Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review [Quickie Nr. 001]: Konjad and Dragon Age 2

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age 2; Quickie

<p>There comes a time when a man has to announce the start of a new ongoing series of content items on the Codex. We call it "Quickies". It works not unlike "Forgotten Gems" except we plan to shove there content pieces (mini-reviews or articles etc.) which are too short or too... short to pass as real Codex content. So the local, mostly degenerate, populace is permitted, nay, encouraged to submit further such entries in the future.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So, without further ado, I herewith announce that the honour to start this new potent series with Quickie Nr. 001 goes to Konjad and his review of Dragon Age 2. Have an excerpt:</p>
<blockquote>
<p>Dragon Age was a bit different. With it came a return to an isometric camera-angle and fully controllable party members, while the rest of the game stayed true to Bioware's trend of putting action front-and-centre. Dragon Age 2 abandons the throwback to earlier times that Dragon Age: Origins represented, going closer to the action genre like Jade Empire, but still remaining a role-playing game in some aspects. The camera is now fixed on the player's character (or any chosen party member), and while it is still possible to fully control the entire team, it's a bit clunky and inconvenient, and the game definitely lacks the free camera mode and ability to zoom out, so as to get an overview of the battlefield.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>As you can see, Dragon Age 2 is still very much RPG, probably because it still has a camera.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href="http://rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=236" target="_blank">Read the full review here.</a></p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Bioware's games have always been technically good-looking, and the art direction has always been a bit above average. It's a similar thing with Dragon Age 2. First of all I would like to praise the look of the characters. They are simply beautiful and well-made.

IB6dJ.jpg

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
So basically the game was so terrible that Konjad had to focus on the few tolerable aspects of the game and mash them into a positive review.

Edit: I haven't played DA2, but I know there was more wrong with the game than Konjad brought up. No mention of the recycled dungeons, repetitive combat is brushed off as insignificant ("well there's less filler than DAO"), no mention of the removal of RPG mechanics, no mention of the fake choices, no mention of the retarded ending...

Regdar

Arcane
So does this review answer the most important questions, like is Konjad a troll?

You will later try to resolve the problems of the city, but fortunately you do not have any great impact on an entire world; instead you actually influence the future of a single town just a little, which is an improvement over all the world- and galaxy-saving heroes in all the previous Bioware role-playing games.

And now I know the answer. :smug:

waywardOne

Arcane
So it's a good RPG if by RPG you mean "interactive story"?

I knew this was going to be a waste of time but thanks.

tindrli

Arcane
Xor said:
So basically the game was so terrible that Konjad had to focus on the few tolerable aspects of the game and mash them into a positive review.

Edit: I haven't played DA2, but I know there was more wrong with the game than Konjad brought up. No mention of the recycled dungeons, repetitive combat is brushed off as insignificant ("well there's less filler than DAO"), no mention of the removal of RPG mechanics, no mention of the fake choices, no mention of the retarded ending...

why does it has to be positive in the first place???

Shit, this "Game" is a disgrace for the genre

2ce2o7p.gif

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The review is posted at last, but I'm not happy at all. How dare you write positive things about this pile of turd?

Shannow

Waster of Time
I like the review. Could have been written better, but far less derp than I expected. And content-wise it could just be a normal review by a person with strange/shitty taste instead of an attempt at trolling.
:thumbsup:

Peter

Arcane
Regdar said:
So does this review answer the most important questions, like is Konjad a troll?

You will later try to resolve the problems of the city, but fortunately you do not have any great impact on an entire world; instead you actually influence the future of a single town just a little, which is an improvement over all the world- and galaxy-saving heroes in all the previous Bioware role-playing games.

And now I know the answer. :smug:

I haven't played DA2 (or any Bioware game since NWN, really), so I can't judge the story, but why is the point you brought up a bad thing? I think it would be quite refreshing to play an RPG where you're not The Chosen One(tm), but simply someone looking out for yourself.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Xor said:
HEY GUYS I THINK KONJAD MIGHT BE TROLLING US.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/posting.p ... &p=1546889
Konjad said:
So... how many of you actually want to play it?

As for myself I will definitely not buy nor play it. After the demo I'm sure this is one of the worst cRPGs ever. Hell, perhaps even worse than Oblivion, though still incomparable to ArcaniA.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=56207
Konjad said:
First of all the combat is just plainly boring. I knew it won't be anything that requires thinking but this one is even more boring than in DAO. Dialogues are horrible. Worse than in DAO. Music is shit, graphic is just laughable. There is no singe pro of that game. It's just shit. Good thing they put up a demo because now I know to not bother with DA2. I mean DAO was semi-good. It had filler combat, it had overdone violence, it had many other drawbacks... but at least dialogues were okay and there were some choices with some consequences from time to time. The game was rather good until Deep Roads. But DA2? Now, THIS IS SHIT.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/posting.p ... &p=1557559
Konjad said:
Good thing I have 1 GB memory in my GPU and it supports DX 11.

Good thing I'm not going to play DA2 anyway.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=56619
Konjad said:
I don't even know why the fuck did I open this thread. Eh, bad habit reading everything in RPGD.

On topic:
I don't give a shit. I want The Witcher 2/Risen 2/DE3/EB3/AoD... hell, I might also play Skyrim, though I doubt it. But this turd? Hell, no!

And my personal favorite (from the same thread):
Konjad said:
I find it ironic that the 'dex says DA2 is shit beyond salvation even with mods, unworthy of anything and yet so many of the members will play it...

Can we add anyone who ever plays DA2 custom tag "Biowhore"?

In mid March he changes his mind and starts calling DA2 the best game evar.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Merril and Fenris, for example, are both annoying, insecure elves, who will take up a lot of your spare time just to complain about the fact that their lives are senseless and that they themselves are useless.

Double the Aerie
Double the merry

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
DwarvenFood said:
Xor said:
HEY GUYS I THINK KONJAD MIGHT BE TROLLING US.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/posting.p ... &p=1546889
Konjad said:
So... how many of you actually want to play it?

As for myself I will definitely not buy nor play it. After the demo I'm sure this is one of the worst cRPGs ever. Hell, perhaps even worse than Oblivion, though still incomparable to ArcaniA.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=56207
Konjad said:
First of all the combat is just plainly boring. I knew it won't be anything that requires thinking but this one is even more boring than in DAO. Dialogues are horrible. Worse than in DAO. Music is shit, graphic is just laughable. There is no singe pro of that game. It's just shit. Good thing they put up a demo because now I know to not bother with DA2. I mean DAO was semi-good. It had filler combat, it had overdone violence, it had many other drawbacks... but at least dialogues were okay and there were some choices with some consequences from time to time. The game was rather good until Deep Roads. But DA2? Now, THIS IS SHIT.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/posting.p ... &p=1557559
Konjad said:
Good thing I have 1 GB memory in my GPU and it supports DX 11.

Good thing I'm not going to play DA2 anyway.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=56619
Konjad said:
I don't even know why the fuck did I open this thread. Eh, bad habit reading everything in RPGD.

On topic:
I don't give a shit. I want The Witcher 2/Risen 2/DE3/EB3/AoD... hell, I might also play Skyrim, though I doubt it. But this turd? Hell, no!

And my personal favorite (from the same thread):
Konjad said:
I find it ironic that the 'dex says DA2 is shit beyond salvation even with mods, unworthy of anything and yet so many of the members will play it...

Can we add anyone who ever plays DA2 custom tag "Biowhore"?

In mid March he changes his mind and starts calling DA2 the best game evar.
Codexians sure like to flip-flop.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Didin't like the review. It was more like a trolling attempt. Didin't cover alot of stuff or cover it selectively, that is a bad thing. Anyway heres what I think:
:bravo:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The reviews is an ok read, I guess, although a bit generic. Looking forward to more quickies in the future.

Deleted Member 10432

Do as I do: become a dragon! Don't be ridiculous, you could never be a dragon!

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Here I was thinking Konjad never wrote a review and was just having a laugh getting people to believe it they would one day see it (ITS style).

It lacks strength in many departments, but it builds up a good experience if you like interactive stories and if you're willing to give it a chance

:lol: Seems like something Bioware would say, "give it a chance, and if you don't like it...WE HAS YO MONEY DON'T CARE LUL (and we might take away your ability to play the game just for laughs)".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom