Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Project Temple+ * RELEASED *

Black

Arcane
Don't forget to murder every recruitable Hommlet npc for exp and gear (ring of invisibility)!

Jinn

Arcane
Alright, release date is set to this Friday (April Fools). I shit you not :)

Currently we're doing a pass on the Installation & Update utilities, and a few last minute bugfixes.

Also, I couldn't resist :P

I'm very excited to try this out, Sitra! Thanks for putting the time and effort into this.

Aenra

Sitra Achara two questions, just in case anything's changed:
- is it still compatible with Co8? And if so, (only) the standard?
- have higher spell levels/slots been added to compliment the new level cap? I remember last i enquired you had some issues with those; at least for.. wizards was it?

Infinitron Give the man his fifteen minutes of fame? He fucking earned them :)

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Sitra Achara two questions, just in case anything's changed:
- is it still compatible with Co8? And if so, (only) the standard?
- have higher spell levels/slots been added to compliment the new level cap? I remember last i enquired you had some issues with those; at least for.. wizards was it?

Infinitron Give the man his fifteen minutes of fame? He fucking earned them :)
Yes, it's compatible with Co8. It even auto-detects it and applies some changes to UI based on that.
And it just now occurred to me that I overwrote the file that marks the NC flag, so it's effectively always NC. Oops :P (the vanilla section of the game plays the same anyway between NC and Standard, the only difference is when you kill Zuggtmoy and end the game, or not in the case of NC).

I've tested casting some spells at level 35 and it seemed fine now. I haven't checked every spell though, but should any issues come up there's always the auto-updater :)

P.S. note about Co8:
If you install Temple+ before installing Co8, you may need to run the Temple+ Configuration utility and reselect the folder.

P.P.S. shit, there's indeed an issue with the *slots*. I didn't notice this since I jumped straight to level 35 and it had a reasonable amount of slots, bah.
But don't worry, I'll fix it by the time you legitimately get to that level :P fortunately I've already replaced the "SpellbookShow" function which handles this.
P.P.P.S. fixed now (internally, will distribute bugfix update soon)

Last edited:

Hegel

Arcane
Lvl 35? You've removed the level cap? Magnificent.

EDIT: just read the first post. Now we need more content to accomodate the new cap. :hero:

Arthandas

Prophet
Additional feats and higher level cap? Won't it affect the balance?
How about a strict bugfix version?

Sitra Achara

Arcane
If you don't want a higher level cap, just set the Max Level config to 10 and play as usual. It's true that there's also new feats for lower levels, but hey, I didn't pull them out of my ass, they're from the SRD...

Pugmeister

Educated
Patron
Additional feats and higher level cap? Won't it affect the balance?
How about a strict bugfix version?

I filed bug #202 for this and fixed it for 1.0.1. The configuration utility will now use MaxLevel=10 as the default, instead of 20. Players can still configure however they want. But you're right, the "default" should be vanilla behaviour.

Black

Arcane
Seems like Sitra is discovering new micro issues by the second :M

Aothan

Magister
I've told this before but to repeat: actually bought a computer for Temple of Elemental Evil back in the day, and even when buying the game about a week or so after release was warned by the workers it might not be an enjoyable rpg (many were returning the game apparently, not enough action ?)

and now, with the release available again I need to restore sound to my computer, I don't typically listen to music, don't (always) need or like sound in games, and read subtitles for anime..ToEE is the exception, so once more over a decade later my habits are being decided by this game

truthfully this is just about 'larping' to Hommlet's peaceful setting and ambience -_-

Black

Arcane
The biggest and best improvement Co8 adds to ToEE are the signposts in Hommlet, letting you teleport to key places. Makes it so much more manageable.

Black

Arcane
Well shiieeet, in that case could you add it to T+, so that even without Co8 you get a non-infuriating Hommlet experience?

MuscleSpark

Augur
Patron
Question: Will this have any effect towards implementing some kind of LAN/Online multiplayer? I know it already has hotseat but nobody is allowed in my man cave.

Gord

Arcane
Sorry if that has been answered elsewhere already:
I'm in the middle of a ToEE+Co8(SE) playthrough. Can I install Temple+ and keep playing or will I have to start a new game?

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Sorry if that has been answered elsewhere already:
I'm in the middle of a ToEE+Co8(SE) playthrough. Can I install Temple+ and keep playing or will I have to start a new game?
Yes, you can load old saves from plain-Co8 and continue playing with Temple+.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
so, can we convert to pathfinder yet?
Heh, not yet. Still have some other things to take care of. But I can try to do a limited 'house rules' kind of thing for your top 5-10 most wanted features from Pathfinder.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom