Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Queen's Wish: The Conqueror - the Jeff Vogel Kickstarter

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
JORDECB.jpg

Please dont be a dumpster pls dont be a dumpster

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Took another look at the pitch and it bears repeating how utterly lazy and uninformative it is.

Usually, KS pitches come with a nice little section called "Features" where the devs list the planned features of the game in an easy to read bullet point format.

There's nothing like this there. Just two paragraphs of text that say "you build forts" and "you explore the world".

This disregards every single piece of common knowledge about how to pitch a game, or, heck, how to pitch any product at all.

I've read car insurance advertisements that had more enthusiasm in them than this.
It is a pitch for its fans not for the popamole crowd. People that care about rpgs know what is this about. Still i do agree that the pitch is not very good,still i don't really care. Will buy the game because Vogel may be a cuck but he hasn't delivered bad game. It is annoying when the codex wants for rpgs to go back to that golden decade,yet they whine that Vogel doesn't innovate and it is not popamole enough. I would ratter have 10 of Vogel's games than to replay that incompetent broken game called deadfire.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
It is a pitch for its fans not for the popamole crowd. People that care about rpgs know what is this about. Still i do agree that the pitch is not very good,still i don't really care. Will buy the game because Vogel may be a cuck but he hasn't delivered bad game. It is annoying when the codex wants for rpgs to go back to that golden decade,yet they whine that Vogel doesn't innovate and it is not popamole enough. I would ratter have 10 of Vogel's games than to replay that incompetent broken game called deadfire.

No what I'm complaining about, and rightfully so, is that Vogel's business sense seems to be even worse than Pierre Begue's and that's saying much.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
This KS is so bad on so many planes of existence.

The biggest blunder, however, seems to be that he's appealing to his fans first and foremost as only people familiar with his games could begin to guess at the kind of game he's working on. So what's the point of going on KS to get extra funding to get new art assets if it's only the fans paying him who were going to buy the game anyway? He's going to be making a negative profit with fans "preordering" the game and then not buying it on release day. Where's the business acumen??
Also, the game footage is really underwhelming. I was expecting something more when Vogel announced that he was making a new engine, but it looks like exactly the same shit as before with a different angle.

Lastly, is it just me, or is this somehow vaguely inspired by Tyranny? You're some guy sent to fix the untamed barbarian lands of your empire. I've not played Tyranny but this is the impression I'm getting from this game. Someone let me know if I'm crazy or not.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Lastly, is it just me, or is this somehow vaguely inspired by Tyranny? You're some guy sent to fix the untamed barbarian lands of your empire. I've not played Tyranny but this is the impression I'm getting from this game. Someone let me know if I'm crazy or not.

First he cloned Bioware, now he clones Obsidian. Innovation!

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
So what's the point of going on KS to get extra funding to get new art assets if it's only the fans paying him who were going to buy the game anyway? He's going to be making a negative profit with fans "preordering" the game and then not buying it on release day. Where's the business acumen??
That's why I think his family is in debt and he needs money now.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So what's the point of going on KS to get extra funding to get new art assets if it's only the fans paying him who were going to buy the game anyway? He's going to be making a negative profit with fans "preordering" the game and then not buying it on release day. Where's the business acumen??

Worth pointing out that he planned to do this year and a half in advance: http://www.rpgcodex.net/article.php?id=10433

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
The worst game he delivered was avadons,which are mediocre at worst.
Yeah,it was pretty mediocre series,still i didn't felt cheated for buying them. Also they had better writing than his other game.....in sense that it was more personalised.
best thing about avadon is at least it has some of the most creative boss fights, and avadon 1 redbeard fight was kinda cool, although tedious at the same time

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

No what I'm complaining about, and rightfully so, is that Vogel's business sense seems to be even worse than Pierre Begue's and that's saying much.
Yeah, i know and agree with you mate. I just worded my self poorly,i was just bitching in general about the people that bitch about Vogel and want the game to fail. I wasn't saying that you are the one,it just came off in the wrong way,ahhh 5 hours of sleep could do that to people.

PS:Still think that you are the best mod around here,after all you are the only one that post and shows some care about rpgs.:salute:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron

Worth pointing out that he planned to do this year and a half in advance: http://www.rpgcodex.net/article.php?id=10433

Why the fuck hasn't he advertised this more if he has been planning it for a year ffs

This thing looks like something made up in 5 minutes with not a second of effort put into it.
Heck, I've seen Kickstarters that were probably made up in 5 minutes just to cash in, and even they had more detailed KS pages than this 6 paragraphs of barely informative text.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ok wow the ks pitch is absolutely awful, did no one tell him how to market stuff and attract people to his game?! ugh. I guess I'll back it bc I like Vogel's games but I fear this will barely reach it's goal if at all. Meh.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2

OK, great!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The worst game he delivered was avadons,which are mediocre at worst.
Yeah,it was pretty mediocre series,still i didn't felt cheated for buying them. Also they had better writing than his other game.....in sense that it was more personalised.
best thing about avadon is at least it has some of the most creative boss fights, and avadon 1 redbeard fight was kinda cool, although tedious at the same time
When it comes down to level design and battles Vogel is really good. In each of his games there is something new and interesting.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Ok wow the ks pitch is absolutely awful, did no one tell him how to market stuff and attract people to his game?! ugh. I guess I'll back it bc I like Vogel's games but I fear this will barely reach it's goal if at all. Meh.

he's gone from 2k to over 6k in the last couple of hours alone and he only needs 30. I think he'll do just fine. Vogel is the master of getting the most money out of the least work imaginable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom