Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Random JRPG News Thread

ChaDargo

Arcane

Out of nowhere.

Okay so... wtf is with these requirements? lol

• Processor: Intel Core i3 2.3GHz
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: INTEL HD Graphics 530
  • Storage: 2 GB available space

And it looks horrible, which is quite the achievement. Apparently a bad port of a mobile version?

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Brace yourself for a port of the PSP version... that is, mobile port of the game. If there was justice we would finally be getting a Hrist game.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I wouldn't mind the port of the PSP version if they do it correctly, not garbage like the SNES FF and Chrono Trigger direct from mobile ports.

The original Valkyrie Profile alongside Star Ocean 1 + 2 are among the best out of tri-Ace titles. None of tri-Ace works after could arguably match the aforementioned games.

Will buy it so long it is not a garbage port.

Viata

Arcane
I hope it's VP 3: Hrist
vukEz40.png

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Another turn-based Touhou fangame from Japan, but without English support:

ss_15782afead7e49b77749dfa17f342071b0f6fb01.600x338.jpg

Looks like this will be getting English support via fan translation: http://steamcommunity.com/games/806720/announcements/detail/1665641338423834461

I have released beta version for localization developers.

Many duplicated strings in Localization.json has been removed so that translators can edit the file efficiently now.

Refer to this GitHub Repository.
https://github.com/enue/game20_localization/tree/develop

Is there a codex consensus on Valkyrie Profile 2 and Covenant of the Plume? I remember trying VP2 for a few hours back in the day but I could just not get into it. The protagonist paled in comparison to Lenneth and I wasn't crazy about the combat system compared to the simpler systems of its predecessor. There was also some uncanny valley vibes from how characters would blankly stare off into space in cutscenes. Still, I've always wondered if I made up my mind about the game too quickly.

Falksi

Arcane
Is there a codex consensus on Valkyrie Profile 2 and Covenant of the Plume? I remember trying VP2 for a few hours back in the day but I could just not get into it. The protagonist paled in comparison to Lenneth and I wasn't crazy about the combat system compared to the simpler systems of its predecessor. There was also some uncanny valley vibes from how characters would blankly stare off into space in cutscenes. Still, I've always wondered if I made up my mind about the game too quickly.

I quit VP2 after around 6 hours too. It just played bad IMO, and wasn't fun at all.

lightbane

Arcane
Covenant of the Plume is okay. Story is interesting and there are proper C&C and multiple paths, but it becomes clear very quickly which one is the "best" ending. Nevertheless, it lets you do quite evil stuff IIRC, but don't expect another FFT here.

Viata

Arcane
Covenant of the Plume is okay. Story is interesting and there are proper C&C and multiple paths, but it becomes clear very quickly which one is the "best" ending. Nevertheless, it lets you do quite evil stuff IIRC, but don't expect another FFT here.
It has a great concept, imo. But too many game over for being evil, sadly.

jungl

Augur
the ds Valkyrie profile worth playing. I think its way better then FFT then again I'm in the minority apparently that thinks FFT is actually the the worst tsrpg besides phantom brave I played. Games like vanguard bandits and hog of wars were far more entertaining.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
A future Switch purchase is likely to happen in 2019 in stead of 2022.

Octopath Traveler has a WW release date: July 13.

For people that speak Japanese, SaGa Scarlet Grace is also coming to Switch. A localization seems likely, now.

Expon

Scholar
A future Switch purchase is likely to happen in 2019 in stead of 2022.

Octopath Traveler has a WW release date: July 13.

For people that speak Japanese, SaGa Scarlet Grace is also coming to Switch. A localization seems likely, now.

XArfglp.png
:bounce::bounce::bounce: Assuming it's still doesn't get a translation (unlikely as it's coming to steam) I can at least translate the mobiles versions.

Edit: not a straight of port. It will be an enhanced version called saga scarlet grace ambition of scarlet, and will have new music, bosses, characters and probably might remove that super weird loading screen during combat.

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom