip any weapons, and you will have the two claw attacks plus the bite attack. If both claw attacks hit, it will create a "Rend" effect, which deals extra damage (which in the PnP game is two claw attack of extra damage + 1.5x Strength value).

I just tested a troll character on Project Temple+ and it does have the three attacks and makes the Rend effect when it hits with both claw attacks.

Although, I didn't have the "Rend" feat in my feat list. It could be handy to somehow make a Rend feat so the player can see what it does when playing with a Troll, but since trolls and hill giants are just a nice bonus, I don't know if it would be worth the trouble.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Oh, didn't try unarmed ...
I was mostly relieved to have him using Frostbrand, for the fire resistance and extra ice damage, first time i see this kind of "intelligent" weapon, by the way, inflicting one type of damage with protection from the opposite element.

Now i understand why the troll has such a high EL, a shame though, i was mostly happy to have him for his reach combined with opportunity attacks, very good for crowd control.

Maybe i'll restart from scratch when i'll get back to it and test the hill giant again just to check if it crashes again in the barrow mounds.

Wolfe

Arbiter
Hey, thanks for the mod, I'm just about to start my first playthrough of ToEE with CO8 and Temple+ installed. Is it possible to change the font size at all? My resolution is 2560x1440 and the font is so tiny I have to squint.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Hey, thanks for the mod, I'm just about to start my first playthrough of ToEE with CO8 and Temple+ installed. Is it possible to change the font size at all? My resolution is 2560x1440 and the font is so tiny I have to squint.
You can re-map the fonts, see instructions in the FAQ thread.
However, if you increase them too much, they'll start to spill over the GUI. You might want to use a lower resolution instead (1280x720 is probably best in your case).

Sitra Achara

Arcane
New release is out, featuring two new classes: Scout and Warmage. Credit once again to doug1234, who also contributed most of the new feats from the last round of releases!

On that note, my spare time has been slashed, so new updates will mainly depend on others' efforts. I'll still be around for maintenance and support, but I probably won't be able to work on major new features anytime soon.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Finished the moat house. The game is fantastic. Great job with the mod.

Don H

Literate
Well obviously any comments I make are late to the party...but I'll say awesome that somebody picked this up and kept it alive. It is one of the most memorable video games I ever played.

Of course, my coming here is the same as anybody else...looking for help. Funny enough, I found the original Atari box I had with my original version of the game...including the CD. Now to the fun part. I have a new Win 10 machine...I put the Autorun executable into a Windows XP compatability mode...and it won't install...I get insert the first CD (I think I correctly only have 1...) and of course it is stuck there. Suggestions? Is there a new installable version I can purchase, to go along with your updated config file? It appears an installation is needed to do this...its not a stand alone...which is understandable.

Suggestions?
Don

Hello Temple+ Team!

Thank you so much for your mod. Previously I was trying Co8 Modpack, but I didn't like it. Your mod is much better. I'm using the german version and wants to retain my german texts, so Temple+ is barely compatible with the translation. But only some texts were changed. Can you please tell me which text files were changed by Temple+? That would me help to translate them back.

There is only one thing I absolutely dislike about the mod. You changed the party number from the original 5 to 8. I noticed you must not use all 8 characters, but I think this "feature" totally destroys the original experience. Can you please make it as an option in the Temple+ configuration? I want the game to have 5 characters by default - as it was always meant to be played.

Thank you. Looking forward to the next great update.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom