Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
This shit better be good. It's the only hope for iso RPGs in the immediate future.

Well, the menu is fixed and doesn't rotate around as you try to click it. Already incline over Shitmaker.
Imagine being such a big retard that the best insult you can come up with is "Shitmaker."
At least Lilura calling it "Poncefinder: Cuckmaker" is creative and silly (even though zhe still hasn't played it).

Anyway, this game still looks :incline: so that's good to see. Looking forward to reviews of the beta.

Ysaye

Arbiter
Wait I have this??? WHOA

Need to link KS to forum to get the download but cannot figure out how

:despair:

They should have sent you an email - click on that and it takes you through to getting a Steam key? At least that is how it worked for me. Maybe there was something I did a long time ago (You mention linking your KS to something?)

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
This shit better be good. It's the only hope for iso RPGs in the immediate future.

Well, the menu is fixed and doesn't rotate around as you try to click it. Already incline over Shitmaker.
Imagine being such a big retard that the best insult you can come up with is "Shitmaker."
At least Lilura calling it "Poncefinder: Cuckmaker" is creative and silly (even though zhe still hasn't played it).

Anyway, this game still looks :incline: so that's good to see. Looking forward to reviews of the beta.
She's too busy playing jagged Alliance again to bother playing a new game. Even something as incline as kingmaker

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
This is beyond incline. Realms Beyond Incline: Ashes of the Fallen. Everything looks amazing. During character creation the soundtrack is even reminiscent of Arcanum

Just one thing: make the characters move a little faster, pretty please.

Bara

Arcane
So no memorizing spells to slots and everyone can just cast any spell x time that they know?

If so that's my only complaint but everything else looks pretty good.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
No Bard class but a music skill thats connected to Dex? Guess I'll roll a Rogue, then. Unless they plan to add more classes later, I'll wait for the GOTY Edition.

What is the music skill for, is it the usual combat buffs and debuffs?

Aemar

Arcane
The combat beta doesn't seem to dissapoint, quite the contrary. Impressive engine adding to the great level of detail, to say the least; excellent overall graphic style as well - the Curator character looks really menacing.

Combat looks good. I'll have to watch some more of that 4+ hours streaming even though the commentary can be annoying at times.

Definitely a classic in the making, well worth the wait for sure.

:d1p:

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
The combat beta doesn't seem to dissapoint, quite the contrary. Impressive engine adding to the great level of detail, to say the least; excellent overall graphic style as well - the Curator character looks really menacing.

Combat looks good. I'll have to watch some more of that 4+ hours streaming even though the commentary can be annoying at times.

I haven't been following this and don't want to go through 80 pages of this tread, but I am curious about your statement:

What is so impressive about the game engine? Destructive environment? Easily moddable? Or something else entirely?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Do hope that they make the -10 HP death to be level based and not pure -10. It will be retarded on higher levels when monsters do a lot more damage and it is easy to put you in over the -10 hp. It was one of the problems of "Knights of the chalice".

Aemar

Arcane

I haven't been following this and don't want to go through 80 pages of this tread, but I am curious about your statement:

What is so impressive about the game engine? Destructive environment? Easily moddable? Or something else entirely?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ceresgames/realms-beyond-ashes-of-the-fallen

Along with the game, we will also release our editing tools (the UrWelt Engine) to the players so they can create their own worlds and campaigns. Modders will be able to use the very same level editor and dialogue editor that we are using to create the game, allowing them to forge new campaigns and even new worlds with the same level of complexity as our own.

It is also possible to import your own character models, objects, textures and sounds – so a dedicated team of modders could create a completely different game scenario. We want our modding tools to be as flexible as possible, comparable to the legendary toolsets of Forgotten Realms: Unlimited Adventures and Neverwinter Nights. The core of the UrWelt framework is the level editor, which allows you to create your own maps – from small ones with 48x48 tiles (about 5,000 m²) to gigantic ones with 512x512 tiles (about 600,000 m²). The ground can be raised or lowered to create a flat or hilly landscape, and textured and decorated with decals. Buildings can be constructed from modular walls and objects can be placed freely on the map. To create an encounter, just place a group of enemies on the map and set them to hostile. You can also place sources of light with adjustable intensity and shadows, impressive visual effects, flocks of birds, shoals of fish, lively critters, and ambient sounds to spice up the atmosphere of your map. The editor is easy to get into, and extremely powerful once you master it.
Straight from the horse's mouth. It looks like the game will be highly moddable. They say the custom-built engine also allows for fully interactive enviroments and interaction with almost every object in this game. You can even place spells on these objects so I guess destructive enviroments will be present in the game to some degree.

Ysaye

Arbiter
No multiclassing :nocountryforshitposters:

Everything else looks good

To be fair they always said they wouldn't have multi-classing. However they did say they would have prestige classes which effectively multi-classed; as far as I care I would rather they polish the gameplay for the base classes and continue the good work they seemed to have done in other aspects of the game.

Will give the combat demo a spin tonight and give some thoughts.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ceresgames/realms-beyond-ashes-of-the-fallen

Along with the game, we will also release our editing tools (the UrWelt Engine) to the players so they can create their own worlds and campaigns. Modders will be able to use the very same level editor and dialogue editor that we are using to create the game, allowing them to forge new campaigns and even new worlds with the same level of complexity as our own.

It is also possible to import your own character models, objects, textures and sounds – so a dedicated team of modders could create a completely different game scenario. We want our modding tools to be as flexible as possible, comparable to the legendary toolsets of Forgotten Realms: Unlimited Adventures and Neverwinter Nights. The core of the UrWelt framework is the level editor, which allows you to create your own maps – from small ones with 48x48 tiles (about 5,000 m²) to gigantic ones with 512x512 tiles (about 600,000 m²). The ground can be raised or lowered to create a flat or hilly landscape, and textured and decorated with decals. Buildings can be constructed from modular walls and objects can be placed freely on the map. To create an encounter, just place a group of enemies on the map and set them to hostile. You can also place sources of light with adjustable intensity and shadows, impressive visual effects, flocks of birds, shoals of fish, lively critters, and ambient sounds to spice up the atmosphere of your map. The editor is easy to get into, and extremely powerful once you master it.
Straight from the horse's mouth. It looks like the game will be highly moddable. They say the custom-built engine also allows for fully interactive enviroments and interaction with almost every object in this game. You can even place spells on these objects so I guess destructive enviroments will be present in the game to some degree.

Massive incline of unheard proportions

kA3m1cp.png

ArchAngel

Arcane
Do hope that they make the -10 HP death to be level based and not pure -10. It will be retarded on higher levels when monsters do a lot more damage and it is easy to put you in over the -10 hp. It was one of the problems of "Knights of the chalice".
It is how it works in 3.5e PnP

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It is how it works in 3.5e PnP
That doesn't mean that it is a smart or good idea lol. Just copy pasting old shit is retarded,put some original improvements i your fucking game lol.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I think it's not ok to reload each time one of your 10 hp characters gets knocked out while it's different with 100 hp characters, flexibility is higher and being knocked out depends less of being hit once or not being hit once and you can afford Resurrection scrolls so it's fine that your characters die more often when knocked out then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom