Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Quick Question:

Jed

Cipher
Been surfing the forum for the last couple of hours, but no luck in finding an answer: If you do not tag Flame for one of you chars during creation, is there any place/way in-game to pick up the skill?

Thanks,
Jed

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
XJEDX said:
If you do not tag Flame for one of you chars during creation, is there any place/way in-game to pick up the skill?

If there is such place/way, I did not find it. I am sure you know it, but just in case, you can pick a high level Flame monk at the Monastery. Since you cant learn high level spells before the Monastery, it makes sense to concentrate on other characters and pick a good follower there.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I think Thurmaturgy is the only magic you can learn post character creation. I think the other two are supposed to be "inate" in your characters. Either they're born with it or they're not.

thathmew

Zero Sum Software
Developer
Yep, that's correct, flame and river must be tagged at start to be known, but there are recruitable pc's who have them.

Jed

Cipher
Vault Dweller said:
I am sure you know it, but just in case, you can pick a high level Flame monk at the Monastery.
Ah, I didn't know that. Guess I'll have to go back and check around.

Thanks for the tip,
Jed

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
XJEDX said:
I didn't know that. Guess I'll have to go back and check around.

There is a little quest attached to getting the monk. If you need help lemme know

Korak

Novice
Yeah, SP's right on about why this is the case. Thaumaturgy is the science of magic, which can be learned, the others are innate abilities which come from spirituality and religious devotion.

thathmew said:
Yep, that's correct, flame and river must be tagged at start to be known, but there are recruitable pc's who have them.

We may want to make this explicit durring character creation if there's confusion about it, eh?

And yeah, the monastery joinable npc is one of my favorites. But then, I may be biased because I created him. :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom