Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Queen's Wish: The Conqueror - the Jeff Vogel Kickstarter

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I thought the repeat of 'customary' was a self-referential 'look, I am fully aware of writing cliche scene right now' touch; it also suggests that the spoiled hero has seen this many times and is bored.

Contagium

Savant
Patron
I think these notifications pretty much sums up the feelings towards The Queen's Wish so far

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190912-182621.png
    Screenshot_20190912-182621.png
    577.7 KB · Views: 308

thesecret1

Arcane
I don't think he bothered to edit this
I mean he made the game in like a year and a half. And it's a one man operation, with the man hating doing it. I'd say it's pretty safe to assume this was proofread once and quickly checked off as finished. You can still tell it's Vogel's work, but everything about this game screams "rushed" at me.

thesecret1

Arcane
Yeah, the more I play, the more obvious it is that Vogel just didn't care. The world feels generic, without much of the flair his older games have, the quests are unimaginative, the writing seems to be more about telling you where to go to murder more shit rather than trying to do any worldbuilding, the few characters that were given any thought at all are just common archetypes, the building "mechanic" is fucking retarded (seriously, why even offer placing shit when only one fits in a room anyway? And why dimension it all so that it never fits neatly and always looks like shit?), and the world map is cramped as fuck. Everything is ridiculously close to everything, I assume because Vogel was lazy to make any more places on the map that strictly necessary? The story doesn't even make much sense so far (why chuck your spoiled son into a land full of bandits, alone and underequipped, when you could just send troops through that would have a much better chance at success? Especially when hundreds of soldiers are committed to this shit anyway, only they are stuck at a ship and rely on the spoiled son to be able to win a 4v20 fight with bandits? Ridiculous.), the lack of character progression or serious loot feels like a mockery, and the absolutely garbage visuals don't do it any favours either.

Overall, it feels like he decided to just be done with the game as soon as possible with little regards for end quality since he already got the money from KS. Like he was trying to quickly fulfill his obligations and move on ASAP, which would align perfectly with the shit he blogged about. Indeed, Vogel is now an old man more interested in Wallmart discounts than video games, but RPGs are all he knows, so he has to stick with them to have an income.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ahh the game is playable,but nothing similar to his other games,quality wise. The whole game stinks of phoning it in. Also the game is pretty small from the looks of it. Spend few hours playing it and already am a quarter of the world explored. Also there like no fucking side quests,the whole prince(you are too important to do this quests etc etc) thing seems to an excuse to not bother side quests. The skill levelling is a mobile tier of joke. Items and inventory are also shit.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ahh the game is playable,but nothing similar to his other games,quality wise. The whole game stinks of phoning it in. Also the game is pretty small from the looks of it. Spend few hours playing it and already am a quarter of the world explored. Also there like no fucking side quests,the whole prince(you are too important to do this quests etc etc) thing seems to an excuse to not bother side quests. The skill levelling is a mobile tier of joke. Items and inventory are also shit.
there is literally like 5 inventory slot in your bag ffs.

I'm enjoying my time in the game so far, albeit it's been only 20 minutes into the game. I really like the new graphics improvements, and there were minor RP opportunities which i hope expand later on.

The Red Knight

Erudite
I think there are fixes for this at the Spiderweb forums.
I've only seen Jeff saying he was obliged to ditch 32-bit and someone suggesting reverse emulation of 64-bit in 32-bit (but in theory it would run worse than shit and it can be run in Wine/Linux so that'd be the more sane option). Thanks though.

He says... in 2019.
I think you've missed the joke on there being no change in hardware requirements of his games in like 20 years at least, so no one would notice if he sticked to 32-bit.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
The Red Knight , I think that in one thread there it was mentioned that there was some library which got updated to 64 and Jeff didn't notice. Seemingly you can copy the old one to the game's folder and it should run. Sorry, I gotta run now

Martyr

Arcane
0SCGYxE.png

what?? so building and upgrading a fort is now seen as a skill by Vogel?
and you don't gain XP by killing enemies?
I think at this point it's 100% certain that this game, as a RPG, is complete garbage.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Queen's Wish does seem to be doing better than the Spiderweb average. Over 300 concurrent players before its first weekend. Better than Avernum 3, much better than Avadon 3.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Queen's Wish does seem to be doing better than the Spiderweb average. Over 300 concurrent players before its first weekend. Better than Avernum 3, much better than Avadon 3.

Shouldn't you compare it to Avernum 1 and Avadon 1, sequels always do worse

passerby

Arcane
Also, having over 2k backers receive their keys on a launch day helps with concurrent players, lets see how it'll look a week after.

Two hours in and i still don't know what you autistocrats are complaining about. The game seems fine to me. Even as someone who doesn't like TB combat, I can get into it. The game world seems to be large enough for the game's budget. The systems in place are basic but functional and enjoyable enough, and the writing is competent. I saw one particular autist noble here complaining about using the same word twice in two immediate sentences. They obviously missed the writer's intent. The game's world is not captivating me much as of yet though, i give you that, and Vogel seems to not understand the value of symmetry much. Lastly, the graphics are quite consistent and nice but the sfx is basic. Anyhow, if you people believe that Vogel's other work is much superior to this, then those games must be fucking masterpieces. I haven't played any of those so maybe i'm missing point of reference. Otherwise, i think the hate some of you are dishing out here is an acute case of autistititis.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom