Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rape. (new image at official FO3 site)

DarkSign

Erudite
No need to apologize, Obe. I definitely think it's great work and is making me think the art direction is worthy of more than a little hope.

Callaxes

Arbiter
Come on guys! Do you realy want to lose 40 bucks again? Get off the hype train, artworks don't mean shit for the actual game.

Just look at Morrowind

mw_TAoM_p06.jpg

mw_TAoM_p10.jpg

mw_TAoM_p12.jpg

mw_TAoM_p19.jpg

mw_TAoM_p20.jpg

mw_TAoM_p07.jpg

mw_TAoM_p29.jpg

mw_TAoM_p14.jpg

Section8

Cipher
We're well aware of what the end product is likely to be, we're just giving credit where credit is due, and that aircraft carrier shot looks fucking awesome.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Callaxes said:
Come on guys! Do you realy want to lose 40 bucks again? Get off the hype train, artworks don't mean shit for the actual game.

Just look at Morrowind

That artwork has nice, alien architecture and a strange and foreign world.
Morrowind had nice, alien architecture and a strange and foreign world.

What the is your point?

Fez

Erudite
I bet that is right up there with the "air quotes" for you.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
If you mean in person, yeah, those can piss me off. In text quotes are useful if you want to set something off from the sentence where commas would not be appropriate or where you are using a word as a pseudo-proper noun where its place in the sentence might suggest otherwise.

Fez

Erudite
I do mean the ones done in person with fingers during a conversation.

Jim Kata

Arbiter
The aircraft carrier fucking retarded.

If it were on an ocean floor that had been somehow raised out of the ocean it would be cool, bit it aint so it's not.

dagorkan

Arbiter
I agree, the carrier is not 'kewl' it's retarded. It ruins the picture which is otherwise pretty good.

Zomg

Arbiter
I googled "nuclear bomb tsunami" to see if there was some kitsch Cold War tsunami nuke strategy. The first thing I clicked was a conspiracy theory that the Indonesian tsunami was caused by The Jews nuking the ocean.

K.

denizsi

Arcane

Sigh.. the first Morrowind material ever released, on an unsuspecting christmas night. Checking out Beth homepage out of custom and getting shocked with excitement.

obediah

Erudite
kingcomrade said:
You and bryce are both drama whores. It's a great picture. The hull of the carrier looks like its too tall but otherwise it's great.

As the great FO2 hater, I would expect you to be all over this. It has the same "might seem cool when you encounter it, but you'll be haunted at night with thoughts of 'how the fuck is that supposed to work' until you eventually decide it's just plain stupid.

Here's the first picture I found of a carrier out of water.

027608.jpg

EDIT: well shame on me for hotlinking I guess

The surrounding bridges clearly show the water hasn't receded.
A tsunami depositing the carrier just so on the waters edge deep in a bay is stupid-long odds.
Anyone with the mechanical power to right a turned over carrier on the ground would use it for better things.
The same with anyone with the power to drag a carrier out of deep water.

One honest question I have is about the lack of debris. We have lots of architectual skeletons, but also evidence that lots of buildings are no longer standing. However, there is pretty much no rubble. Is this just artistic license to get the piece done in a reasonable time? or is there something I don't know about NUCLEAR ASSAULT!!!!!!!??????

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Yo dawg, call me crazy, niggah, but I assume the survivors got rid of the rubble and debris blocking the streets, ain't that reasonable?

miles foreman

Scholar
Quigs said:
Extremely good chance that its philadelphia. Cant think of another major city, with a deep enough river for such a ship, besides the deleware and philadelphia, which means, theres a good chance jersey is in FO2 :D hooray dirty jerzy

Well, there's Baltimore... where the Navy keeps ships and sails out of on a regular basis. Oh yeah, and there's that whole Naval Academy thingie being like 30 minutes away and all.

But that doesn't look like Baltimore to me because as you said, there's a river.

Mantra_n

Novice
the artist who painted those is pretty fucking phenomenal, granted he dosn't work at bethesda, just a contract job. Now all of these don't really mean anything in terms of actual concept, they're just mood pieces for inspiration and promotional type material. Kind of like those paintings he did for age of empires3, they look totally awesome, but absolutely nothing like the game. I hope the teaser will actually show some of the game though, not just some paintings and flashy text.

Harbadakus-

Novice
Mayday said:
Surgey said:
I think someone said it was Craig Mullins. It looks like his style too, and if it is him, they picked a good choice. Craig Mullins is amazing. Hmm... I sleuthed a bit, and I can't find anything linking Craig Mullins to the art. We'll just have to guess for now.

How about linking to his personal site?
http://www.goodbrush.com/

Being a somewhat artsy fag, I really enjoy this guy's work. And yes, he IS the guy behind the concept art for FO3.
Someone at Conceptart.org said that new artwork is by Ariokh (aka cannibalcandy) - His page http://www.mercilessdesign.com

Ariokh probably did the second one too. The first is the only Craig Mullins pic so far.

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
The concept art looks pretty neat but then I took more notice at that aircraft carrier and though "How can a thing like that run aground in the middle of a New York-ish looking bombed out city?" The water line doesn't even look that deep to let a vessel like that run so far aground.

One of those awkward things. But nicely drawn nonetheless.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom