Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Project Temple+ * RELEASED *

Discussion in 'ToEE Modding' started by Sitra Achara, May 2, 2015.

1. Salk Novice Patron

Salk
    Hello, Sitra Achara!

I hope everything is fine there for you. It's been quite some time since your last post.

I just take the opportunity to wish you and your team a merry Xmas.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    Hi Salk! Thanks for the wishes.

I'm still around, but as I've said before I have a lot less spare time nowadays. I should really push that 1.0.76 out though, it's been in limbo way too long :oops:

Pug has been working hard on something big for a while now, I hope he'll be able to announce it soonish. So at least there's that :)

Cheers and merry Christmas!

• Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas! x 7
    ^ Top  
  3. Pugmeister Educated Patron

Pugmeister
    Thanks!!!

@Sitra: The pressure :[

• Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas! x 1
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Barbarian Arcane

Barbarian
    Hey there Sitra, thanks again for the great mod. Is there any way to make a party configuration of 1 PC + 7 NPCs? Co8 seems to only allow 3+5 configuration and I haven't found any such option in your mod.

^ Top  
  5. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Hi barbarian,
    Unfortunately no, there's an associated crash issue when you have more than 5 npcs. I haven't gotten around to fixing that...

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Endarire Learned

Endarire
    • cool story bro cool story bro x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. TheBurpingGirl Literate

TheBurpingGirl
    Hey, when is the new update coming? Can you please make the 8 party members feature as an option in the Temple+ configuration? I like to play the game as it was designed for. I know that I must not need to add all 8 characters, but I don't even want to have 8 slots in the character creation menu. You said there is a crash issue with too many NPCs. That's great. Then make 1 PC + 4 NPCs and everything is fine :)

Can you also add an option to scale the font for higher resolutions? This would be more user friendly than modifying the game files and place them in an override folder.

And is it possible to translate all the Co8 Standard & Temple+ content to german? I have a full german translation for the Patch 2 (GOG version) but the both mods changed too much in the language files that the translation must be updated. Maybe you find someone who can translate the altering lines. In the GOG german forum is a link for the german translation of the GOG version. But everything from the Co8 and Temple+ (both mods together in use) must be translated.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    ^ Top  
  8. Endarire Learned

Endarire
    ^ Top  
  9. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Sorry, no ETA on the update. Busy with renovations for the next few months.

^ Top  
  10. TheBurpingGirl Literate

TheBurpingGirl
    Hmm, I want to make a german translation now of Co8 Standard & Temple+.
    Does the 1.0.76 update contain any changes to the language files? Then I have to wait when you release it.

^ Top  
  11. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    It has new classes and feats so yes.
    You could start with Co8 since that's not going to change.

• Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. L@Zar0 Barely Literate

L@Zar0
    Hi.

I'm trying also to make the language translation of Temple+ (v1.0.7.5) into Spanish. As far I've seen only Temple+ and Co8 make run ToEE in Win10 effectively. But right now I prefer something more easy to play with vanilla ToEE like Temple+.

So, trying to make the translation, my intention is to use "ToEE\override" folder to put in there the new translated files (for vanilla).
    But, I have a question.
    If I use, for example, the new translated combat.mes (the vanilla one of ToEE), and I put it in "ToEE\override" folder, there are some related Temple+ things in combat.mes which do not appear translated, ALTHOUGH I have translated the new lines in the combat.mes file inside "TemplePlus folder\app-1.0.75\tpdata\tpmes" folder. This happens for example with "Disable AoO". Putting Temple+ combat.mes file inside "TemplePlus folder\app-1.0.75\tpdata\overrides" folder has not any effect either.

Which is the better solution to do this? Put all the lines in the same combat.mes inside the ToEE\override folder? Is there any other method? I would prefer to leave the vanilla files translated with the proper lines of the vanilla game, and translate apart the Temple+ files.

Thanks in advance.

^ Top  
  13. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Are you putting it directly in overrides, or overrides/tpmes?

^ Top  
  14. L@Zar0 Barely Literate

L@Zar0
    This is what I've tested so far:

* For vanilla combat.mes (it works):
    Toee folder\overrides\mes
    - I can't put here the combat.mes because there are a lot of files of the vanilla combat.mes that are not in combat.mes of Temple+ (which has the new lines).
    The only solution I've found right now is to add to the vanilla combat.mes the Temple+ combat.mes lines, but I don't want to make this work in this manner.

* For Temple+ combat.mes (they don't work):
    Toee folder\overrides\tpmes
    TemplePlus\app-1.0.75\tpdata\tpmes
    TemplePlus\app-1.0.75\tpdata\overrides
    TemplePlus\app-1.0.75\tpdata\overrides\tpmes

Where is the correct place?

Also, is possible to translate the "Loading..." text when loading Temple+ like it is done in the vanilla game in loadscreen.mes?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020 at 10:47 AM
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)