Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

Gulnar

Scholar
How much of the 'strangest' (but more balanced) classes can we expect from RB? (things like the various initiators, the beguiler, the dread necro, the binder and so on).

Also, seems great, keep up with the good work. It looks already better than the pathfinder game.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
How much of the 'strangest' (but more balanced) classes can we expect from RB? (things like the various initiators, the beguiler, the dread necro, the binder and so on).

I found this out:

Realms Beyond allows the player to also assign any one of nine classes to a character, including Fighter, Cleric, Wizard, Rogue, Barbarian, Paladin, Ranger, and Druid.

We will have prestige classes but not multi-classing. You can create your party with up to 6 members (covering 6 different classes) and multi-classing would be just too much extra development effort to implement.

Yeah, possible prestige classes are: Arcane Archer, Arcane Trickster, Archmage, Assassin, Blackguard, Cerebremancer, Dragon Disciple, Duelist, Dwarven Defender, Eldritch Knight, Elocater, Hierophant, Horizon Walker, Loremaster, Metamind, Mystic Theurge, Psion Uncarnate, Psionic Fist, Pyrokineticist, Shadowdancer, Slayer, Thaumaturgist, Thrallherd, War Mind.

https://www.realms-beyond.com/forum/index.php?topic=38

https://www.realms-beyond.com/forum/index.php?topic=109

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Guidooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Plz add Dethfire as subtitle for the game in his honor and for ultimate edginess.

Realms Beyond: Dethfire :fuuyeah:

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
Guidooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Plz add Dethfire as subtitle for the game in his honor and for ultimate edginess.

That could provoke a lawsuit, but maybe he will put the Ruins of Nevermore and the land of Thorvalla in the game.

Dorateen

Arcane
That thought did make me curious, too. I wonder how much of Henkel's work from his previous kickstarter projects would he be able to reimagine as part of Realms Beyond.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's moments like this that tear me out of the illusion that everyone on the Codex is an alpha male chad, and force me to realize that most of the people here are overweight incels.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
It's moments like this that tear me out of the illusion that everyone on the Codex is an alpha male chad, and force me to realize that most of the people here are overweight incels.

Booth babes only work if they turn the main audience on. If you don't like her you're not part of the main audience :P

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Seems that JarlFrank is at Gamescom and doesn't have time to post here.

I hope they do a blog post or press release about the Kickstarter date.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
Does the line about naming a spell mean that there will be lots of new spells or will they be renaming the D&D spells, f.ex. Superbacker's Acid Arrow?

And I want to know how to get a key :P

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Is the kickstarter just for stuff like in game items or is it a proper kickstarter where if I back I get a drm free copy on release?
If so this will be the first kikestarter I've ever supported in my life, I'm giving this a lot of my trust to do so but I think I can trust because someone from codex is working on it.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
I don't like it when indies developers don't communicate. They should have said "come to our booth, we have keys for naming your own spells in the game, and our Kickstarter is in October". Maybe they will say that tomorrow, but what about people who have left today?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom