Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Queen's Wish: The Conqueror - the Jeff Vogel Kickstarter

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Did a bit of google and it seems a bit of info has been there for months, duh.
We're making entirely new IP. New game system, new graphics, new world, new story.
It will still be a low-budget, turn-based, icon art fantasy RPG with a rich story.
Fantasy, meh.

p.s.
We will remaster the Geneforge games, starting in 18 months or so. The story and gameplay will be mostly the same, but I have a lot of cool ideas for the creation system.

Mustawd

yah i love vogel's aesthetics tbh. But I srsly doubt his creativity. Right now im only at half chub. let's see what he come sup with.

I'd only give him money for a Geneforge remake if he agrees that "Geneforge" is a 3 syllable word, pronounced "Gen -i- forge" Like you pronounce the word "Genesis." Vogel pronounces it "Jean - Forge" and it's fucking retarded. Way too literal and on the nose.

3-syllable? But I see five

Ge-ne-for-ge.

Its pronounced Ge-ne-For-Ge.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Do you pronounce Genesis as "Jean - sis"? The way the word is written, it's actually more natural to pronounce it as 3 syllables because all words that have the "gene" prefix are pronounced as such (genetic, genesis, generate, etc, etc). It would only be pronounced the way that Vogel pronounces it if it was written as "Gene-forge."

I took an informal poll on Spiderweb forums once and 1/2 people assumed it was pronounced "gen - i - forge" and the other half assumed it was pronounced "Jean - forge," so I'm not the only one.

Geneforge is a composite word made up of the components "Gene" and "Forge". These two composites are clearly identifiable due to the game's setting and theme (you're creating creatures by forging genes!), so it's not like it's hard to figure out. And unless you have no idea how composite words work, you're going to automatically pronounce this as "Gene-forge", and not as "ge-ne-forge". I mean... you'd never get the idea to pronounce it as "ge-ne-for-ge" with four syllables, are you? Even though theoretically you could pronounce "forge" as "for-ge", similar to how you pronounce Brian Fargo's name.

Last edited:
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
It's like the codex's version of those retarded white/blue dress, yanni/laurel things. Well except that anyone thinks it is 3 syllables doesn't know how English composites works and is straight up retarded.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
The Kickstarter page is austere, to say the least : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/619141553/queens-wish-the-conqueror

e5ea9c9e518ee1ad062b0356914f7007_original.jpg

We are Spiderweb Software! Since 1994, our tiny little mom and pop operation has created fine, indie fantasy role-playing adventures for the gamer masses. We specialize in retro games with enormous worlds, open-ended game systems, and intricate stories.

We don't write games with good or bad guys. We create worlds in which you have the freedom to wander, choose a path, pick a side to join, and fight with them to victory.

We're really excited by this new project, and we're looking forward to sharing it with the world. However, we're very small, and art is expensive. That is why we are coming to you for help making Queen's Wish live up to its potential.

a89c3d2a41845db768349b094ce77f5a_original.jpg

We invite you to escape into the all-new world of Queen's Wish. This will hopefully be an all-new trilogy in a a unique and fascinating setting, which you will be free to remake to your liking.

You are the youngest child of Queen Sharyn, the absolute leader of the Empire of Haven. While your older siblings have grabbed fame and power, you have slid by in a life of quiet luxury. Until now.

Your mother has decided to force power upon you and send you out into the world. Your new home: The wild, war-torn land of Sacramentum. There was once a successful Haven colony there. It then fell apart, for reasons not entirely clear.

To win the Queen's favor, you must go to Sacramentum and rebuild Haven's colony. But will you? Will you crush the nations of Sacramentum and expand Haven? Make peace with them and earn a place in their lands? Or just try to escape from your mother and homeland?

It will be up to you.

c89b436335b7b7a14eddcc1f7d9065b4_original.jpg

Queen's Wish will be a huge fantasy role-playing game for Windows, Macintosh, iPad, and possibly iPhone. It will feature an enormous world, sharp dialogue, cunning quests, and fascinating characters. It will be old-school 80's-style gaming, with a low budget but tons of clever design and charm.

Explore an enormous outdoors and search for towns and dungeons. Fight clever, carefully designed turn-based battles. Meet three different fierce nations, and deal with them with cunning, diplomacy, or (if you choose) violence.

Build new forts and customize them. Install your own smithies, shops, and furniture, giving each fortress your own unique spin. Choose how to expand your towns. The sorts of shops you specialize in will give your character different bonuses.

58c7d33aac7800014ec08d4c1e2b54f5_original.jpg

We currently have two stretch goals in mind for Queen's Wish: The Conqueror:

$50K Level - iPhone Port!

For a long time, we have released all of our new games for the iPad. We would love to put out our next game series on phones too. The extra funding will help pay for the extra art and programming work necessary to make this happen.

$75K Level - A New Realm!

We plan to have Sacramentum be settled by three different nations, each with their own culture, beliefs, problems, and tendency to violence. We would like to add another, an alien underworld nation shrouded in mystery. This will require a bunch of extra design time and art, though.

Risques et défis
Finishing a computer game is, of course, a big challenge. A lot of ambitious gaming Kickstarters have run into trouble along the way.

However, we've been writing indie games for a long time We have a 25-year history of releasing fun games on time, and mostly bug-free. We are very confident that we will continue this unbroken record with Queen's Wish.

If you trust us with your money, we will take that seriously, and we will give you monthly updates to reassure you that everything is on track. We have always been determined to treat our customers with the respect they deserve.

I don't mind that he goes a super cheap way, that's how he works and that's how Kickstarter should be used, judging by the minimalistic page he does not care about players who don't know him which is fine. However I am really not sure due to the plot that the game has full party creation which lowers my interest.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Did he ever try an Android port ? I'm wondering why he chooses the Ipads but not the Android devices

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Probably the least exciting KS pitch I've seen in a while.

We plan to have Sacramentum be settled by three different nations, each with their own culture, beliefs, problems, and tendency to violence. We would like to add another, an alien underworld nation shrouded in mystery.

VOGEEEEEEEEEL!

Did he ever try an Android port ? I'm wondering why he chooses the Ipads but not the Android devices

You do know that Vogel is a Mac guy, right? He used to make games Macintosh first.

Last edited:

Explorerbc

Arcane
Now I know it says early pre-alpha and the budget is supposed to go into art, but that video makes it look like the only thing changed is the perspective + forts.

Not that it bothers me, I was just expecting more radical changes in the gameplay and looks.

Last edited:

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I like Vogel or rather his games but this is really a disappointing low effort pitch.

Also, wasn't this KS supposed to finance a completely new engine? Its the same as always.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm sorry, but this is:
hqdefault.jpg

I'd be surprised if this succeeds. I know this is his style, but the pitch is too minimalistic to grab one's attention.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, he's sort of returned to the top-down Exile perspective hasn't he? :M

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Goddamnit why did he just launch the kickstarter immediately after announcing he'd do a Kickstarter, but BEFORE revealing what the game is actually about?

It's a much better idea to reveal the game first, THEN go into KS after people already know your game exists, so the KS launch day will be more effective.

EDIT:
Just checked out the pitch, and damn is it barebones. First thing I usually do is scroll down to check the screenshots... and there aren't any :retarded:

Just the video and a few paragraphs of description and... that's all.

This is the most low effort KS I've ever seen.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
You do know that Vogel is a Mac guy, right? He used to make games Macintosh first.
I know, I've been playing his games for years, I'm just wondering how making an Ipad port is worth it and making an Adroid port isn't.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:lol: He is still going on about piracy,he doesn't get it that because of piracy he made a lot more sales. The game looks typical spiredweb game,will buy on release,hope that the kickstart is success. Also Vogel does look like mix of gaypedobear and a cuck,thank god that he doesn't push that shit in his games.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Wait, I just watched the video. Do the latest remakes of Exile/Avernum and Avadon look this good? I haven’t played a Vogel game since I stopped being totally Mac dependent after college over a decade ago. This Kickstarter looks a hell of a lot better than how I remember his games of old.

I might back purely out of curiosity. Plus, I have a soft spot for developers who openly tell their customers to suck a dick, rather than spouting pleasant bullshit and then behaving as though their customers can go suck a dick.

Trashos

Arcane
You are not supposed to call yourself a "living legend", Jeff. Have someone else do it, ffs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom