Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pushing Up Roses Semi-Official Circlejerk

Maxie

Pushing Up Roses is the sweetest girl you've ever seen on YouTube, wasting her life with recording long-ish and informative videos mainly on adventure games, along with reviews, analyses, and retrospectives

Her channel is here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/pushinguproses

To gauge whether you'll be any interested in her views on adventure games, have a look-see at her Top 11 (consciously free of LucasArts and Sierra productions coz everyone and their mum played them):

11. Black Dahlia
10. Toonstruck
9. Eric the Unready
8. The Last Express
7. Return of the Phantom
6. Titanic: Adventure out of Time
5. Beavis & Butthead in Virtual Stupidity
4. Clock Tower
3. Discworld
2. Callahan's Crosstime Saloon
1. Sanitarium

She's a bit of a weeb and has way too many tattoos to be considered legally sane but whatever girl knows her shit

kinda cute too
2964767c3065a3a927a7d6748de92785.jpg

Mark Richard

Arcane
These are the only types of video worth a damn in the endless flood of Vlogs and Let's Plays brought forth by the ominous Youtube algorithm that has casually wiped out entire genres & formats with a sweep of its robotic claw as surely as this sentence needed a comma. Roses is very knowledgeable in the point & click adventure genre, and I always considered the word 'sassy' to be a meaningless generic term until I started watching her channel.

Last edited:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
The list is a bizarre mishmash of truly great (Callahan's, Eric, Last Express), truly awful (Harvester in the runnerups) and "so meh I don't understand what they're doing on any list" (Titanic, B&B). It's also weird because she includes Eric, which means IF is ok, but then never mentions any Infocom game. I think the most interesting thing about the list is that it's pretty eclectic, which is cool I guess.

Tom Selleck

Arcane
still would unless she also got dickoplasty and is a mtf

even then still would, i guess EVEN IF SHE DOES SEVERELY OVERRATE CLOCK TOWER (THAT SHIT AIN'T GOOD)

i'm very lonely

newtmonkey

Arcane
She's alright. Her jokes fall flat, but she covers a good range of adventures, including classics and some obscure stuff. She's also got some great content together with LGR (their playthrough of Detective Barbie game was entertaining mostly cuz of her, with LGR playing a supporting role). She's one of the best on youtube when it comes to covering classic adventure games.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The list is a bizarre mishmash of truly great (Callahan's, Eric, Last Express), truly awful (Harvester in the runnerups) and "so meh I don't understand what they're doing on any list" (Titanic, B&B). It's also weird because she includes Eric, which means IF is ok, but then never mentions any Infocom game. I think the most interesting thing about the list is that it's pretty eclectic, which is cool I guess.

Eric is a graphical IF though, with a pretty advanced interface.

Boleskine

Arcane
PUR mentions in this Q&A (mainly at the end) that the audience or demand for retro gaming content on youtube has declined in recent years, so it's onto retro television.

Should we rebrand this thread into a general "random adventure game related youtube videos" that don't fit into news or specific game threads?

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
She doesn't like you. She just wants the money you can bring her. Like any human being.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom