Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Quake Champions - multiplayer hero shooter from id Software

abija

Prophet
Quakecon or next year I guess? Not like this engine can support a decent ctf map.

Last edited:

Venser

Erudite
Skill rating will be reset tomorrow and bots will be removed from matchmaking.

https://quake.bethesda.net/en/news/TGFDfXW1YQgEEuSmsO4US?utm_source=SocialMedia&utm_medium=bitly
https://quake.bethesda.net/en/news/6dAlM8I3aoKICUA6OMKAOc

DikU12zWsAA6h3a.jpg

abija

Prophet
Just 2 more months now to let you chose ffa or instagib and after 4 months we're back to what the game was before last patch.

Gerrard

Arcane
There are a lack of quality options to lower your settings and get more FPS or visibility. Devs said they want the game to look good on streams and tournaments and as a result it looks and runs almost the same on high and low settings.
Guess what, autist? Rally drivers don't ask for fluorescent signs to be placed all along the track and before every hole in the road. If you need your game to look like it's made out of cardboard to be good, then you're a shitter.
The fact that people don't want to watch that shit is just a bonus.

Last edited:

Venser

Erudite
Guess what, autist? Rally drivers don't ask for fluorescent signs to be placed all along the track and before every hole in the road. If you need your game to look like it's made out of cardboard to be good, then you're a shitter.

Way to miss the point.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I enjoy picmip and flat textures because I just think the game looks better with them. Visibility is just an added bonus. QC maps look painfully boring.

abija

Prophet
There are a lack of quality options to lower your settings and get more FPS or visibility. Devs said they want the game to look good on streams and tournaments and as a result it looks and runs almost the same on high and low settings.
Seriously retard, you had to pick the discipline that has a dedicated job for giving the driver that kind of info?
A fast fps needs good visibility, otherwise it can't be played fast. Simple as that. Go start a rally team with qc devs.

Gerrard

Arcane
Seriously retard, you had to pick the discipline that has a dedicated job for giving the driver that kind of info?
A fast fps needs good visibility, otherwise it can't be played fast. Simple as that. Go start a rally team with qc devs.
Doesn't matter, retard. Endurance races don't have that either, and you have to drive in the fucking dark at 200+kmh. Just because the pilot reads you the track layout deson't mean you can drive without using your eyes. "Pro players" are a joke.

Gerrard

Arcane
What are you trying to prove with that shot? That you're fucking retarded and cannot read? Then you succeeded.

QC is harder than endurance racing, you heard it here first. I guess that's where the real big bucks are.

Last edited:

abija

Prophet
That they use artificial means to increase visibility. Don't get lost in your own terrible analogies.

Fast paced games need good visibility. QC is the opposite, has tons of visual noise (due to shitty art department that thinks crisp looks = turning sharpen filter to 11), camouflage skins and poorly coded visual indicators.

Venser

Erudite
So in this new patch they introduced a super generic bundle you can buy to support esports and it contains Q4 gauntlet skin, 200 platinum, 2 reliquaries and 7 days XP boost. Why not make it so it's actually related to esports in some sense? You could have nameplates with team logos and icons with pro player photos that you can display to show for whom you are rooting for this QuakeCon for example. Maybe introduce some player or team related skins?

Now that I'm thinking about it, wouldn't it be awesome if alongside prize money and trophy, QuakeCon winners would also win an exclusive weapon skin only they would be able to use? How cool would it be if Clawz got an unique LG skin for winning last QuakeCon and whenever he played at some online cup everyone would see this is a QuakeCon champion and casters could comment on it and it just shows a bit of esports history in a cool way.

Last edited:

Cadmus

Arcane
So in this new patch they introduced a super generic bundle you can buy to support esports and it contains Q4 gauntlet skin, 200 platinum, 2 reliquaries and 7 days XP boost. Why not make it so it's actually related to esports in some sense? You could have nameplates with a team logos and icons with pro player photos that you can display to show for whom you are rooting for this QuakeCon for example. Maybe introduce some player or team related skins?

Now that I'm thinking about it, wouldn't it be awesome if alongside prize money and trophy, QuakeCon winners would also win an exclusive weapon skin only they would be able to use? How cool would it be if Clawz got an unique LG skin for winning last QuakeCon and whenever he played at some online cup everyone would see this is a QuakeCon champion and casters could comment on it and it just shows a bit of esports history in a cool way.
I mean, it would be obviously good but they are obviously retarded so nobody even bothers mentioning this.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
So in this new patch they introduced a super generic bundle you can buy to support esports and it contains Q4 gauntlet skin, 200 platinum, 2 reliquaries and 7 days XP boost. Why not make it so it's actually related to esports in some sense? You could have nameplates with team logos and icons with pro player photos that you can display to show for whom you are rooting for this QuakeCon for example. Maybe introduce some player or team related skins?
This is exactly what CSGO does. Makes mad fucking money.

abija

Prophet
CTF will probably come in fall. But I gotta question adding 4 modes with the player numbers this game has...

Tiospo

Learned
They really need to nail this. combining CTF and KOTH into one mode with sacrifice was a really good idea and implemented a bit differently i think it could have worked.

Venser

Erudite
If you log in during QuakeCon you get an exclusive machine gun skin. Also 2x daily rewards till the end of August.

P0b76ej.png

QuakeCon tournament schedule

Friday, August 10
  • 20:00 CEST - QuakeCon Open 2v2 Matches Begin
Saturday, August 11
  • All day: Quake Champions QuakeCon Open 2v2 Matches
  • 23:15 CEST – Quake Champions QuakeCon Collegiate 2v2 Finals
  • 00:30 CEST – Quake Champions QuakeCon Open 2v2 Finals
Sunday, August 12
  • All Day: Quake Champions QuakeCon Open 1v1 Duel Showdown
  • 23:30 CEST – Quake Champions QuakeCon 1v1 Finals

Streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/quake
https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda

2v2 bracket: https://liquipedia.net/quake/QuakeCon/2018/Quake_Champions/Team_Deathmatch/Qualifier
More info: http://www.esreality.com/post/2921558/quakecon-2018/

Cadmus

Arcane
I like Death Knight but the radius on the balls converging is totally broken. Gonna enjoy playing it until they nerf him to shit in the next patch.

Venser

Erudite
And he has short cooldown too. Good thing they didn't allow him to be used in QuakeCon tournament.

Cadmus

Arcane
Yes, the cooldown seems strangely short. I tried playing Sorlag on a server full of Death Knigths only to realize that Sorlag's ability is the same only worse in every way and takes longer to cool down.
I really wish they'd release patches much more frequently, not every 45 days like now. That's really stupid.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom