Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Quest For Infamy - A Quest for Glory-like Indie Adventure Game

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I give you the no-fisitng guarantee at PaxEAST.

AND YOU WON'T GET THAT KIND OF DEAL FROM PETER MOLYNEUX, I TELL YOU THAT!

Bt

Met up with Mindx2 at PAX. I didn't fist him, much to everyone's disappointment.

But he was wearing the coolest hat in the place. It was great to meet up with you, man - thanks for taking the time. I'll be sending you an email when I get home with all that stuff we talked about.

Bt

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Question: Is Roehm to Ruin a prequel (it sounds like it it) such that stats won't carry over?

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Yes - Roehm to Ruin is a prequel - in that it takes place the exact night that Roehm ends up in the Baron's Castle (from QFI's prologue). It's a small adventure game that gives some backstory to QFI.

Bt

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Yeah - it's a short adventure - there's sneaking and stealing, but the game is so short there's no real stat building or grinding. It takes place over the course of one night. It'll be a short little adventure probably sold for something like $4.99

Bt

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
A quick question to Blackthorne : Am I assuming right that the game is really meant to be played in windowed mode, in a resolution around 640x480 -980x720 (or somethin like that)? It seems to me that every art in the game was done in 320x240 resolution, and the game upscales it to the desired resolution. In fullscreen, this looks very stretched, which while has its charm, using a lower res and playing it windowed looks better. Do you also recommend playing it like that?

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
If you run winsetup.exe, which will be in the same directory as the game, you can do various things to make sure the resolution doesn't stretch (like adding black columns to the sides).

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
MRY is right - though full screen it should be pillarboxed to allow for the proper res. Some people's video cards auto stretch 4:3 images to 16:9. Try using the setup utility and check to make sure your graphics card doesn't stretch 4:3 fullscreen images.

Bt

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
If you run winsetup.exe, which will be in the same directory as the game, you can do various things to make sure the resolution doesn't stretch (like adding black columns to the sides).
Found it. Thanks guys. :)

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Sigh, I put down QFI for the 3rd time. The game is great, for those who like these RPG-adventure hybrids. The problem is definitely with me. I tried to play it for the 3rd time, progressing further at each try, but in the end it somehow doesn't click with me. I like adventure games in themselves, and RPGs in themselves, but this mix is not my style it seems. :)

I feel bad because I got the GOG key as a gift from Bt. Sorry buddy, I failed you. :(

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Sigh, I put down QFI for the 3rd time. The game is great, for those who like these RPG-adventure hybrids. The problem is definitely with me. I tried to play it for the 3rd time, progressing further at each try, but in the end it somehow doesn't click with me. I like adventure games in themselves, and RPGs in themselves, but this mix is not my style it seems. :)

I feel bad because I got the GOG key as a gift from Bt. Sorry buddy, I failed you. :(

Not everybody is gonna like everything, but you gave it an honest try. That's all anyone can ask.

You know, like buttsex. Darth Roxor likes it with his Dad, but not everyone does. That's just how life goes sometimes.

Bt

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Hey man, it's not my fault your game is terrible.

It's also not my fault you prefer buttsex with goats to that with your dad.

Morkar Left

Yeah - it's a short adventure - there's sneaking and stealing, but the game is so short there's no real stat building or grinding. It takes place over the course of one night. It'll be a short little adventure probably sold for something like $4.99

Bt

Could you make it possible to import the char to basically combine both games?

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer

Bt

Could you make it possible to import the char to basically combine both games?

Well, Morkar - Roehm to Ruin takes place the night of the intro you see in QFI. This is before you even class (or more specifically, subclass - as Roehm is basically a thief sub-classing as a rogue, brigand or sorcerer in QFI) - and you lose all your possessions in the process of escaping, so there's nothing really to import.

This is just a short little game that extends out the intro, gives a little backstory to Roehm, and for some - may give insight into things to come later.

Bt

Morkar Left

No problem if it's only one night and you lose ALL posessions anyway. I just thought it would have been a good Xtended Version of sorts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom