Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

Mortmal

Arcane
Pledged, hoping JF sticks around in some capacity.

Very interested in hearing more about:

Along with the game, we will also release our editing tools (the UrWelt Engine) to the players so they can create their own worlds and campaigns. Modders will be able to use the very same level editor and dialogue editor that we are using to create the game, allowing them to forge new campaigns and even new worlds with the same level of complexity as our own.

This is pretty neat, because while the promised game systems and mechanics are solid, the worldbuilding seems kinda generic and there's literally zero information on the plot or even who is involved writing it (which is deeply concerning), so in theory with a good toolbox, modders could compensate for any lackluster campaign.
Last interview they said everything was ready but the content , so yes that's worrying... Still its 20 euro for early backers, not much to risk, wont be worse than underwolrd ascendant isnt it ?right ?! Also Night Goat you forgot to click the cuck button , probably well deserved this time.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
This seems so KM wananbe. It looks like it is KM with less stuff 9likely less bugs too). From the looks of it, you can't even equip 2 rings (unless that is a glove/gauntlet spot missing :). Less classes, less spells, less combat options, less everything. Big world though. It has potential but I have doubts... If they had an extra ring slot, have (dwarven) subraces, prestige classes, and teleport, I'll *think* about. That's my final (unimportant) offer.

Themadcow

Augur
This seems so KM wananbe. It looks like it is KM with less stuff 9likely less bugs too). From the looks of it, you can't even equip 2 rings (unless that is a glove/gauntlet spot missing :). Less classes, less spells, less combat options, less everything. Big world though. It has potential but I have doubts... If they had an extra ring slot, have (dwarven) subraces, prestige classes, and teleport, I'll *think* about. That's my final (unimportant) offer.

Turn based combat though, so inherently better.

Sherry

Arcane
Hi!

gosh! Gosh! GOSH!

What a video it looks nice this is a must win kickstart I hope it is as successful as the Pillars of Eternity one these folks deserve it for all the hard work already. :salute: The box is a fun throwback at the old ultima games our family have come to love so tops for making one when so much is downloading now todays gamers. Do the map roll back like in ultima how you could go in any direction and eventually return to it or will the world have edges that beboop a sound when you can not go any further right? And will the fighting have spacebar pausing so when we have to go out but the battle it taking so long instead a timer countdown to make your battle decision and it goes to the next in line if you do not do anything, if we can pause the battle and come back to it at a later time because I did not see that in the video. Gosh this ultima black gate vibe or what right?? with the art design it is pleasing and the sounds of frogs in one of the swampy villages reminds me of cove
heart.png
heart.png
or all the thingys you can click on or move or pickup!! Like ultima series is all of our favorites. :obviously: Then when saw the world map looks like the game my girls play might and magic heros 3 I think this is going to find lots of attention because even I am excited about this doing well so you have my support! :hug: And 2020 is nice release aim because it gives me a lot of time to finish my Deadfire story oh and tu for finally getting back to what matters the most HobGoblin42 like the Codex so see you soon okay with some new information for us okay? OKAY! :cool:

Thanks,
Sherry

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane

It precedes Pathfinder: Kingmaker.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The kickstarter is going better that I would have expected, especially right after Encased which targets more or less the same crowd. I think reaching the goal won't be a problem but I guess not much more than that

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
The kickstarter is going better that I would have expected, especially right after Encased which targets more or less the same crowd. I think reaching the goal won't be a problem but I guess not much more than that

sci-fi fallout-like game with technology and men with guns and desert wastelands where only the strongest survive

vs

generic fantasy setting derived from Tolkien and DnD, made for larpers by larpers, can be a half-elf gender fluid otherkin with a penis

yep... more or less the same crowd... yep... uh huh...

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron

sci-fi fallout-like game with technology and men with guns and desert wastelands where only the strongest survive

vs

generic fantasy setting derived from Tolkien and DnD, made for larpers by larpers, can be a half-elf gender fluid otherkin with a penis

You go a "level" deeper in your comparison than you should, imo.
Both are turn-based cRPGs based on "classics" of approximately the same period. Yes different settings and variations but I would bet that there is a big common "crowd"

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

vs

Both are turn-based cRPGs based on "classics" of approximately the same period. Yes different settings and variations but I would bet that there is a big common "crowd"

then you could say the same thing about any other crpg kickstarter, bard's tale 4 must have been the project most looked forward to by this crowd given how much this one singular crowd chose to back that game as opposed to other turn-based cRPGs based on "classics"

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron

vs

then you could say the same thing about any other crpg kickstarter, bard's tale 4 must have been the project most looked forward to by this crowd given how much this one singular crowd chose to back that game as opposed to other turn-based cRPGs based on "classics"
Bard's Tale was based on a blobber which is a very specific subgenre which definitely does not have so much of a following as isometric turn based CRPGs.
Plus the Bard's Tale franchise was not even THAT famous back in its day

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Bard's Tale was based on a blobber which is a very specific subgenre which definitely does not have so much of a following as isometric turn based CRPGs.
Dunno about that. Quoting from Wikipedia (yeah, yeah...):
The Bard's Tale was very successful, becoming the best-selling computer RPG of the 1980s at 407,000 copies. It was the first non-Wizardry computer role-playing game to challenge the Ultima series' sales, especially to Commodore 64 users who could not play Wizardry (a Commodore version did not appear until 1987, with inferior graphics to that of The Bard's Tale). By 1993, over a million copies of the game had been sold.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
The Bard's Tale was very successful, becoming the best-selling computer RPG of the 1980s at 407,000 copies. It was the first non-Wizardry computer role-playing game to challenge the Ultima series' sales, especially to Commodore 64 users who could not play Wizardry (a Commodore version did not appear until 1987, with inferior graphics to that of The Bard's Tale). By 1993, over a million copies of the game had been sold.
Didn't know the numbers.. Maybe I'm wrong on that but I knew more about Wizardry than BT for example. Might have to do with the local gaming press back then..

Mazisky

Magister
Noticed now this game, very cool but...Kickstarter has no updates since last year. Dead?
Man, your woman really got your brain scrambled.

Keep quoting personal stuff i posted elsewhere in gaming threads where it has nothing to do with, it only shows how poor and worthless you and your argmuments are. Grow up.

That said, it's a surprise you backed the game because you're gonna shitpost on it on a daily basis as soon as you manage to play it.

V_K

Arcane
Didn't know the numbers.. Maybe I'm wrong on that but I knew more about Wizardry than BT for example. Might have to do with the local gaming press back then..
I don't think it matters all that much how famous BT was in the late 80s - most people who would be nostalgic for that era are well into their 40s, if not 50s, and not actively gaming anymore. All the really successful nostalgia kickstarters appealed to late 90s. The 80s have-beens all either failed (Henkel, SSI), or got much smaller amounts (Neurath, Coles).
A Wizardry 10 kickstarter, on the other hand, could have worked since the franchise survived into early 2000s, and the Japs could also chip in. But there's no one to do it.

vazha

Arcane
Like everything I see so far, let's wait and find out whether its as good as it seems to be, especially combat-mechanics and story-wise. The only complain at this moment would be about the general feel, it somehow feels.. kinda not charismatic/bombastic/unique enough. As if it cannot decide whether it wants to be grimdark or a fairy-tale and instead chooses to be German.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Noticed now this game, very cool but...Kickstarter has no updates since last year. Dead?
Man, your woman really got your brain scrambled.

Keep quoting personal stuff i posted elsewhere in gaming threads where it has nothing to do with, it only shows how poor and worthless you and your argmuments are. Grow up.

That said, it's a surprise you backed the game because you're gonna shitpost on it on a daily basis as soon as you manage to play it.
Stop writing shit around the Codex and we will stop responding with post of similar quality.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom