Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rainbow 6 Siege - Now with 60 years old Sam Fisher

deuxhero

Arcane
They can't stick that shiny Tom Clancy name on it if they make it a new IP now that he's dead

omega21

Arcane
Can't be as bad as Tom Clancy's the Division I suppose

I also wanted to make a Rainbow SJW joke but I'm sure someone else will make it for me.

Kutulu

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
Yes GSG9 has uniforms, this "gsg9" is modeled after MEK (Mobiles Einsatz Kommando, Mobile Task Force) which is pretty
much your usual swat unit, so no changing pants if its urgent.

MEK:
38284648d2c987b8672d1e3e86e29743.jpg

Yes those are Revolvers :)

Wolfe

Arbiter
I've played for about 10 hours, going to start playing ranked soon. It's pretty nice, I can definitely see myself playing this for a longer time than Battlefront. Much more competitive and tactical, if you play with four friends over voice chat then epicness is guaranteed. I've unlocked 11 operators out of the 20 available, though I wish that the objectives would be more diverse, as currently there's only bomb/hostage/control area modes.

And that R6 credits thing is.. fine. It's only used for weapon skins and boosters that speed up your progress. Waste of money, but at least it doesn't affect gameplay. Also buying the Season Pass only lets you access the (FREE) DLC content one week before those who haven't bought it, so it's miles ahead of EA Season Passes.

Astral Rag

Arcane
And that R6 credits thing is.. fine

"Microtransactions" in full priced games are pretty fucking far from "fine" in my book but I'm afraid they're rapidly becoming the new normal. I've read many apologetic comments like yours on other websites but apparently there are now even codexers who still give money to these AAA decline companies AND defend the sleazy business of including microtransactions in non-f2p games.

In the past "similar games" (I use the term loosely) had active modding communities, mods (skins, custom levels, custom game modes etc) played a big role in keeping those skill-based games fresh, some of those old titles are still being modded and played today. But who cares about such old fashioned crap when you can buy some upgrade that speeds up your shiny new AAA game's soul-crushingly boring unlock system. Maybe even buy a new hat and some lulzy skin for that new AK and before you know it it'll be the end of 2016 and you'll be allowed to pay €60 (+ €30 Season Pass for those who want a slightly less cut up game) for "Rainbow Six" Siege 2 while Ubi shuts down RSS1's servers.

Do they ship these current-gen AAA popamoles with Rohypnol and anal lube or what.

I wonder what you declinefags will be slurping up a few years from now..

dat slippery, smelly slope

Last edited:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Who cares as long as it is for weapon skins and shit like that? If people want their ubertactic00l weapons and pay for them then its their fault. As long as it doesnt alter gameplay then I couldnt care less

Wolfe

Arbiter
Astral Rag, I'm not defending anything. I haven't paid full price for the game and bought it from resellers, and I sure as hell won't be buying R6 Credits or the Season Pass. Why? Because there's no reason to do so. Unlocking operators faster doesn't give you any advantage when you can unlock 8 of them before you even start playing MP by completing the SP Situations. And skins.. don't give a shit about that.

If anyone is stupid enough to buy Credits or the Season Pass, then that's entirely their fault. The game doesn't disadvantage you at all if you don't do so and that's ok with me.

Wolfe

Arbiter
That review is shit, just like most of the stuff he makes. I only agree with the fact that the game isn't worth its current price from all the shit he's been spewing in the video.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Bought it on a whim because it was only 25 quid. Will post some impressions later on.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Dont touch this game if you want a single player experience.

There are 'situations' (singleplayer missions) that train you in each operator role. An operator is a 'class' that has a special ability. Working together with friends complimenting each other is CRUCIAL. This is not a team deathmatch game. Depending on your operators class armor you can go down in miliseconds. Headshots are instant kills.

It feels like counterstrike in close quarters. Always 5 v 5. Soundesign is the best I have ever seen in a fps. Rounds are tense! Its hard to explain without playing yourself

There is nothing cooler than shouting 'NOW!' and 4 of your friends explode charged simultaneously, put föashbangs inside a room and shoot people while you rapell from a wall upside down. And in this game its not scripted, you can do it all the time.

anus_pounder

Arcane

There are 'situations' (singleplayer missions) that train you in each operator role. An operator is a 'class' that has a special ability. Working together with friends complimenting each other is CRUCIAL. This is not a team deathmatch game. Depending on your operators class armor you can go down in miliseconds. Headshots are instant kills.

It feels like counterstrike in close quarters. Always 5 v 5. Soundesign is the best I have ever seen in a fps. Rounds are tense! Its hard to explain without playing yourself

There is nothing cooler than shouting 'NOW!' and 4 of your friends explode charged simultaneously, put föashbangs inside a room and shoot people while you rapell from a wall upside down. And in this game its not scripted, you can do it all the time.

Welp, I can't believe I'm saying this but it looks like I'll not be purchasing at least one 2015 AAA title. :(

Riskbreaker

Eh, something about reviews like this one really irks me.
Seems like all these YT reviewers are for some reason intent on ignoring what singleplayer component of classic games really was when claiming how this is a "throwback to Red Storm originals" (line repeated few times in that video, in case you wonder). I'm sorry but, without even going into this game's particulars, 99% multiplayer focused game isn't a "triumphant return" of Rainbow Six, nor can it ever be one.

That guy already did a pretty decent video on Rainbow Six series, so I'm really disappointed to see that this video is as one-sided in proclaiming this to be a proper return as any other I saw so far.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Seems like all these YT reviewers are for some reason intent on ignoring what singleplayer component of classic games really was when claiming how this is a "throwback to Red Storm originals" (line repeated few times in that video, in case you wonder). I'm sorry but, without even going into this game's particulars, 99% multiplayer focused game isn't a "triumphant return" of Rainbow Six, nor can it ever be one.

That guy already did a pretty decent video on Rainbow Six series, so I'm really disappointed to see that this video is as one-sided in proclaiming this to be a proper return as any other I saw so far.

He says that it has elements that are a throwback, not that the entirety of the game is a throwback. I mean, he outright calls it a Counter-Strike clone.

Superuser

Educated

Just look past the title and take it as its own game. It's just a name. It's not like it carries on a story or anything, it can be whatever it wants.

Silva

Arcane
It's in Ubi discount right now (33% off). How is it nowdays ? I'm tempted to get it but I've found the action on videos too fast. I wish it was more paced somehow like I remember from old R6 games. But maybe in actual play it feels good, don't know.

Cadmus

Arcane

Agreed, SWAT 4 was amazing.

In case you were speaking of this piece of shit, I will never ever touch any fucking hackjob like this where there's a constant stream of shit data on your HUD with key prompts, shining teammates and other shit like that in case you were a brain damaged 12 year old.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
It's in Ubi discount right now (33% off). How is it nowdays ? I'm tempted to get it but I've found the action on videos too fast. I wish it was more paced somehow like I remember from old R6 games. But maybe in actual play it feels good, don't know.

Well if you like multiplayer games, then go for it. If have someone to play it with you, then form a "squad" and go for it.

I have buyed it on Febuary, and I am still having a blast it with. It's a really great shooter, with very small but very well designed maps and truely good gameplay. From what I have so far played tops CS, BF4 and anyother shooter nowadays.

Also the action isn't fast. The matches are actually slow, but deeply tense because 2-3 shoots and you are dead. So must be really careful, pacient and think, or else you lose/die before having any time to react. Teamplay is very important, that's why playing it someone you know it always better, but from the macthes I have played alone the community is... not bad (they don't reach a cancerious level of CoD or CS) and don't scream at the mic or play like douchebags.

If you are going to buy it, then do it from this site: https://www.instant-gaming.com
Besides being really cheap it's also safe. I bought my key from here. But that's up to you.

Silva

Arcane
Ok, got it in the discount but could only play now. I'm finding it pretty interesting, but it's more arcadish elements are bothering me a little: too little rounds (3 ?) that swap between offense and defense wildly and make it difficult to get accustomed to each side or the map overall; random spawn entry points (where are my beautiful maps and plans from original r6???), rounds too short (4 min ?); some animations seem too fast and unrealistic (reloading, firing during rappel, etc). The game has definite strengths on the tactical department, but it looks marred by a degree of popamoleness. Right now it seems 50-50 on the hardcore-popamole scale.

Does the Ranked matches change that somehow ? (I can only play on Casual until I reach level 20 it seems) And is it expected that future expansions improve the game's tactical/hardcore aspect ?

Silva

Arcane
In case you were speaking of this piece of shit, I will never ever touch any fucking hackjob like this where there's a constant stream of shit data on your HUD with key prompts, shining teammates and other shit like that in case you were a brain damaged 12 year old.
Huh.. there is a Hardcore HUD mode that takes out all that info. I'm playing with it right now and it makes the game much more realistic (and hard hehe).

Silva

Arcane
What are your favorite operators ? Me, it's Ding Chav.. I mean Glaz. :D

I'm still learning how to play him but last mission an opponent with him simply massacred my entire team from outside windows in the plane map.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom