Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Queen's Wish: The Conqueror - the Jeff Vogel Kickstarter

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Don't buy that pile shit guys,it is broken,tedious and boring pile of shit! Spend 1 fucking hour fighting some stupid dragon,or to me more accurate,spend a whole hours seeing my guys just spam "evade"on the fucking enemy,i missed like 200 times in a fucking row.

Enemies can have different evade rates for physical and magic attacks, so a solution could be to respec the party from physical to magical damage.
Fuck off,by that point you have unlocked all the passive bonuses and have decent amount of magic with every companion lol. Only retards would need a respec since the game doesn't need it at all! The skill system is retarded,they all are pretty much the same garbage skill. Also there is no clear mind spell. Broken boring game all around. It is not RPG!

Contagium

Savant
Patron
Don't buy that pile shit guys,it is broken,tedious and boring pile of shit! Spend 1 fucking hour fighting some stupid dragon,or to me more accurate,spend a whole hours seeing my guys just spam "evade"on the fucking enemy,i missed like 200 times in a fucking row.

Enemies can have different evade rates for physical and magic attacks, so a solution could be to respec the party from physical to magical damage.
Fuck off,by that point you have unlocked all the passive bonuses and have decent amount of magic with every companion lol. Only retards would need a respec since the game doesn't need it at all! The skill system is retarded,they all are pretty much the same garbage skill. Also there is no clear mind spell. Broken boring game all around. It is not RPG!

Running into a group of enemies that spam "charm" over and over again and watch your party members slaughter each other without a chance definitely isn't a good time

Mortmal

Arcane

Running into a group of enemies that spam "charm" over and over again and watch your party members slaughter each other without a chance definitely isn't a good time

You can avoid this easily, there's trinket with mental resists, runes with resists, and cherry on the cake a racial passive that auto free from domination party member...Seems the game was not dumbed down enough....Vogel may be in the right.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

You can avoid this easily, there's trinket with mental resists, runes with resists, and cherry on the cake a racial passive that auto free from domination party member...Seems the game was not dumbed down enough....Vogel may be in the right.
Yeah,clearly the answer for a mind control spell is to go hunting for trinkets that give you mental resistance....sure but for one guy and it is a chance based. Also there is no place where you could buy jewellery,if you sell the mind resistance ones because you have something better,then you are fucked because you find jewellery rarely. Compared to avernum and geneforge,this game is a fucking pisspuddle!

Contagium actually the slowing is worst because his new turn based system. I honestly could decipher it,it is a fucking mess that have to do something with character speed. Some times they just skip turns because they have low speed or something. A hasted enemy that slows you down could fuck you up well. Once i spend like 10 turns just watching the enemy spam slow me. It is really tedious game.

Mortmal

Arcane
Oh yeah you can give me your silly button ratings Contagium but the sad truth is you got overwhelmed by an iPad game !
tenor.gif

Contagium

Savant
Patron
Yes, because all those items are readily available to you when you first start running in to those enemies. I agree with Fantadomat's assessment of shitty combat.

Mortmal

Arcane
Yes, because all those items are readily available to you when you first start running in to those enemies. I agree with Fantadomat's assessment of shitty combat.

The apothicary sell them fairly early, every crafted armor have slots for runes , and the ariel land tactical fights are all pretty much based around charm mechanism so its pretty obvious you stack those on at least one char.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

The apothicary sell them fairly early, every crafted armor have slots for runes , and the ariel land tactical fights are all pretty much based around charm mechanism so its pretty obvious you stack those on at least one char.
Yeah,+4% mental resistance will be a game changer. Get a grip of yourself mate,clearly you haven't played the game.....or maybe you played it on easier.

Mortmal

Arcane
+4 on each parts , +20% on some ring ,+10% on some necklace,draconic orb +15% then you have the magical evasion runes, can easily reach 50% and even if by bad luck the character is hit by a charm they have a racial passive to get free automatically.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
+4 on each parts , +20% on some ring ,+10% on some necklace,draconic orb +15% then you have the magical evasion runes, can easily reach 50% and even if by bad luck the character is hit by a charm they have a racial passive to get free automatically.
Yes,clearly the way is to optimize from the very start of the game some you could kill the enemy 15 hours alter. Do you even comprehend what you are saying? You are defending retarded game design by saying that possibly if you knew by the start of the game about x you could stack a bunch of modifiers if you get the right equipment lol. Yeah,more power to you mate,now leave me be.

Mortmal

Arcane
Yes,clearly the way is to optimize from the very start of the game some you could kill the enemy 15 hours alter. Do you even comprehend what you are saying? You are defending retarded game design by saying that possibly if you knew by the start of the game about x you could stack a bunch of modifiers if you get the right equipment lol. Yeah,more power to you mate,now leave me be.

Aww come on , its ok, i know those rpg games can be a bit too much sometimes.. But the introductory fight to ariel land was some abomination plant with charm power . So i admit my superior intellect and tactical genius made me foresee that the next fights could be charm heavy and need to stack stats towards that.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
the more i play it, the worse it become. it just ughh. kinda funny because my initial reception was lukewarm. this game have nothing unique to offer, unless you call idiotic design decision something unique.

fuck this game. i just bought stygian instead.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
lol congratulations jeff, it infuriate me so much that i had to write a review. my first bad review ever. usually if i don't like a game , i won't even bother, but this game really disappointed me because i really like all of jeff's games i played before. maybe he will read it and try to make something better next.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/hoboForEternity/recommended/1058130?snr=1_5_9__402

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Buahahahahah now i noticed that there is a discussion about our discussion on steam :)

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1058130/discussions/0/2564160288803102582/

It is great laugh reading trough it. You could just smell all the soy mixed with Jeff's cum with every word you read LoL. Especially that dorok cuck is pretty amusing for a reeeeetardera fan. Also there are a few codexers there to mix things up,i was surprised that one of us tried to reason with mister dorok. Also i love that it is the most discussed discussion in the whole queen's turd discussions.

Also i am replaying escape from the pit,wanted something chill while waiting for the glorious cat quest 2 :obviously:.

somewhatgiggly

Scholar
Alright. I've played 6 hours so far.

It's a barebones RPG. The only reason I'm playing it is due to a mix of my laptop being crappy and a dearth of games where you can make your own character *and* party, but...

Holy hell the character customization is small. A few hair colors, a few hair styles, a few add ons, a few preset facial settings. TOEE or even the Neverwinter MMO this isn't. The writing is jarring - you're a spoiled prince in a small castle, whose options are often snobbish, selfish, and spoiled. Okay...? So apparently we're a twenty five year old manchild and have been literally tossed out of bed by our queen to this Island - yes, Island, not some Continent, this thing is barely bigger than Puerto Rico or so - to put the three uppity cultures there to heel and reestablish our colony there.

Overall I'm fine with that, but the writing is so barebones and seems to be written around this character being a idiotic loafer whining about going home or rubbing his royalty into everyone he meets. I'm surprised the options to *not* be like that exist; but I gladly took them and now I'm mostly some 'good' murderhobo fighting for the downtrodden.

Maybe my exposure is very small in scope, but the setting is alluring. Then comes the combat - you run around, kill a few things, get nothing for it. Everything is tied to chests. And then it doesn't really matter anyway because there's no crafting system (beyond gluing some stones into your armor or arms at a smith), there's no enchantment system (besides what I just mentioned), no personal smithing system, no personal resource gathering system other than combing through chests or finding rocks on the ground. Compare this to, oh, Underrail and this feels really barebones. In nearly every aspect.

Like someone else said, if you imagine that this is some newbie's first RPG, and you just want a RPG-lite game (RPG inspired?) then it's passable while waiting for other games.

Mortmal

Arcane
Not really a newbie first rpg, end game is quite challenging that on higher difficulties level.Had to min max my builds with artefacts and stacking runes. Obviously its complex enough to confuse some codexers, i have not met a dragon evading hundreds of time, but i use disruptions and debuffs. The more you progress in the game the more challenging it is and the very last fights even suffer from the same problem as other spiderweb games, hp bloated enemies with high resists to everything, dtill doable. Story not bad at all, there's lot of choices and consequences even more than previous games like geneforge , everything makes sense in the end .
So genuinely satisfied with the game after all, so far best rpg of the year, but i also dont remember playing anything else... Can only hope for queen wish 2 he expand the skill lines and add quite a few more tabs to make and experiment new builds , its sorely needed.

Mortmal

Arcane
Pope Amole II you have nothing more to add to the discussion than a cuck button ? Maybe uninspired shitty russian rip of darkest dungeon are something closer to your tastes ?

Mortmal

Arcane
stacking runes

Which runes did you use? I think the evasion and speed runes were the most useful, but I'm not yet at the end game.
On tank, physical evasion then physical armor and stun resist . Closest guy always targeted. On others yes speed is most useful since they are doing dps, with resists to poison and bleed and one ahriel char with as much mental resist+magical evasion possible.Then a specialized healer/bless with max blessing and healing runes. Works for every situations if the characters are well placed.

GandGolf

Augur
... The other has slaves. The third spooky trees, I presume. Have I told you the second kingdom has slaves?....

How many games give you the option to join the side that owns slaves? That'd be like a civil war game where you play as the confederacy! It's the game Cleve Blakemore was waiting for!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom