Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rape. (new image at official FO3 site)

Callaxes

Arbiter
Oh come on! You can do better then that at comedy, go read something on Aristofan and then come back here.

Okay the last sentence was a flame.

OverrideB1

Scholar
Imbecile said:
SA CS might allow a sloppy, bug ridden mess to be released - but lets face it a number of other games without CS's have fallen into that kind of category.
Imbecile is right -- with, or without, a construction set my money is on "bug-ridden mess". As rationale for this comment I offer you, ladies and gentlemen:

• Daggerfall -- brilliant game, bug-ridden mess
• Morrowind -- okay game, bug-ridden mess
• Oblivion -- meh game, bug-ridden mess

So, chances are fairly high that Pete Hines wasn't talking out of his arse-hole when he said that, in respect of FO3, they were going to do what they do best...

Callaxes

Arbiter
My mistake, his name is Aristophanes. He's basicly the father of comedy.

Callaxes said:
My mistake, his name is Aristophanes.

Ok. I`ll take a look. My recommendation is Soren Kierkegaard.

Callaxes said:
He's basicly the father of comedy.

Good point, and Liiam Neeson is the father of the Vault Dweller.

And no one even noticed that this was offtopic. :cool:

Callaxes

Arbiter
Is there realy anything left to discuss after 150 posts?

edit:

carrier_m.jpg

Zomg

Arbiter
Er, yeah, that's pretty damn good. It looks like something you'd see if the FO1 intro movie kept panning away from the TV. I don't see an angle to shit on it.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
The image defines the awesomeness of the PA genre. That studio has some really talented artists.

Surgey

Scholar
I think someone said it was Craig Mullins. It looks like his style too, and if it is him, they picked a good choice. Craig Mullins is amazing. Hmm... I sleuthed a bit, and I can't find anything linking Craig Mullins to the art. We'll just have to guess for now.

Quigs

Magister
Extremely good chance that its philadelphia. Cant think of another major city, with a deep enough river for such a ship, besides the deleware and philadelphia, which means, theres a good chance jersey is in FO2 :D hooray dirty jerzy

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Wow! I've been waiting for this. I've been wanting to mope about how the Codex tries to put a bad spin on -everything- about FO3, but lo, it doesn't!

Finally we can agree on one thing: That piece of concept art is nothing short of awesome. While I am not naive enough to believe FO3 will be a decent RPG, it does fill me at least with a tiny amount of hope that, perhaps, it will have the rich atmosphere of Morrowind in a Fallout setting, and the great joys of exploration that came with it.

User was nabbed fit

That's pretty fucking cool.

I bet there's phat l00t as hot as shit in that carrier!

Jasede said:
it does fill me at least with a tiny amount of hope that, perhaps, it will have the rich atmosphere of Morrowind in a Fallout setting, and the great joys of exploration that came with it.

That's what I'm hoping for... and, call me a heathen, but I'd be pretty happy with a game like that. =\

Mayday

Augur
Surgey said:
I think someone said it was Craig Mullins. It looks like his style too, and if it is him, they picked a good choice. Craig Mullins is amazing. Hmm... I sleuthed a bit, and I can't find anything linking Craig Mullins to the art. We'll just have to guess for now.

How about linking to his personal site?
http://www.goodbrush.com/

Being a somewhat artsy fag, I really enjoy this guy's work. And yes, he IS the guy behind the concept art for FO3.

DarkSign

Erudite
Pretty cool image for sure. I would have liked to have seen a little more customization though. It's definitely great artwork but what about it says Fallout and not just PA in general?

The bridge from skyscraper to ship is really good. If Im noticicing little shanty houses around the far side of it, then Im sold. That would be evidence that some group is living around the bottom of it.

Cant wait to see more.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
This picture is just awesome. Maybe it's not Fallout, maybe it's more like Jericho, but who cares, it's simply fantastic.

I wonder if it has something even remotely in common with the game, though.

obediah

Erudite
Sorry, I think it's kind of neat. But how did the Carrier get there, and what's holding it up? I'd like to seem some art with this sort of creativity, but with more life. Something where as soon as you see it, you know the artist picked a scenario for an attack and then let that scenario evolve through the aftermath to get to it's current state.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
obediah said:
Sorry, I think it's kind of neat. But how did the Carrier get there, and what's holding it up? I'd like to seem some art with this sort of creativity, but with more life. Something where as soon as you see it, you know the artist picked a scenario for an attack and then let that scenario evolve through the aftermath to get to it's current state.

That´s the same thing I tough. Perhaps a bomb was thrown into the sea, creating a tsunami that made the ship land there?

Rat Keeng

Liturgist
Quite a lot of tall buildings still standing, would this be normal after nukes and a couple centuries of decay?

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Rat Keeng said:
Quite a lot of tall buildings still standing, would this be normal after nukes and a couple centuries of decay?

Not this discussion again. There were tall buildings in the FO 1 intro aswell.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom