Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Quake Champions - multiplayer hero shooter from id Software

Venser

Erudite
All of those abilities are literally copied from Overwatch.

Those are just the most generic abilities from other games put into first person. It's not like Overwatch did anything original.

lightbane

Arcane
:hmmm:
I was expecting something bad, yet it turned out to be even worse. Totally-not aping Overwatch, no sir. Also, I like how Ranger is unceremoniously killed at the end of the trailer just like that. I guess that's a subconscious message from the devs about what they think of the saga. Lastly, Ranger's new suit is tacky and silly.

Venser

Erudite
Apparently they won't stream the Quake Champions presentation, it's for QuakeCon attendees only. Last time it was the same with Doom and nobody was able to leak a footage.

But at least we can enjoy Quake Live and QW tournaments: https://www.twitch.tv/quakecon

Ivan

Arcane
latest

Astral Rag

Arcane
Unsurprisingly, it looks like total shit.

Wallhacks and visual timers on items are no longer frowned upon in the current year. The weapons, characters and gibs look totally retarded. The overbright levels wouldn't look out of place in UT3.

Nothing about that trailer screams Quake except the logo at the end and the morons in the comments below the video.

1FZJYap.png

zMJ7eYc.png

zZSquwj.png

OKYPSKz.png

jGx700V.png

Last edited:

Venser

Erudite
Yeah it definitely gives of UT vibe and every single weapon model looks terrible.

dKVAXlH.jpg

Hope we get to see this on stream or someone films it.

tormund

Arcane
I'm getting UT3 vibes from those screenshots. :lol:

Yup, visuals and new character designs p much leak UT3 influence. I guess we finally found that mythical race of subhumans that actually enjoyed UT3.

Unwanted

Endlösung

Unwanted
Will fail spectacularly.
Modern casual audiences wont into heavy skillbased arena shooters. Its too skillbased.

Counter Strike is interesting because being a noob, its still playable - you get a drop on someone from behind -> you win. In even that Quake? No...

GrainWetski

Arcane
Will fail spectacularly.
Modern casual audiences wont into heavy skillbased arena shooters. Its too skillbased.

Counter Strike is interesting because being a noob, its still playable - you get a drop on someone from behind -> you win. In even that Quake? No...
This doesn't look any different from other recently released casual console shooters..

Unwanted

Endlösung

Unwanted
Trailer doesnt show much, not how damaging the fire is, how fast weapons switch, how many are spam, how fast and constant you move. But it looks to me as if its close to UT3.

Are recently released casual console shooters bringing in numbers?

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
It does look very much like Unreal Tournament. Game looked surprisingly fast in the trailer but character abilities can go to hell.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Worth noting this is not developed by Id Software, it is very much a Saber Interactive game, ID are probably working on Doom 2.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
After playing the Doom 4 and Doom 4 MP demos, I have no hopes for this.

Even though I was an id software fanboy and loved Q3 over any UT, I'm finding the free UT 4 pre-alpha to be pretty good after just a couple of days of fucking around with it.

RIP id.

The Fish

Arcane
Here's the quake live final if anyone's interested. It was pretty great.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom