Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Project Temple+ * RELEASED *

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Release 1.0.30 is in progress, featuring the Arcane Archer and Favored Soul among other things. Wall of Fire didn't make it in but it's been a long time since last release and quite a few things have accumulated so I decided to hit the button. Plus GF is abroad so I have more time to respond to any issues that may crop up :P

Edit: shit, I can't believe I forgot to remove the ImGui demo panel... I'll do a hotfix soon enough, for now just drag it to the bottom of the screen :P

Last edited:

Ignatius Reilly

Scholar
I don't know why XP overflow isn't set on by default. That's how ToEE was originally played, and I see no reason to turn that off. You hit level 10, and start piling up XP to craft items. Was a pain to find out only after several battles that I wasn't getting the XP I need.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I don't know why XP overflow isn't set on by default. That's how ToEE was originally played, and I see no reason to turn that off. You hit level 10, and start piling up XP to craft items. Was a pain to find out only after several battles that I wasn't getting the XP I need.
Hmm? Are you talking about vanilla ToEE? IIRC it would also cap at just below level 11.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Long time ToEE lover. I have uninstalled/reinstalled this game so many times I have lost count. I stumbled upon the Templeplus project and decided to check it out.

You guys rock. Thanks for breathing life back into one of my favorite games.

Are there any links to tutorials or guides on how to create new feats/abilities/classes? I am pretty good at reverse engineering software, but I need pointed in the right direction.

Since you released the mystic theurge and arcane trickster, we really need the practiced spellcaster feat. That shouldn't be impossible to code. I'd like to try unless you're already working on it. There are TONS of other feats/spells/abilities/classes to add. I would like to dabble a little.

Hey, Practiced Spellcaster will be in for 1.0.35. Sorry if I stole your thunder ;)
I've made a small tweak for ease of implementation - I've split it to "Practiced Spellcaster - Arcane" and "Practiced Spellcaster - Divine", and each will apply to every spell of the respective type.
(on that note, should it be cumulative with Prayer Beads of Karma?)

Ignatius Reilly

Scholar
Hmm? Are you talking about vanilla ToEE? IIRC it would also cap at just below level 11.

Well, what happened is that I hit level 10, and didn't get XP beyond that. So I was stuck at 45k XP and couldn't stock pile for crafting. It wasn't even going past 10.

Also want to say the fixes are glorious. Really appreciate the work. That path-finding!

And I have another question. My character got Spring Attack without T+, but when I switched over it wasn't letting me attack and move as I had before? Not that it's a big deal, still pwned Balor ez

guinness22

Novice
Guys, thanks again for this superb mod. Truly great work. I have a question (I have searched, but I am not clear), is it possible to add a feat via the console window now? Using the feat_add? If so what's the nomenclature? I am not a modder, so I am unclear on what the list of python commands on the Changelog are for...(sorry for asking, I am sure it's clear to most on here...).

I have a fighter/ranger that somehow has improved two weapon fighting twice as selected feats (I think I messed up myself, and right clicked it a second time into the feat box even though it wasn't hilighted as available during a normal level up if that makes sense). So, I am one feat short. I just want to console my character a feat if I can rather than removing him, adding a clone, and re-leveling up.

Again, great work and thank you so much. I have been really enjoying 1.0.35 in my playthough...

g22

EDIT - actually I figured it out. Sitra, you had replied to somebody on Co8 a while back with exactly how to do this...game.party[x].add_feat(feat_XXXXX_XXXX)....just got it to work.

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Oh look, a new UI! Wonder what's it do?
dm.jpg

dm2.jpg

Oh hell...

Coming soon to Temple near you!

drafting3

Literate
Long time ToEE lover. I have uninstalled/reinstalled this game so many times I have lost count. I stumbled upon the Templeplus project and decided to check it out.

Are there any links to tutorials or guides on how to create new feats/abilities/classes? I am pretty good at reverse engineering software, but I need pointed in the right direction.

Since you released the mystic theurge and arcane trickster, we really need the practiced spellcaster feat. That shouldn't be impossible to code. I'd like to try unless you're already working on it. There are TONS of other feats/spells/abilities/classes to add. I would like to dabble a little.

Hey, Practiced Spellcaster will be in for 1.0.35. Sorry if I stole your thunder ;)
I've made a small tweak for ease of implementation - I've split it to "Practiced Spellcaster - Arcane" and "Practiced Spellcaster - Divine", and each will apply to every spell of the respective type.

YOU FUCKING ROCK! I tried to dive into it a little bit, but between school and work I just haven't had time. I wanted to play with it more than I wanted to make it anyways! :)

drafting3

Literate
Hey, I just tried to download the latest update, and AVG is throwing a fit. It didn't do that before. What gives? Is AVG being overprotective, or do I have an infected link?

drafting3

Literate

Oh, and when will archmage be added? I am REALLY looking forward to that one :)

drafting3

Literate

Sorry to keep posting! with regards to stacking, the way we have always played it is practiced spellcaster gets added last. the wording states that practiced spell caster can never raise your caster level above your character level, but i guess that can be open to interpretation.

deuxhero

Arcane
How do you make new feats? Wanted to give a stab at porting a dex to damage feat (mostly as an excuse to brush up on Python). There's a tutorial for spells, but I don't know what files to edit for feats.

DnDPaladin

Novice
Oh hell yeah those images !
but honestly, without a "multiplayer" game, whats that gonna do really ?
except maybe get stuff without the command line ?

Now i so want this to be multiplayer !

Sitra Achara

Arcane

It's meant to allow you to tweak encounters on the fly with a convenient GUI. Aside from extra spawns, it'll including an option for editing creatures, giving them extra levels/spells/feats, changing their AI type and such.

zugschef

Novice
It's really one of the less ambiguous cases in the dnd rules. Practiced spellcaster is a feat and modifies your caster level up to +4 (character level, i.e. all classes added, max). Since karma beads are an item they are logically always added last, especially since they are activated and not constant. On top of that the bonus the beads give is unnamed and thus stacks with everything.

Btw, breaking practiced spellcaster up into arcane and divine is a bad idea in my opinion. It's already a feat which shouldn't even exist (in reality your caster level should always be equal to your character level and nothing should be able to change that) and at the point where that matters this specific character is already so gimped that s/he needs every bit of help. If that is meant to "balance" the mystic theurge let me tell you something: mystic theurge is a shit class. You are at least behind 3 levels of casting in both disciplines, i.e. two spell levels. Blowing two feats up to at least get your full caster level for all level-dependent benefits, is extraordinarily cruel.

deuxhero

Arcane
Practiced Spellcaster is more useful for Eldritch Knights, Arcane Tricksters and Assassins/Blackguards, as the majority of their spells get a lot from the extra duration.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
It's really one of the less ambiguous cases in the dnd rules. Practiced spellcaster is a feat and modifies your caster level up to +4 (character level, i.e. all classes added, max). Since karma beads are an item they are logically always added last, especially since they are activated and not constant. On top of that the bonus the beads give is unnamed and thus stacks with everything.
Well good, because that's how it is right now :)

Btw, breaking practiced spellcaster up into arcane and divine is a bad idea in my opinion. It's already a feat which shouldn't even exist (in reality your caster level should always be equal to your character level and nothing should be able to change that) and at the point where that matters this specific character is already so gimped that s/he needs every bit of help. If that is meant to "balance" the mystic theurge let me tell you something: mystic theurge is a shit class. You are at least behind 3 levels of casting in both disciplines, i.e. two spell levels. Blowing two feats up to at least get your full caster level for all level-dependent benefits, is extraordinarily cruel.
That's how it is in the source materials (a bit worse actually since its benefit is granted per-class). You're welcome to mod it though, shouldn't be too hard.

zugschef

Novice
That's how it is in the source materials (a bit worse actually since its benefit is granted per-class). You're welcome to mod it though, shouldn't be too hard.
You are totally correct. You have to select it for each class. I remembered that incorrectly (probably because we always used to houserule it...).

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Oh, and when will archmage be added? I am REALLY looking forward to that one :)
I decided to indefinitely postpone that one since it has a very high entry point relative to the existing game content. Also I'm shifting focus for more stuff to kill than how to kill it right now ;)

DnDPaladin

Novice

It's meant to allow you to tweak encounters on the fly with a convenient GUI. Aside from extra spawns, it'll including an option for editing creatures, giving them extra levels/spells/feats, changing their AI type and such.
that's gonna be awesome for personnal growth and challenges.
now if only making content was as easy as point and click.
we definitely need more people doing content. i mean such changes proves the game can be literally anything !

as for classes, i get you.. some classes are abusive to begin with.
Mainly pretty much all classes that allowed you to be several levels higher then you were really.
book of nine swords was abusive too.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
The fact this is compatible with Co8 is one of the most wonderful things in the world. Just came in to say that.:love:Sitra Achara

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom