Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So after they fired that foot fetishist nazi, they went bust?

It seems he was a pillar of development
1549448457244.png

MbAbUmn.png

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I know this is just graphic wankery and has nothing to do with gameplay, but does Realms Beyond just look and 'feel' like a 90ies era rpg to you as well?

To me, it seems like early 00s era. Which is the most monocled era in terms of combat, aesthetics and... everything else.

There is no way in hell Realms Beyond is going to look as good as ToEE, though.

Still, at least it isn't going to assault the public in 2020 with fucking tokens/checkers like KotC 2.
But will it be as good as Oblivion?!

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I know this is just graphic wankery and has nothing to do with gameplay, but does Realms Beyond just look and 'feel' like a 90ies era rpg to you as well?

To me, it seems like early 00s era. Which is the most monocled era in terms of combat, aesthetics and... everything else.

There is no way in hell Realms Beyond is going to look as good as ToEE, though.

Still, at least it isn't going to assault the public in 2020 with fucking tokens/checkers like KotC 2.
I'm actually excited about KotC 2 tokens. :incline:

Also, at least KotC 2 is going to be release sooner or later.

Bohr

Arcane
Game must be coming out soon after all, JF's kicked off the next publicity push :M

Thonius

Arcane
Indie devs... They received payment from Bavarian fund which is x3 bigger then their KS goal. And they still delay alpha. Not implying anything. Just that they are not starving.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Imagine the butthurt of going to a completely unrelated thread and whining that some other game has been funded, with no connection whatsoever to the topic of discussion.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
It is possible. I wouldn't know, tho, because I'm not on Discord and that seems to be the only channel they bother to communicate with their backers.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:yeah:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ceresgames/realms-beyond-ashes-of-the-fallen/posts/2780712

Combat Beta will be available on the next Friday, May 15th

Finally, we can announce the release date of the Combat Beta!

This first playable version of Realms Beyond will be available next Friday, the 15th of May 2020 for all backers at that tier. You'll receive a Steam Key via email from backerKit.

For backers whose rewards include only the Early-Access or the release version itself, please be informed that the Combat Beta evolved significantly further than originally planned. Divergent to the original idea of demonstrating only the combat system, we decided to implement most of the other game components as well (namely the dialogue system, quests, journal, mini map, script, chests, doors, trading, etc.).

Therefore, the development time from this version to the next release, the Early-Access, will be much shorter than originally scheduled.

As soon as we delivered the Combat Beta, we'll create a gameplay video for all backers without direct access to this version.

We would like to note that the Combat Beta is still a beta version, with all the flaws that entails.

Many thanks for your patience and understanding!

jf8350143

Liturgist
So if the combat beta has pretty much everything in it, what's early access gonna add into it? Stories? Kind pointless other than spoil the game for the player isn't it?

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
So if the combat beta has pretty much everything in it, what's early access gonna add into it? Stories? Kind pointless other than spoil the game for the player isn't it?
as usual: start locations, core mechanics, etc. etc.
I don’t think EA is pointless. Especially for RPG genre, since you have chance to get know what you’re dealing with in terms of character progression.

Shadorwun: Hong Kong

The combat beta has most, if not all, the systems in it: shops, chests, dialogue, etc. The combat beta has become a small vertical slice feature-wise.

Regarding early access, the devs stated that early access will be for bug reporting and feedback to polish both the game and the toolkit. Sounds like a large portion of the game will be playable.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom