Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Random JRPG News Thread

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The Neverland spinoffs they did were at least good for what they were, everything else has been complete garbage aside from the original games before Camelot got screwed over by Sega.
We didn't even get most of the games over here, so I'm not sure how you can even make that statement.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I mean, this latest one is a dating sim, apparently. Feel free to play it seven times and prove me wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's shit.

Siveon

Bot
I mean, this latest one is a dating sim, apparently. Feel free to play it seven times and prove me wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's shit.
I like to give games the benefit of the doubt until I hear otherwise from someone I trust/makes a good sounding point. As far as I can tell it plays like a Tales game but you can turn into a dragon. Romance or no I have to commend that in some fashion.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Join the trashcan knight, Dustin Binsley, as he fights his way through the Five and Half Kingdoms of the Dump. Rescue the trashpicked King, defeat the totally disgusting Toxic Grimelin Army and prevent the Lands of Fill from an all-out war!

Accompanied by your best friend Ratavia, embark on a perilous quest from the Trashmounds of Garbagia to the Faucet Falls of Detergeos. Brave dank, dangerous dungeons, face-off against fearsome, filthy foes, and build a party tough enough to tackle the toxic threat!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I think it's likely that Western release announcement will include PC release. Bamco these days release all sorts of anime games on PC simultaneously, so why not for Digimon?

(And I hope they retroactively release previous Digimon games on PC, like they did with Sword Art Online games.)

Yes, Chinese release announcement of Digimon Survive has PC version:

West release announcement will likely follow.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The next game in the Atelier series will be a character best-of with town building and the protagonist isn't an alchemist:

Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists: Atelier of a New Land

Players take on the role of Nelke, the newly appointed director of Vestbalt. Dreaming of the still unseen Grantzvite Tree, Nelke will revitalize the village’s naturally abundant land and work together with legendary alchemists to develop it significantly.

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/atelier/nelke/

CCMRsE1l.jpg

C1nRCZL.jpg

5kF52Jt.jpg

x4VMeJx.jpg

cnRiiR3.jpg

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
which are the atelier games that feature better combat, good difficulty and a male protag? i think it was the iris ones or something? it's the ones that didn't sell well.

Vorark

Erudite
Yes, Chinese release announcement of Digimon Survive has PC version:

Indeed.

Digimon Survive coming west for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC in 2019
https://gematsu.com/2018/07/digimon-survive-coming-west-for-ps4-xbox-one-switch-and-pc-in-2019

Digimon Survive is coming to the Americas and Europe for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam in 2019, publisher Bandai Namco announced.

In Japan, Digimon Survive will only be released for PlayStation 4 and Switch.

Here is an overview of the game, via Bandai Namco:

Celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Digimon anime, Digimon Survive presents a brand-new adventure set in a mysterious world with characters designed by Uichi Ukumo, and music by the much-acclaimed Tomoki Miyoshi.

Digimon Survive sees a brand-new group of teenagers, led by Takuma Momozuka, get lost on a school camping trip, finding them transported to a strange new world of monsters and danger.

As they fight their way back home through an animated world of difficult decisions and deadly battles, players’ choices throughout the game will impact the evolution of their monster allies, and the final ending. Battles in the game are fought in 2D, in a more classic SRPG style.

Further information about the game will be revealed soon.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
SRPG Studio is coming to Steam with English localization:

ss_b97d26ab971d1949d0f748e2644a76fdc1728530.600x338.jpg

You can create your games without knowing how to draw and program!
Do you think that you need professional knowledge to create a game? It's not true! In the SRPG Studio, SRPG basic system and various graphic materials are already prepared, so you don't have to do complicated things on your own. You can create your games just by setting up your original characters and scenarios!

Other players can also enjoy playing your games!
It is normal that you want to share your game with other people to play, not just for yourself. There is a functio
n of 'Project Release' in the SRPG Studio. You can always output your created games as files with that function. In addition, you can distribute your games as paid games.

You can use original materials!
It’s such fun if you can use your original graphics or music in your games. In the SRPG Studio, not only graphics and music, fonts and videos can also be built into your games!

Various functions satisfy advanced players!
The SRPG Studio is a native application and optimized for Windows OS, so the game performance is incredibly fast. The JavaScript is chosen as a script language and you can build up your own unique game system. In addition, the file export function is equipped so you can easily develop games together with graphic designers or scenario writers etc.

Special thanks:
Joshua (English native checker)

Siveon

Bot
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/08/06/square-enix-teasing-a-new-bravely-game-on-twitter/
image: http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Dj5yQnOUUAA4WCL_thumb.jpg

Square Enix is teasing a new game in the Bravely series from Square Enix Business Division 11. On the official Japanese Twitter account for the series, a new image and message was shared. In addition to again sharing a congratulations message celebrating one million copies being shipped, it showcases one of the Bravely series’ fairies’ shadows and suggests the next game the developer is working on is a part of that series.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2018/08/0...-bravely-game-on-twitter/#Y6cCw4fg8ziOV3Yv.99
Well I feel super fucking silly

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
Sweet baby Jesus!
https://gematsu.com/2018/08/langrisser-series-restart-countdown-website-launched
Langrisser series “restart” countdown website launched
Strategy RPG series has sold over one million units.

Chara-Ani Corporation has launched a Langrisser countdown website with 15 days on the clock teasing a “restart” for the series in 2018. The countdown will end on August 23 at 12:00 JST.
Langrisser is a strategy RPG series that has sold more than one million units worldwide. The first entry launched for Sega Genesis / Mega Drive in 1991.
It is worth noting that Famitsu‘s report on the launch of the teaser website categorizes it under “Console Games.”

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
is hyperdimension neptunia even good?

all of these moe-styled anime jrpgs seem to look and play exactly the same with only minor differences.

Archibald

Arcane
Sweet baby Jesus!
https://gematsu.com/2018/08/langrisser-series-restart-countdown-website-launched

Chara-Ani Corporation has launched a Langrisser countdown website with 15 days on the clock teasing a “restart” for the series in 2018. The countdown will end on August 23 at 12:00 JST.
Langrisser is a strategy RPG series that has sold more than one million units worldwide. The first entry launched for Sega Genesis / Mega Drive in 1991.
It is worth noting that Famitsu‘s report on the launch of the teaser website categorizes it under “Console Games.”

That part about it being a console game makes me cautiously optimistic, but we always might get what we got with Shining Force series for years...

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sweet baby Jesus!

Do you remember the 3DS game?

No?

Good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom