Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Queen's Wish: The Conqueror - the Jeff Vogel Kickstarter

oasis789

Arcane
Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/619141553/queens-wish-the-conqueror

http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/queenswish/index.html

https://af.gog.com/game/queens_wish_the_conqueror?as=1649904300

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Tortor consequat id porta nibh venenatis cras sed felis. Ipsum suspendisse ultrices gravida dictum fusce. In ornare quam viverra orci. Praesent elementum facilisis leo vel. Quisque id diam vel quam elementum pulvinar etiam non quam. Urna et pharetra pharetra massa massa ultricies mi quis. Dictumst quisque sagittis purus sit amet volutpat consequat. Dictum varius duis at consectetur lorem donec massa sapien. Urna porttitor rhoncus dolor purus non. Consequat nisl vel pretium lectus quam id. Nisl pretium fusce id velit ut tortor pretium viverra suspendisse. Cursus metus aliquam eleifend mi in. Nunc vel risus commodo viverra.

Quam vulputate dignissim suspendisse in est. Est ullamcorper eget nulla facilisi etiam dignissim diam quis enim. Faucibus vitae aliquet nec ullamcorper sit amet risus nullam. Nunc scelerisque viverra mauris in aliquam sem fringilla. Convallis aenean et tortor at risus viverra adipiscing at. Suscipit adipiscing bibendum est ultricies integer quis auctor elit. Sed id semper risus in hendrerit gravida. Diam ut venenatis tellus in metus vulputate. Augue mauris augue neque gravida. Et ultrices neque ornare aenean euismod. At erat pellentesque adipiscing commodo.

Varius quam quisque id diam vel quam elementum. Nulla at volutpat diam ut venenatis tellus in. Purus ut faucibus pulvinar elementum integer enim neque. Sagittis nisl rhoncus mattis rhoncus urna. Dignissim cras tincidunt lobortis feugiat vivamus at augue. Maecenas pharetra convallis posuere morbi leo urna molestie at elementum. Auctor urna nunc id cursus metus aliquam eleifend mi in. Adipiscing bibendum est ultricies integer quis auctor elit sed vulputate. Congue mauris rhoncus aenean vel. Nunc congue nisi vitae suscipit tellus mauris. Id consectetur purus ut faucibus pulvinar. Non consectetur a erat nam at lectus urna. Lacinia quis vel eros donec ac odio.

Ut tellus elementum sagittis vitae et. Sodales neque sodales ut etiam sit. Et magnis dis parturient montes nascetur ridiculus mus mauris vitae. Pharetra massa massa ultricies mi quis hendrerit dolor magna. Quisque egestas diam in arcu cursus euismod quis viverra nibh. Quisque non tellus orci ac auctor augue mauris augue neque. Eleifend mi in nulla posuere. Tristique risus nec feugiat in fermentum posuere. Sit amet consectetur adipiscing elit. Volutpat ac tincidunt vitae semper quis lectus nulla. Dolor sit amet consectetur adipiscing elit duis tristique. Placerat in egestas erat imperdiet sed euismod nisi. Mus mauris vitae ultricies leo integer. Porttitor eget dolor morbi non arcu. Porttitor eget dolor morbi non arcu risus quis. Morbi non arcu risus quis varius quam quisque id. Elit duis tristique sollicitudin nibh sit amet commodo nulla facilisi. Porttitor rhoncus dolor purus non enim praesent elementum. Imperdiet massa tincidunt nunc pulvinar sapien.

Viverra maecenas accumsan lacus vel facilisis volutpat est velit egestas. Aenean euismod elementum nisi quis eleifend quam. Mauris augue neque gravida in fermentum. Faucibus vitae aliquet nec ullamcorper sit amet risus nullam. Nulla malesuada pellentesque elit eget. Ut sem nulla pharetra diam sit amet nisl suscipit. Sodales neque sodales ut etiam sit amet nisl purus. Scelerisque viverra mauris in aliquam. Sed nisi lacus sed viverra. A diam sollicitudin tempor id eu nisl nunc. Condimentum mattis pellentesque id nibh tortor id aliquet lectus. Velit euismod in pellentesque massa placerat duis ultricies lacus. Eu nisl nunc mi ipsum. Adipiscing elit pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mustawd

It's a big new thing for us, and I am terrified

Man I hope this isn't Vogel trying to put together his Kickstarter.

giphy.gif

We'll activate it next week

You fucking Madman. You should have been hyping this thing for the last week already!! :argh::argh::argh:

Zeriel

Arcane
That D:OS 2 blogpost was sure a great way to make sure people following him are uninterested in his Kickstarter. At least it was for me. It's not a new trend or anything, but with every day he sounds all the more like the old man who doesn't remember what it's like to play games as a player and not as a developer or someone with a job.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
How can anyone be exited about anything Vogel does. His games have streamlined out any interesting game mechanics to the point that all that is left is goodwill from his older games. If you think this will be more complex than Avadon, you fool yourself

Unwanted

Bladeract

It's Neckbeard Shitlord. Again.
Dumbfuck
How can anyone be exited about anything Vogel does. His games have streamlined out any interesting game mechanics to the point that all that is left is goodwill from his older games. If you think this will be more complex than Avadon, you fool yourself

His older games are not even that good. The main reason most people supported him was in hopes he would be able to do bigger, more complex, higher budget games over time. That's also how he heavily marked himself back in the day as well, if I just had more money money money I could make the most amazing hardcore RPGs!

Instead he took the money and made some shitty cell phone games and then shit on all the old fans who complained about it, pointing out how much money he was getting for them which proved he was right. Now there's 150 bucks or so I wish I had not wasted, a couple of the geneforges were decent but if I knew the endgame I would not have bought anything from that guy.

Mustawd

His older games are not even that good.

That's fair. He tried to ape bioware form what i hear. I didn;t play any of the avadon gaymes, so I dunno.

The main reason most people supported him was in hopes he would be able to do bigger, more complex, higher budget games over time

Really? I just bought his games cuz I liked them.

That's also how he heavily marked himself back in the day as well, if I just had more money money money I could make the most amazing hardcore RPGs!

Really? I always felt like he did the minimum required to keep selling games. You got sauce no that. Would be curious.

Instead he took the money and made some shitty cell phone games and then shit on all the old fans who complained about it, pointing out how much money he was getting for them which proved he was right. Now there's 150 bucks or so I wish I had not wasted, a couple of the geneforges were decent but if I knew the endgame I would not have bought anything from that guy.

:butthurt:

Look, I like his games BECAUSE they are budget titles. *shrug* I like the aesthetic. I like the turn based combat (although I wish there was 6 in a party), I like his world building. His encounters suck ass most o ft the time. Especially bosses.

But you know what else I like about his games?

-Full party creation
-Non level scaled shit (afaik)
-No romanceable party members
-2D
-isometric or top down depending on which versions you play

Does he phone it in sometimes? Sure. I get the feeling he's terrified of thinking outside the box because that might mean he leases a ton of sales that could impact his family. He strikes me as a relatively low risk guy even though he ended up in games, which is not a low risk industry. Regardless, he's found a way to make it as low risk as possible.

Not sure where I'm going with this, but I guess I'm just saying I like the guy and his games even tho he is a whiney bish. But tbh, I'm excited to see what he has up his sleeve. Maybe it's at least worth a gander.

Unwanted

Bladeract

Dumbfuck
Really? I always felt like he did the minimum required to keep selling games. You got sauce no that. Would be curious.

I used to read and post on his forums. The guy has always been pretty much the most talky developer in human history, and most of that various arguments about why you need to give him money. There's plenty to draw on, the problem is there is way too much between his million blogs, forum posts and interviews.

:butthurt:

Look, I like his games BECAUSE they are budget titles. *shrug* I like the aesthetic. I like the turn based combat (although I wish there was 6 in a party), I like his world building. His encounters suck ass most o ft the time. Especially bosses.

-Full party creation
-2D

Does he phone it in sometimes? Sure. I get the feeling he's terrified of thinking outside the box because that might mean he leases a ton of sales that could impact his family. He strikes me as a relatively low risk guy even though he ended up in games, which is not a low risk industry. Regardless, he's found a way to make it as low risk as possible.

Not sure where I'm going with this, but I guess I'm just saying I like the guy and his games even tho he is a whiney bish. But tbh, I'm excited to see what he has up his sleeve. Maybe it's at least worth a gander.

He made a few good games, the mistake I made was I liked the first geneforge so I bought like ten games and came to realize after putting in way too much time I only liked 2-3 out of them and they all tended to get worse as the series went, though there are some exceptions.

Mustawd

He made a few good games, the mistake I made was I liked the first geneforge so I bought like ten games and came to realize after putting in way too much time I only liked 2-3 out of them and they all tended to get worse as the series went, though there are some exceptions.

Fair enough, but they p. cheap on sale dawg. :D

anyhow, you think he's a snake-oil salesman then?

Unwanted

Bladeract

Dumbfuck

Fair enough, but they p. cheap on sale dawg. :D

anyhow, you think he's a snake-oil salesman then?

I came to the conclusion over time that he is a particularly annoying shekelgrubber. He has been in decline almost since the beginning.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity

-Full party creation
-2D
I like a good level design (fun to explore) and decent systems. World building is ok - it's not like his writing is anything to be exсited about, probably the main reason for the lack of romances, writing them needs a better skill than "go kill rats in that cave".
Same goes for 2d/isometric - it's cheap and gets the job done, but obviously not art.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Exile\Avernum is a good game series that was progressively burnt out and resold three times in a row. Some nice ideas inside, but slowly gutted ans simplified and worsened to resell it again and again because Vogel is so, so tired. And old. And he needs money. And he is old. And tired.

Geneforge has some legit good writing, a great faction system (the writing itself is middling, but few games leave to you the agency that Geneforge does) and somewhat mediocre gameplay. They are his best games without doubt, everything else I've played from him has been far inferior or outright bad.

Avadon comes from his Bioware phase. Boring, badly designed, self-insert characters, casualized. Had sales just thanks to Steam (Steam was evil for Vogel until it wasn't. Also, he's old and tired, and he needs money. Give him money).

Nethergate was a good experiment, like Blades of Avernum. He has not built on them because he's lazy, they didn't sell well enough, and Blades gave him the problem that why the fuck people should have bought his Eternal Remakes if people had a system to build their own adventures in the same engine?

Not excited for the kickstarter. Vogel nowadays is bored, tired, old (as he likes to repeat every paragraph) he just wants to make money and Kickstarting stuff is against my beliefs. If it's Geneforge remakes, I'll wait for the full copy and pirate it to honour old times.

No Vogel, you are not Paradox or Illwinter or Taleworlds. You have broken the compact: they kept releasing good games, you kept releasing Xerox copies.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
:what:

Yes, 5 minutes is all it takes to find better artists. Not sure what that has to do with the code, though.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I have only played one of this game for more than few hours and only somewhat enjoyed it but I am still down to contribute to this KS if it is going to be a good mix of better graphics/UI and old school cRPG mechanics.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I'm mostly interested in the setting - if its sci-fi or something original I'll likely contribute, not interested in another generic fantasy.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Geneforge has in some way has earned my lifelong loyalty. In some twisted way, i gonna keep supporting him in hope he strikes that golden again.

Plus his games are all p cheap even at release, literally the cost of a pizza for me, for me, so even if i dont like ot too much they aint a great loss

Curratum

Vogel is the guy who makes those games you really want to like but never end up playing because of the hideous graphics, right?

I too am willing to pitch into a KS if he finally switches from his 20-year-old engine and sprites, the guy has good ideas.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I don't know about you but his latest remake was a lot more enjoyable than any other CRPG in a long time. I felt a lot more joy and fun playing his game than dos2 or deadfire. Don't see why people are shitting over him that much,it is not like we are bustling with good crpg devs and games. Disliking the dev/games is fine,wanting him to stop making games i retarded.
I would ratter replay the Avadon series than PoE or DOS.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Hello and welcome to the Kickstarter for our BRAND NEW game. COMPLETELY new. Fresh like Pampers. It's a re-imagination of

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
my first experience with vogel was the Avernum 1 remake. I loved it and played the recent remakes of Avernum 2 and 3 and they are all great games. We should be grateful for Jeff Vogel instead of hating on him, he made crpgs in a time where crpgs were considered completely dead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom