Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Quake Champions - multiplayer hero shooter from id Software

abija

Prophet
The modifier that disables perks and abilities would also need to force a single champion. But atm abilities even work in instagib and other than CTF I doubt we will see any mode soon.

Simple items are fine, the rest of the graphics aren't. Good visibility should be a main focus in a fast paced shooter but these mangificent devs can't even code some model outlines.

abija

Prophet
If you use it a lot (as in even in sub optimal situations) 20% on net is normal? The only good tips I know for lg (other than using it in optimal situations) are:
- when opponents go into ad spam try to not adjust that much (in this category, don't try to adjust instantly to 77777 visual cues)
- try to have a slight angle over the widest section of their body (like if straight line is at opponent waist, aim for their knees)

If you move as good as you say, easiest way is to not bother aiming and just focus on movement (imagine the shaft is your enormous dick with a hardon and chase them down).

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
If you use it a lot (as in even in sub optimal situations) 20% on net is normal? The only good tips I know for lg (other than using it in optimal situations) are:
- when opponents go into ad spam try to not adjust that much
- try to have a slight angle over the widest section of their body (like if straight line is at opponent waist, aim for their knees)

If you move as good as you say, easiest way is to not bother aiming and just focus on movement (imagine the shaft is your enormous dick with a hardon and chase them down).

Yea syns his movement with your movement is a decent strategy. But really when people tell me they suck at (insert aiming with x) despite practice, its just means your sensitivity is too high, your mousepad is too small, your monitor is not 144hz and/or your fps are low. If that still fails you need to goo ol qtip rubbing alcohol your mouse sensor or get an actual good mouse (set to 800 dpi) and wash your mousepad to eliminate sectional inconsistencies due to oil buildup. If all of that fails - adderall is not hard to get. Mechanical keyboard really helps too.

Honestly there is a really HARD limit to how good you can be without proper hardware and set up. 60 fps hz to 150 fps hz is night and day in terms of how easy it is to track movement.

Also lots of inexperienced players set their fov to 130 which asking for accuracy problems. Hfov should be 100-120. I paly at 105. At 800 dpi my sensitivity is 1.6 - which is pretty much upper limit of low sensitivity setting for arm aiming. If your wrist player you can set it higher but generally people find it way harder to aim with high sens/wrist. Relearn to arm aiming because the people who can aim with wrist are genetic outliers, i,e it won't work for vast majority of people. If you do decide to learn arm aiming - set it low as fuck right away so that it forces you to use your arm.

Venser

Last edited:

funkadelik

Arcane
- when opponents go into ad spam try to not adjust that much

Yea syns his movement with your movement is a decent strategy. But really when people tell me they suck at (insert aiming with x) despite practice, its just means your sensitivity is too high, your mousepad is too small, your monitor is not 144hz and/or your fps are low. If that still fails you need to goo ol qtip rubbing alcohol your mouse sensor or get an actual good mouse (set to 800 dpi) and wash your mousepad to eliminate sectional inconsistencies due to oil buildup. If all of that fails - adderall is not hard to get. Mechanical keyboard really helps too.

Honestly there is a really HARD limit to how good you can be without proper hardware and set up. 60 fps hz to 150 fps hz is night and day in terms of how easy it is to track movement.

Also lots of inexperienced players set their fov to 130 which asking for accuracy problems. Hfov should be 100-120. I paly at 105. At 800 dpi my sensitivity is 1.6 - which is pretty much upper limit of low sensitivity setting for arm aiming. If your wrist player you can set it higher but generally people find it way harder to aim with high sens/wrist. Relearn to arm aiming because the people who can aim with wrist are genetic outliers, i,e it won't work for vast majority of people. If you do decide to learn arm aiming - set it low as fuck right away so that it forces you to use your arm.

Venser
I'm all about wrist-aiming. Everything else I agree with though.

Venser

Erudite
I have a good mouse, big pad and a mechanical keyboard but my old laptop runs the game on 60-125 FPS (never stable) depending on the map, which is super annoying. And I'm talking about Quake Live btw. Monitor is 60HZ obviously. Still I feel like I should be hitting higher percentage and I consciously tried to improve my aim many times through specific training and just constant CA play with little to no results. Think I have no talent for aiming.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
I have a good mouse, big pad and a mechanical keyboard but my old laptop runs the game on 60-125 FPS (never stable) depending on the map, which is super annoying. And I'm talking about Quake Live btw. Monitor is 60HZ obviously. Still I feel like I should be hitting higher percentage and I consciously tried to improve my aim many times through specific training and just constant CA play with little to no results. Think I have no talent for aiming.

It is precisely tracking and flicking where 144 really shines as movement is more smooth and is easier for brain to predict. Btw if you didn't know you can overclock your 60hz monitor. You may even get lucky and get something ike 90 hz out of it. Don't ask me how as I haven't done it in years but google should make it simple enough especially if you have nvidia.

I would go as far as to say that monitor hz is kind of like weight classes in fighting. A light fighter (60hz) will have a bad time against big dick 300 pound gorilla (144hz).

Last edited:

Venser

Erudite
Btw if you didn't know you can overclock your 60hz monitor. You may even get lucky and get something ike 90 hz out of it. Don't ask me how as I haven't done it in years but google should make it simple enough especially if you have nvidia.

Nvidia? Heh, I'm Intel HD Graphics 3000 master race. My laptop gets so hot during the game that I feel the heat on my legs through the table and I hook up a keyboard to it because I can't touch it for longer than 5 seconds without burning my hands. Don't think I'll be doing any overclocking on that shit, even if it's just monitor's refresh rate.

abija

Prophet
You should not give a fuck about your accuracy if ql runs like that. When you'll play on a decent system you'll realize how godlike that 20% was.

janior

Arcane
Vatnik
It starts to really annoy me how TANK champions are so much better, i start to hope they will bring the classic mode. Also would be cool if they removed abilities from instagib.

janior

Arcane
Vatnik
getting killed by 3 rails instead of one or getting 10ponts of movement speed more HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM what's better

abija

Prophet
getting killed by 3 rails instead of one or getting 10ponts of movement speed more HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM what's better
You forgot more than double hitbox and stiffer animations. When you start eating 100+ dmg shotguns from outside lg range that extra life doesn't mean much.
Anyway, it's not 1 v 3 rails:
Code:
champion type   max hp + ap         rails to kill 
                spawn   stacked     spawn   stacked
light           125     300         2       4
medium          175     350         2       4
heavy           225     400         3       5

Pretty irrelevant metric btw, actual mobility and utility of the special ability are what matter most (and the overbuffed shotgun + trigun fucking up tanks and chars that rely on speed)

And minor observation: if you look at max hp+ap values they chose, this game can't be balanced properly. Without bullshit weapons or abilities that fuck them up, lights would easily dominate any sane game mode.

Last edited:

abija

Prophet
Lack of decent QL servers around me and no other options. When it drives me too mad I play OW. New UT was promising but lacked direction and then fortnite...

But seriously, 10k players on steam, prime time for eu and I sit 6 min in queue to get a tdm half filled with bots. WTF is this shit...

Last edited:

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Lack of decent QL servers around me and no other options. When it drives me too mad I play OW. New UT was promising but lacked direction and then fortnite...

But seriously, 10k players on steam, prime time for eu and I sit 6 min in queue to get a tdm half filled with bots. WTF is this shit...

I dunno maybe they are mostly american? I find games instantly and no bots.

Squid

Arbiter
This game infuriated the hell outta me. I just want a good shooter where there's no movement speed or health differences, just make everyone on an even playing field and see who's better. The only hero shooter I've enjoyed immensely is Dirty Bomb and that's probably because it isn't a TDM/CTF game straight up. My only beef with DB is that you have those loadout cards and if you don't know what's good and what isn't, you'll waste in game currency on the wrong thing.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
This game infuriated the hell outta me. I just want a good shooter where there's no movement speed or health differences, just make everyone on an even playing field and see who's better. The only hero shooter I've enjoyed immensely is Dirty Bomb and that's probably because it isn't a TDM/CTF game straight up. My only beef with DB is that you have those loadout cards and if you don't know what's good and what isn't, you'll waste in game currency on the wrong thing.

I mean I like dirty bomb too but tbh it has the problem your describing x10 of quake c.

Most people use this guide when buying loadouts. It is very good.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=497702613

Squid

Arbiter
Yeah, I read through those guides to see why they say what to get and cross reference them to see what seems like the best idea. Don't really play it much anymore anyway though.
And I completely agree but at least it isn't a Quake game with heroes in it. I just didn't want Quake with a hero system. I've really liked Dirty Bomb for some reason, it's the only hero shooter I actually recommend.

abija

Prophet
Quake + heroes is not a guaranteed bad idea. The id designers are at least as bad as Saber coders though.
I wouldn't be surprised if the suits gave them money for the game only cause they heard of overwatch and quake + heroes sounded like easy money.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom