Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rainbow 6 Siege - Now with 60 years old Sam Fisher

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Has the hit detection improved or is it just me? Game feels less janky these past few days.

Blackbeard nerf has caused everyone to stop picking him, so I don't have to rush to pick him now. The fact that he's still playable (further) proves how unbelievably broken he was.
They did change it so getting hit in the arms deals as much damage as torso shots, meaning your damage output is much more consistent when aiming towards the torso

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk

Leechmonger

Arbiter
I think it was the Red Crow (nip operator) update which added that

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk

Ok thanks, that's probably not it then since I played right when that patch came out and quit in frustration a couple days later. So either something changed behind the scenes or I did something to improve performance on my PC.

Ebonsword

Arcane
Anyone else playing this mostly solo?

I picked it up yesterday during the Steam sale because I got a lot of mileage out of the Terrorist Hunt mode in previous Rainbow Six games. But, man, Terrorist Hunt in this game is really kicking my ass!

I'm sure part of it is just because I'm not familiar with the maps yet, but those goddamn bomber dudes aren't helping either!

Anyone care to provide a few tips? Any particular Operators I should be using? :shittydog:

sullynathan

Arcane
Anyone else playing this mostly solo?

I picked it up yesterday during the Steam sale because I got a lot of mileage out of the Terrorist Hunt mode in previous Rainbow Six games. But, man, Terrorist Hunt in this game is really kicking my ass!

I'm sure part of it is just because I'm not familiar with the maps yet, but those goddamn bomber dudes aren't helping either!

Anyone care to provide a few tips? Any particular Operators I should be using? :shittydog:
T hunt is hard solo especially on the harder difficulties

Ebonsword

Arcane
Okay, I finally managed to beat a Lone Wolf Terrorist Hunt mission today.

I set up the options so that I just kept playing the same mission over and over (and over and over and over and over....seriously, it took me about fifty tries to beat it, and I'm not even exaggerating).

I experimented with Glaz, IQ, Sledge, and Twitch (as those were the only Operators I've unlocked so far).

I normally love snipers, but Glaz I stopped using pretty quickly because he just can't seem to put out enough DPS when a Bomber charges him. Also, his special power seems pretty worthless since everyone can put an ACOG scope on their weapon, which makes them a fairly decent sniper.

IQ is much better as far as DPS. Her G8A1 light machine gun can put out a ton of fire and has a fairly big clip (but you, oddly, seem to get a lot fewer total rounds compared to other automatic weapons). I ultimately stopped using her, though, for three reasons. The first is that her special power seems to suck (at least for Terrorist Hunt), since it's pretty easy to spot the nitro bombs the terrorists use. The second is that her light armor didn't seem to be doing much for my survivability. The third is that her secondary gadget choices aren't that great. Breaching charges are useful, but I'd much rather have some kind of grenade for taking out entrenched enemies. And while IQ gets stun grenades, I'd much rather have frag grenades that actually kill people outright.

Speaking of frag grenades, that's why I started using Sledge. I started to make it a lot farther in missions once I started using him. Because of his special power, you can breach walls while still having frag grenades, which is a pretty great combination. One downside, though, is that because you're right up against the wall when you breach it, it's pretty easy to get shot if there are enemies on the other side. Also, while his L85A2 assault rifle is pretty good, I was still having trouble killing Bombers quickly.

Which is why I ultimately started using Twitch. Her F2 assault rifle fires something like 300 rounds a minute faster than Sledge's L85A2. Of all the weapons I tried, it seemed to be the one best able to take out Bombers. What really made her my go-to choice, though, was discovering how awesome claymores are. A lot of times in Terrorist Hunt, I would get killed because an enemy would flank me or come up behind me. Good use of claymores can *drastically* reduce the chances of that happening. I originally thought they kind of sucked because you can only spawn with one--but spawning with one doesn't mean you can only carry one. If you find a weapon crate, you can lay a claymore, go to the weapon crate, refill your ammo, and then go pick back up the first claymore. I haven't experimented to see if there's a limit to how many how can carry at once, but I've had as many as four.

So, on my winning playthrough, things basically went like this:

(1) Pick a spawn point close to an ammo crate and close to the far end of the map (that way, you can expect almost all of the enemies to be in front of you--you don't want them coming from both sides at once).

(2) Scout using your drone.

(3) Identify the first group of enemies and tag them with the drone.

(4) Shoot them, preferably through a wall (the tag marker from the drone can be immensely helpful in telling you where to aim).

(5) Be prepared for all Hell to break loose. Seriously, this is the point I would die about 75% of the time. It seems like about six or seven enemies will immediately come running, including both Bombers. So, try to find someplace relatively defensible to run to after you kill your first terrorists. You probably won't have had a chance yet to load up on claymores, so try to make good use of the one you spawned with.

(6) If you survived #5 with at least 50% health, things are looking pretty good. Now it's mostly just a matter of scouting with the drone, identifying enemies, and covering your flanks with lots and lots of claymores. When scouting with the drone, *always* make sure you hide yourself away someplace with claymores covering every approach. While, after the first wave, the remaining enemies mostly stay in their original location, once in a while, they decide to go exploring, and you are *very* vulnerable when scouting with the drone.

(7) BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN YOU GET DOWN TO FOUR ENEMIES! When you get down to three enemies, those last three will rush you. So, when you have four enemies left, think through where you want to make your last stand.

(8) If you think you're going to be well-rewarded for all of this effort, you're going to be disappointed. I think I earned a massive 140 Renown on my winning playthrough.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I would recommend that you unlock Rook ASAP as he's the most useful defensive operator(his "gadget" is useful 100% of the time) and consider getting Mute as secondary priority defensive operator(he pairs well with Castle and his barricades). Thermite and Thatcher are also top priority for attack(thermite breaches reinforced walls and thatcher disables any bandit batteries or Mute jammers preventing Thermite from using his charges).

RE: Twitch, I like using the flash suppressor on her rifle and switching to burst fire, very accurate and fast firing.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
New update is out:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/01...te-5-3-detailed-makes-changes-custom-lobbies/
Rainbow Six Siege Update 5.3 Detailed; Makes Changes to Custom Lobbies and More
%7B%22c%22%3A%22dtb%22%2C%22src%22%3A3308%2C%22kvmismatch%22%3A1%2C%22pubReturnedKey%22%3A%22a3x2p12%22%2C%22aaxReturnedKeys%22%3A%5B%22a7x9p14%22%2C%22a9x2p14%22%2C%22a1x6p9%22%2C%22vp1%22%5D%2C%22cb%22%3A5036230%2C%22u%22%3A%22www.dualshockers.com%252F2017%252F01%252F11%252Frainbow-six-siege-update-5-3-detailed-makes-changes-custom-lobbies%252F%22%2C%22ua%22%3A%22Mozilla%252F5.0%2520(Windows%2520NT%252010.0%253B%2520WOW64)%2520AppleWebKit%252F537.36%2520(KHTML%252C%2520like%2520Gecko)%2520Chrome%252F55.0.2883.87%2520Safari%252F537.36%22%7D

Today, Ubisoft released the full patch notes for Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege update 5.3, which is set to go live tomorrow on all platforms, January 11th.

The first major update since mid-December’s sizable update, is sadly not that exciting, and mostly just addresses a slab of bugs. However, there is one new feature: in custom lobbies, the host can now pause proceedings while players select their Operator.

Below, you can check out the full patch notes:

Rainbow Six Siege Update 5.3 Patch Notes
Pause Button in Custom Lobby During Operator Selection Phase
We have added a Pause button to the UI that will allow the host of a Player-hosted lobby to pause the match during the Operator Selection phase.

To utilize this functionality, the host will need to press [End]/[Start+D-Pad Up] to stop the timer. Press the button again to resume the timer.

Gameplay
  • Fixed – Barricade pieces remain stuck in place if hit from a perpendicular angle.
  • Fixed – In rare instances, a drone is able to use a dead Attacker’s shield to move the Defuser.
  • Fixed – When deploying a reinforced wall, it is possible to pass through the reinforcement.
  • Fixed – Muzzle brake also hides the flash for side arms.
  • Fixed – When a shield user goes prone while attempting to use an observational tool (drone), the shield will stay equipped while prone.
  • Fixed – In some cases, clipping would cause an Operator’s shield to disappear. This would allow the Operator to be shot through their shield.
Operator
IQ

• Fixed – Dropping from any height while holding a breaching charge will make her sidearm invisible.
Tachanka

• Fixed – Shotgun pellet impacts do not remain on Tachanka’s LMG Shield.
  • Fixed – After destroying the LMG Shield, it will reappear for a few frames.
Hibana

• Fixed – Getting kills with Hibana will not count towards and SAT Weekly Challenge.
Echo

• Fixed – Getting kills with Echo will not count towards and SAT Weekly Challenge.
  • Fixed – Yokai drones will sometimes hit an invisible wall when jumping through door ways.
  • Fixed – Yokai drones will sometimes hit an invisible wall when jumping in 2F Geisha Room on Skyscraper.
Fuze

• Fixed – Cluster Charges destroy gadgets without destroying breakable floors.
Valkyrie

• Fixed – Black Eye’s remain floating in mid-air when thrown at a broken barricade.
Frost

• Fixed – When a trap is placed on an elevated surface, it will trigger even without vaulting onto it.
Blackbeard

• Fixed – Corrupted animation when equipping a second rifle shield after the first was destroyed.
Twitch

• Fixed – Sound effects from her Shock Drone’s taser does not propagate as intended.
Jager

• Fixed – In some instances, Jager’s Magpie devices do not react to Hibana’s pellets.
Kapkan

• Fixed – Player’s controller will not vibrate when killed by an EDD.
Game Mode
Bomb

• Fixed – Players are unable to see who has the Defuser, drop it, or pick it up on Favela.
Hostage

• Fixed – Hostage is not able to be revived if the Hostage goes DBNO and clips with the Kitchen Table.
Tactical Realism

• Fixed – Operators with “launcher gadgets” (Hibana and Ash) do not have feedback when reloading.
Spectator Camera

• Fixed – When a spectator joins a match in progress, they will not be able to see Tachanka’s LMG Shield.
  • Fixed – Following a player outside, they player can sometimes become invisible to the Spectator.
Level Design
Bartlett University

• Fixed – Missing camera in Vista Hallway.
  • Fixed – Tachanka has invisible bullet collision at the entrance of 1F Lobby.
Kafe Dostoyevsky

• Fixed – Users remain stuck in a vaulting animation after vaulting through the 2F Back Stairs window.
Kanal

• Fixed – Operators are able to vault through wooden panels and clip inside of a wall.
User Experience
  • Fixed – The shield on Tachanka’s LMG is offset during Kill Cam replays.

• Fixed – The shield on Tachanka’s LMG is not visible in Support Mode after switching between Tachanka and another Operator.

• Fixed – Dud range on Hibana’s X-Kairos launcher is still visible for other players, even after it has been turned off.

• Fixed – Melee kills are displayed as headshots in the kill feed.

• Fixed – Bandit’s Shock Wire kills are displayed as headshots in the kill feed.

• Fixed – Kill Camera will sometimes pass through walls.

• Fixed – In some instances, Operators appear to have raptor legs in the Kill Cam.

• Fixed – When a player is kicked from a Casual match, they are still able to rejoin it.

• Fixed – When a player is kicked from a Ranked match, they are able to rejoin the same match if it is still running after their 15 minute ban is

Durandal

Arcane
I was scared Battleye had gone rampant and was banning accounts at random for a moment there
But there truly WAS such a large amount of christmas noobs who have turned to cheats in fits of frustration, only to be turned into pillars of salt by god's eye
jesus, to imagine how likely it was to be playing with a cheater before the banwave
all my respect:hero:

EDIT:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/5oju4q/update_on_the_ban_wave/
seems like Ubi was banning people for altering the game files to get season passes early
it might sound Jewish, but you'd be a moron to expect anything else (don't buy season passes though)

Last edited:

Durandal

Arcane
Is she a defender?
What makes you think that? Jackal is the obvious roamer defender.
I thought Jackal would be an attacker to sniff out roaming defenders, as it'd be redundant to have Pulse and Jackal both be defenders, whereas it'd be also redundant for Mira and Hibana to both be attackers.
What I'd like to know is if that window can be shot through.

EDIT:
STgRYN9.png

Oy vey!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom