Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PtD Source-Code

Severian Silk

Unless someone hook ups and sleeps with one of the devs... the source code will never be released.

The Codex does have a couple of girls... :smug:

Ladies, do it for the codex and the greater good of rpgkind :salute:

mmmm... unless they're into trannies... that would make things more difficult.

Not really. This is the Codex after all...

kaizoku

Arcane
Unless someone hook ups and sleeps with one of the devs... the source code will never be released.

The Codex does have a couple of girls... :smug:

Ladies, do it for the codex and the greater good of rpgkind :salute:

mmmm... unless they're into trannies... that would make things more difficult.

Not really. This is the Codex after all...

nice necro

yeah, I failed at that post

3 girls and 2 trannies AFAIK

Modron

Arcane
There are really only 2 scenarios, considering the dev's said they would post the source-code in a few days then never got around to it, as why they never released the source. 1 There were licensed portions of the code they could not release and 2 they simply lost it, it had been a few years since the game studio basically shuttered. 3 They were aware that they did not have the code and decided trolling the Dex would be a fitting Eulogy.

I briefly considered necroing this thread when the recent topics got reinstated.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
vazha
Do you feel that itching in your right leg? It's Martian Pox. I cursed you with it. Do you hear strange sounds on the street? It's my demons going to your home. Do you remember your best friend from school? I turned him into penguin and teleported to North Pole. To North Pole. Because I'm evil. When was the last time when you checked your fridge? It's now empty and all pizza from it belongs to Prosper. Don't worry, if you survive my demons, tonight you will be caught in never-ending circle of nightmares.
And do you know why you merited such hostility? Because you pointlessly bumped this most holy of threads.

oscar

Arcane
This game rocks. But I got some bug that meant I never finished it.

laclongquan

Arcane
Do you see this bloody piece of meat? That I've severed from your body just now. Do you see this scarf of silk? This will cover your face after I use it to strangle you for the crime upon Codexia.

Why oh why do you have to necro this :necro: ?
:mob:
:flamesaw:
:fight:
:negative:

Severian Silk

A few bugfixes and a facelift and this game would be ready for Steam (or GOG).

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
A few bugfixes

9x3Aq.jpg

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I haven't played the game, but this thread still saddens me somehow.
So no one tired to contact the guy? His facebook was posted earlier in the thread. It doesn't seem very active, though.

kaizoku

Arcane
If the source code were to be released no one would do a damn thing about it.

lazyness beats all

Severian Silk

Even if they have to strip out the sound code and the game doesn't compile they should still release the source code.

Dyspaire

Cipher
It's strangely comforting to know that somewhere out there in the world, at 2:00am EST, there's a dude out there thinking about modding Prelude to Darkness.

Best. Necro. Ever.

urmom

Learned
I deleted my post, sorry. Yes, I want info on modding this game. (Mainly out of curiosity.)

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Seeing this thread get bumped is like seeing an old friend's name in the obituaries.
I already accepted the source code will never be released.

However, I will keep a copy of the game on my disk and a backup on another 'till the end of my life. While I am certain Arcanum or other good RPGs will always be easy to find online in one way or another, PtD actually has a chance to disappear if mediafire links die or other sites that we can upload it to. Therefore I will always make sure there is one *working* link.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Breaking news, folks.

I'm in contact with CP and it seems all three of the developers would be alright with releasing the source code for us. It's very possible I'll get the source code for PtD after all, so we can start modifying it.

The problem for all this time was just... finding them and asking!

Fowyr

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom