Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rainbow 6 Siege - Now with 60 years old Sam Fisher

sullynathan

Arcane
I heard that people were butthurt because now they can't smash noobs in casual, how true is this?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sometimes, quality wins: http://www.githyp.com/rainbow-six-sieges-playerbase-has-more-than-tripled-since-launch/

RAINBOW SIX: SIEGE’S PLAYERBASE HAS MORE THAN TRIPLED SINCE LAUNCH
Concurrent Players Now Up 3X and at One Point as High as 5X

Over the past year, Ubisoft has seen drastic drop-offs in the playerbases for almost all of their popular new releases. As we first reported last June, the most shocking of these declines was their best-selling game ever, The Division, losing 93% of its players in just the first 3 months. And since then, we’ve seen Watch Dogs 2, For Honor, and Ghost Recon: Wildlands all follow the same trend.

However, the same cannot be said about Ubisoft’s competitive shooter, Rainbow Six: Siege, which has seen its playerbase triple (even quintuple at one point) in size since its launch back in December 2015.

Unlike Ubisoft’s more recent top 2016 and 2017 titles, Siege didn’t have the strongest debut when it peaked at 12k players over its first weekend. This lead to Ubisoft being quick to announce a 40% spike in players right after releasing the “Skull Rain” DLC last August… a number which quickly fell back down as the game struggled in its early days to build a fanbase.

Rainbow-6-Siege-Year-2-Player-Count-Graph.gif

Rainbow Six: Siege’s Average Player Count per Hour via GitHyp

But Ubisoft’s continued support of Siege with new content, balance updates, price reductions, and free weekend promotions have all contributed to the game’s growth. The developer’s big Year 2 “Operation: Velvet Shell” update combined with a free-to-play weekend back in February brought in a new record high of 65k concurrent players – a number large enough to also help Siege break into Steam’s top 5 most played games for the first time.

Since that record-setting weekend, Siege’s numbers have slightly declined, but Rainbow Six’s future still looks bright for both Ubisoft and fans. Recent player counts are on average higher than they ever were before the Velvet Shell update. And Siege is constantly in Steam’s top 10 most played games with peaks around 40k concurrent players and averages around 30k players per hour each weekend.

With an upcoming Steam Summer Sale, where the game is surely to be discounted even further, and plenty of new content on the way (as Ubisoft has shared with the Year Two Roadmap) Rainbow Six: Siege’s playerbase is expected to show even more growth in the near future.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Matchmaking speed has improved, but there's still some janky ass shit going on with the hit detection, especially when players have poor ping. Have a 3 speed operator who has 200+ ping playing against you? Good luck, he is going to destroy you.

Also the average gameplay (I guess you could say the meta) has become more COD-like. Lot of aggression, 3-speed operators rushing in quick as fuck, dropshotting etc.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Nice, haven't played during Operation Health, hopefully the game is in an even better state now.

Operation Health was kinda weird. They ostensibly improved matchmaking, but while it's much faster now, I still regularly play with players significantly better (or worse) than myself leading to lopsided matches. You couldn't convince me that they can't find a wide enough skill range of players from the 35 thousand plus people online at any given time (and that's just through Steam) to create better matches. Additionally, the promised server improvements haven't gone through yet. I'd advocate patience before returning. I think Operation Health was a necessary evil, but it's also been six months without any new content or significant patching to show for it.

Deflowerer

Arcane
I'll get Ela because Poland. Wondering if her and Lesion will be enough to deter speed 3 rushers.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Leaked shots from Operation: White Noise of one of the upcoming Korean operators from the 707th Special Mission Battalion (which is the only SF unit in the game that actually has women in it IRL AFAIK) and the Polish GROM attack operator, which is incidentally a woman, making the Polish GROM the first faction that's a taco fest (Polish men can't hack it apparently).

Korean OP

1e96nCW.jpg

Polish Attack OP

w5dikWd.jpg

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Awesome. Must say every map this game has, is really well designed. This one is looking great.

However it does seem to be bigger than any other map, which at least for me is a problem since I think big maps like the last one don't favor Siege's match type. This as to do mainly to the fact the attackers have 3 measy minutes to complete the objective, that bigger maps make things a lot easier for defenders who lurk (a tatic that has been increasing a lot and it's fucking annoying) and just really favors a handfull of classes to be played with.

That's why my favourite maps are House, Hereford Base and Oregon. They are compact, easy to navigate with a lot of acesses/shortcuts, memorable and "fair" for both teams and all classes.

Also, I am fucking sick of grinding for the new operators. It's this game's second worst aspect (the first is the fact this game belongs to Ubishit). This shit is unberable and sucks the fun out of it. 5 fucking hours of play (this is if you win almost every ranked match and have at least some 7 kills per match) to be able to unlock a new operator is tedious bullshit.
Of cource I understand this is Ubishit way of having an excuse to have micro-transactions.

Last edited:

Deflowerer

Arcane
Yeah, I think especially now with trap heavy meta, the timer should be 4 minutes at least. Maybe matches will be longer, but give even more renown for being in ranked then.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Thatcher was worthwhile since day one. Every time I play with my friends in almost every attack round one of us brings Thatcher and Thermite/Hibana. He's gadget is extremly essencial.

Like that IQ has been given some subtle buffs. However she's still a very underrated operator. I really enjoy playing with her. She's very fast and all of her main weapons are better than most other attack characters plus she has frag grenades.

Now I've just comeback from playing a bit and fuck me I got salty.

First match I was playing in the Border map and the defender's objective was in the 1st floor (that room with the 2 glass windows), so I've decided to enter the building from the 2nd floor on the other side of the building. I was rapelling, destroyed part of the window, sent a drone to scout quick, coast was clear so I move in and enter, walk 2 steps and get handicaped by a Caveira that just appered out of fucking nowhere from behind. How!?

Second match. Map was Oregon. The objective was in the Tower division of the map. Luckly I managed to switch spawn locations to the main entrance (because my drone got shoot). 7 seconds into the match 1 of my teammates dies from a sniper up in the tower (this is something I already come to expect when playing in this map that why I always check the tower). Anyway, the main entrance is furthest point in that building away from the tower. Still I decide that the main door was to much a risk, so I go for a door some 7 meters to the left of it, a much more discrete entrance. The moment I was about to destroy the barricade I get blown to kingdom come by a shotgun. And surprise surprise, it was a Pulse that was coincidentally just passing by with the motion sensor.

EDIT: So I am close to unlocking a new operator. Who should I pick? Ela, Hibana, Valkerye, Jackal, the other Jap, one of the canadians, one of the brazileans or one of the chinese?

Last edited:

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Thatcher was worthwhile since day one. Every time I play with my friends in almost every attack round one of us brings Thatcher and Thermite/Hibana. He's gadget is extremly essencial.

Like that IQ has been given some subtle buffs. However she's still a very underrated operator. I really enjoy playing with her. She's very fast and all of her main weapons are better than most other attack characters plus she has frag grenades.

Now I've just comeback from playing a bit and fuck me I got salty.

First match I was playing in the Border map and the defender's objective was in the 1st floor (that room with the 2 glass windows), so I've decided to enter the building from the 2nd floor on the other side of the building. I was rapelling, destroyed part of the window, sent a drone to scout quick, coast was clear so I move in and enter, walk 2 steps and get handicaped by a Caveira that just appered out of fucking nowhere from behind. How!?

Second match. Map was Oregon. The objective was in the Tower division of the map. Luckly I managed to switch spawn locations to the main entrance (because my drone got shoot). 7 seconds into the match 1 of my teammates dies from a sniper up in the tower (this is something I already come to expect when playing in this map that why I always check the tower). Anyway, the main entrance is furthest point in that building away from the tower. Still I decide that the main door was to much a risk, so I go for a door some 7 meters to the left of it, a much more discrete entrance. The moment I was about to destroy the barricade I get blown to kingdom come by a shotgun. And surprise surprise, it was a Pulse that was coincidentally just passing by with the motion sensor.

EDIT: So I am close to unlocking a new operator. Who should I pick? Ela, Hibana, Valkerye, Jackal, the other Jap, one of the canadians, one of the brazileans or one of the chinese?
Oh I've always been a Thatcher user, especially when paired up with a Thermite or Hibby.

Valk and/or Hibby are my recommendations, their abilities benefit the team as a whole pretty well (I'd even go as far to say that Valk is second only to Rook for defenders).

Iirc, to address a comment earlier in the thread, the Polish map hasn't actually been cancelled. I believe it was just pushed back into 2018.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Valk is good if you have good map knowledge. And sucks when team mates are stupid and keep tagging the enemy with it, instead of communicating. Tagging, with cameras, drones and valk cams should only be done when there's a real high pressure situation like last 30 seconds of the match.

I recommend Hibana, she's pretty much my main . The rifle is great for sniping from afar and is good in close combat as well (although have to be careful with the magazine size). She's fast (3 speed) and the pellets are extremely versatile: you can blow hatches, reinforced hatches, reinforced walls (especially if you make a small hole adjacent to the ground, you can actually rush in very fast if you run towards the opening and go prone as you hit the wall).

Ela is now my main on defensive. She's such a good roamer and incredible great for clutching in the end with her 50 bullet magazine size on the rifle. Requires some map awareness for maximum effectiveness, but even if you semi-anchor you can get some good mileage out of her.

My favorite operator is still Glaz though, and he was even before they decided to go for the yellow filter. Unfortunately, not very viable in ranked, especially with the current map rotation, since he's best at Hereford Base, Plane, and House. Only problem is that you sort of need a semi competent team that doesn't die seconds into the round, as with Glaz you're best as a supporter, patiently holding key lanes. The unfortunate scenario is when you are the last one alive and have to push alone against 4 people. Although once I had an amusing situation where I happened to be against 4 people in Chalet, and was camping outside. At least three of the enemy players came outside to kill me because they thought the game is pretty much won, and I managed to pick off all three of them, eventually pushing to the objective and killing the last guy there as well. Basically Glaz rewards patience, and I like that.

Problem with IQ is that whoever picks her has to be the entry fragger and also good communicator. It doesn't really help if you see that there's Ela's mine above the window if you can't shoot it and can't communicate the fact that there is one mine there.

Also any Codex players, send me a PM with your Ubi username if you want to play together at some point. I'm an Europoor, so mainly play on Jewro evenings.

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I am indecised between Ela, Hibana, Valk, Frost, Jackal and Capitão.

Ela even with the lastest nerf is still OP as hell. Does she have an ACOG sight?

Hibana is pretty good for obvious reasons.

Valkerye has a cool gadget but I dont do well with shotguns in this game.

I been meaning to get Frost since she came out, her weapons seem good and her gadget would definitivly help me a lot.

Jackal seems to posses good weapons, mobility, armor and that gadget seems like a godsend against those disgunting lurkers.

Capitão is just because he has a big fucking gun, with a gadget that seems just perfect to clear a packed room and is a very underused operator.

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
No ACOG for Ela. She's p OP, though, yeah.

Valk's mpx is decent enough, I quite like it. High rate of fire and the recoil isn't terrible.

Frost is somewhat waifu-tier, I love the smg she has. Her welcome mat is less useful - you'll either catch people not paying attention when they back into a dark corner or you won't hit anyone at all. Her gadget is best against new players. I struggle to get welcome mat injures personally but maybe I'm just shit.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Ela doesn't have an ACOG but you don't really need it.

Frost is so-so. I personally like her rifle or whatever the shit that is, but mats are pretty much the least effective traps in general, unless you are clever with their placements and even then don't count on it at all. If they are placed behind a shield, good players will shoot it mid-leap. Best bet is to put it somewhere where you expect someone to approach while they have their iron sight up so they don't notice the welcome mat.

Have no experience with Jackal.

Capitao's gun has a pretty nasty recoil. I've found him best on hostage maps: shoot the smoke arrows to make a path from hostage to (preferrably) entrance/exit window, grab the hostage and run the fuck out. People will be hesitant to shoot in the smoke because they could hurt the hostage that way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom