Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Random JRPG News Thread

Nomad_Blizz

Arcane
From what I've heard, Lightning Returns is the weakest of the 3 games in the FF XIII trilogy. We should be asking for a steam port of FF VI and FF IX that's not priced over $10.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I hear it's great, actually, and from what I've read about it, it sounds really cool mechanics-wise.

Odd, since everyone and their grandmother seems to like to rag on XIII as a whole. But I think it was made by Tri-Ace so there could be some interesting mechanics here or there.

The story/setting/characters all look batshit insane to me though.

But, it didn't even come out in 2015.

It hasn't come out yet, true. But I have faith.

You're just gonna keep pretending consoles don't exist, eh?

Martius

Liturgist
http://ideafintl.com/beta.php
If anyone is interested in pc version of Fairy Fencer F you can sing up for closed beta. Looks like all testers will receive steam key for game itself when it will be released.

Last edited:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
We have to wait until 2016 for Bravely Second?

Motherfuckers!!!

Executr

Cipher
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/08/square-enix-japan-developing-new-front-mission-game/

New Front Mission Game Being Developed By Square Enix Japan

Star Ocean isn’t the only series Square Enix is bringing back. Siliconera has learned from a source at Square Enix that a new Front Mission game is in development.

The game is being developed by Square Enix Japan along with former Armored Core producer Toshifumi Nabeshima. Nabeshima moved from FromSoftware where he created Chromehounds for Sega and Armored Core V to Square Enix.

While the Front Mission series started off as a sci-fi strategy RPG series, the most recent game, Front Mission Evolved, was an Armored Core-like mecha battling game developed by Double Helix.

Suicidal

Arcane
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/08/square-enix-japan-developing-new-front-mission-game/

Star Ocean isn’t the only series Square Enix is bringing back. Siliconera has learned from a source at Square Enix that a new Front Mission game is in development.

The game is being developed by Square Enix Japan along with former Armored Core producer Toshifumi Nabeshima. Nabeshima moved from FromSoftware where he created Chromehounds for Sega and Armored Core V to Square Enix.

While the Front Mission series started off as a sci-fi strategy RPG series, the most recent game, Front Mission Evolved, was an Armored Core-like mecha battling game developed by Double Helix.

Inb4 it's revealed to be an ARPG, or a shooter or a racing game or whatever.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron

I guess we soon discover if Front Mission fans join Breath of Fire fans in weeping after their favorite franchise when it becomes yet another series turned to mobile gaming.

Tales of Zestiria has been confirmed on Steam.

Now that's interesting if it turns out to be true. One less reason to own consoles, I guess.

Executr

Cipher
It's probably just another FM Evolved, seeing as they're working with a former Armored Core producer.

LJ40

Cipher
Those dickheads just need to continue the main KH franchise and forget the damn side games already. Has anyone played the side games and are they any good? I've got 1.5 and 2.5 but can't bring myself to play anything other than the two main games.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Now I'm really glad I put off buying it for Vita. At least it's going to be an actual PS4 port this time around.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Wonder if soul sacrifice delta will get the same treatment.

I doubt it. Kiwami for PC is most likely only happening because the PS4 version of the game exists, unlike with original Toukiden. Same thing why we're getting FF Type-0, probably. Remaking a strictly portable game for PC release would be a stretch.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Square Enix's E3 teaser trailer apparently uses remixed Chrono Trigger music and hints at some new, currently super secret announcements, so ppl are speculating about a possible Chrono Trigger HD remake.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
50 brofists says if it is CT, it'll be a 3D remake that has none of the charm of the original.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom