Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

Jinn

Arcane
Glad this beautiful project got funded and am happy to be a part of it!

Now we wait...

Come talk to us, Ceres Games!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Kai Rosenkranz stretch goal! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ceresgames/realms-beyond-ashes-of-the-fallen/posts/2341893

WE DID IT! 100% funded, revealing new stretch goals

It’s a done deal!
We‘ve made it - earlier today we reached 100.000 € and we’re over the moon! Thanks a million to all our backers, many of you have been so supportive since the start. It’s really down to you that we got this far! Every single one of the 2166 backers from all over the world pushed us that little bit closer to the finishing line. You are the best! We’re so happy that we got the campaign funded 100% three days before it ends.

Now we‘re trying to make those stretch goals. The first one is a cooperation with the exceptionally talented cartographer Francesca Baerald for a digital and physical map of Argea. We’re not that far away from that one! If we reach the second stretch goal, the brilliant writers Casey Hollingshead and Scott Hamm will join our writing team.

The first new and third stretch goal is:

e75420066c7145b9c6aaaf79544e2711_original.jpg

If you want to know more about Kai and his fantastic music, please visit this Twitch channeland follow him on Twitter.

The next stretch goal is about a new character class in the game: THE MONK. Players will be able to choose the monk as a character class if we make it to 140.000€~$157,735USD (if we fund it 140%). The monk will have his own unique unarmed combat moves, his greatest weapon will be his own body!

6910c5a412c5617dc51e2db5cf808b8a_original.jpg

You'll find more information about the monk class here.

Once again - thanks to each and every one of you!

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I wonder if when the stretch goal is a contractor with for a specific role - like composer, the stretch goal value represents more closely what the contractor will be paid.

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
Kai!!!!!

His style would fit so well with the tone and atmosphere presented so far. Too bad he couldn't do the whole soundtrack, but I understand how expensive that'd be.

Mortmal

Arcane
Gentle Reminder that Chris Avellone has not written anything significant recently ( in the last decade or so), other than a couple of companions here and there.
It may be odd but i think it's maybe a matter of paying him or not. It's possible as long you pay him MCA will write everything you want.

Dagobert

Educated
Oh man, Kai Rosenkranz, i loved his work on Gothic and I think his music from the first Risen was even better. I'm seriously thinking about upping my pledge.

Edit.
Also Linux support at 150K

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
It is time to hire Jarl back!
Jarl Frank and MCA bundled as a stretch goal? Help game's writing stomp Decline with strong feet and make it become Beyond Incline!
:incline:

I see what you did there.

I think every Codexer's mind auto-bolded bolded part. :cool:

What are the chances of you ever working together with Ceres Games? Or embargo on answering that question ends in 3 days, 4 hours and 22 minutes...

Jinn

Arcane
Oh man, Kai Rosenkranz, i loved his work on Gothic and I think his music from the first Risen was even better. I'm seriously thinking about upping my pledge.

Only three tracks though, mind you.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm willing to go for the 75€ box tier, but only if they reach the 115K stetch goal to get you know who on board as a writer. Going to wait for the last day to see if they can make it before I pledge.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Has anyone tried to get in contact with PKM developers for getting a shoutout for Realms Beyond? It might just secure that composer stretch goal.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
I'm expecting this to be a trainwreck, but my RPG options these days are extremely limited so whatever, I'm in it for a box. I'll still get to laugh at the people who think it'll turn out great.

I have my doubts about the combat and some of the trivialities added recently and such, but why do you think it will be a trainwreck?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom