Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Project Temple+ * RELEASED *

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Hello, Sitra Achara!

I hope everything is fine there for you. It's been quite some time since your last post.

I just take the opportunity to wish you and your team a merry Xmas.
Hi Salk! Thanks for the wishes.

I'm still around, but as I've said before I have a lot less spare time nowadays. I should really push that 1.0.76 out though, it's been in limbo way too long :oops:

Pug has been working hard on something big for a while now, I hope he'll be able to announce it soonish. So at least there's that :)

Cheers and merry Christmas!

Barbarian

Arcane
Hey there Sitra, thanks again for the great mod. Is there any way to make a party configuration of 1 PC + 7 NPCs? Co8 seems to only allow 3+5 configuration and I haven't found any such option in your mod.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Hey there Sitra, thanks again for the great mod. Is there any way to make a party configuration of 1 PC + 7 NPCs? Co8 seems to only allow 3+5 configuration and I haven't found any such option in your mod.
Hi barbarian,
Unfortunately no, there's an associated crash issue when you have more than 5 npcs. I haven't gotten around to fixing that...

Hey, when is the new update coming? Can you please make the 8 party members feature as an option in the Temple+ configuration? I like to play the game as it was designed for. I know that I must not need to add all 8 characters, but I don't even want to have 8 slots in the character creation menu. You said there is a crash issue with too many NPCs. That's great. Then make 1 PC + 4 NPCs and everything is fine :)

Can you also add an option to scale the font for higher resolutions? This would be more user friendly than modifying the game files and place them in an override folder.

And is it possible to translate all the Co8 Standard & Temple+ content to german? I have a full german translation for the Patch 2 (GOG version) but the both mods changed too much in the language files that the translation must be updated. Maybe you find someone who can translate the altering lines. In the GOG german forum is a link for the german translation of the GOG version. But everything from the Co8 and Temple+ (both mods together in use) must be translated.

Last edited:
Hmm, I want to make a german translation now of Co8 Standard & Temple+.
Does the 1.0.76 update contain any changes to the language files? Then I have to wait when you release it.

L@Zar0

Literate
Hi.

I'm trying also to make the language translation of Temple+ (v1.0.7.5) into Spanish. As far I've seen only Temple+ and Co8 make run ToEE in Win10 effectively. But right now I prefer something more easy to play with vanilla ToEE like Temple+.

So, trying to make the translation, my intention is to use "ToEE\override" folder to put in there the new translated files (for vanilla).
But, I have a question.
If I use, for example, the new translated combat.mes (the vanilla one of ToEE), and I put it in "ToEE\override" folder, there are some related Temple+ things in combat.mes which do not appear translated, ALTHOUGH I have translated the new lines in the combat.mes file inside "TemplePlus folder\app-1.0.75\tpdata\tpmes" folder. This happens for example with "Disable AoO". Putting Temple+ combat.mes file inside "TemplePlus folder\app-1.0.75\tpdata\overrides" folder has not any effect either.

Which is the better solution to do this? Put all the lines in the same combat.mes inside the ToEE\override folder? Is there any other method? I would prefer to leave the vanilla files translated with the proper lines of the vanilla game, and translate apart the Temple+ files.

Thanks in advance.

L@Zar0

Literate
Are you putting it directly in overrides, or overrides/tpmes?

This is what I've tested so far:

* For vanilla combat.mes (it works):
Toee folder\overrides\mes
- I can't put here the combat.mes because there are a lot of files of the vanilla combat.mes that are not in combat.mes of Temple+ (which has the new lines).
The only solution I've found right now is to add to the vanilla combat.mes the Temple+ combat.mes lines, but I don't want to make this work in this manner.

* For Temple+ combat.mes (they don't work):
Toee folder\overrides\tpmes
TemplePlus\app-1.0.75\tpdata\tpmes
TemplePlus\app-1.0.75\tpdata\overrides
TemplePlus\app-1.0.75\tpdata\overrides\tpmes

Where is the correct place?

Also, is possible to translate the "Loading..." text when loading Temple+ like it is done in the vanilla game in loadscreen.mes?

Last edited:

JBeil

Novice
Does this mod fold the Co8 content in as well, or does that have to be installed on top of this?

L@Zar0

Literate
I'm testing the new 1.0.77 version of Temple+ with the spanish translation. I've seen that it is using utf-16 for special characters (no "áéíóú¿¡..." they are the typical "AE" or something odd chars typical for a bad codeset decoding), right? I have never had problems previously with this, but the texts appears codified with utf-16 in this release. It is obvious that the original spanish release will not work with this new version (I assume).

TTnUAQW.jpg

Wy2mKdU.jpg

QSvYrFj.jpg

PD: Ok, I have done some changes and it seems to work. I think that putting language.mes with:

{1}{es}

in the file makes the change.
Apart of this, I was using previously stat_ext.mes in temple plus vanilla "override" folder, which was working, but now it hangs when running Temple+. Erasing this file, work well again.

Last edited:

Pugmeister

Educated
Patron
Ah yes, language.mes is important, it actually causes some font rendering changes. Additionally, we use your computer's default file encoding to load .mes/.dlg files since ToEE did the same (sadly).

L@Zar0

Literate
Yes, it seems so. I have solved also the stat_ext.mes issue. I was using the previous one (from TP 1.0.7.5) and there were remaining lines from the new version not added. It was causing the problem. After using the last stat_ext.mes version (from 1.0.7.7) I have not any more problems.

Is there another place where I could put the TP (mes) files apart of \override from ToEE? Could it be possible to solve some (or part) of the cosmetic issues that I posted here? (I was hoping that some of them were solved, but I have them anyway):

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...-found-when-testing-translation-to-es.132052/

Would be any support for localized versions of TP? I say so because if I must change again the files in every new release, it will be a pain in the ass redo all the work... :(

Haematom

Barely Literate
I would like to help with translation into German. But I don't have any idea how to get into it. Maybe someone will help? I translate and a second one implement the translation? :)

L@Zar0

Literate
I have the translation for the .mes files into Spanish:

- mes\description_ext.mes
- mes\spell_ext.mes
- mes\stat_ext.mes
- mes\description\subraces.mes
- tpmes\bonus.mes
- tpmes\combat.mes
- tpmes\damage.mes
- tpmes\feat.mes
- tpmes\help_extensions.tab
- tpmes\item_creation.mes

but I'm not sure where to put them. The "mes\<file>" ones work well in "<Install dir ToEE folder>\overrides" or even "<Install dir ToEE folder>\data". The "tpmes\<file>" ones from tpgamefiles.dat, I'm not sure where to put it, because if I have the originals translated into Spanish also, I can not put again the ones of Temple+ in "<Install dir ToEE folder>\overrides\mes\" folder. And I can not make it work by now in any other place.

If you want this files I can send them to you.

Apart of this, there are some remaining english lines that can not be translated as explained previously. So, I'm a bit reluctant to open the translation to the public.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom