Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
Then I check Guido Henkel's twitter and he's only talking about Manafort and Cohen. He's the creative director. If he's not at Gamescom, I want to hear more about the game from him, not about impeachment and neverTrump.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
Sorry. I hope we get more info about the game. Everyone else has a trailer and an interview out, but maybe tomorrow.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
A bit more from the booth.

But why on earth am I so invested in a game? What does this even have to do with history, paganism or archaeology? Well! The cultures you encounter in this game are inspired by real historical cultures and therefore you'll surely have some cool stuff to discover once it's done! My good friend Frank even studied the old Babylonian language and contributes heavily with his knowledge as a lead writer. And I, as I speak german, english, french and swedish am glad to help aswell as with historical and cultural aspects of our game that's why! Nerdity knows no boundaries. We help eachother no matter which field we originate from!

She is a developer, not just "booth babe".

Last edited:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fair enough than, though now I'm curious as to what Frank looks like. My guess is something like...
b92d3c8033e5392ff65a1f9de5c24015.jpg
this?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Shouldn't all our Deus Vult members be up in arms by now because of this #paganism #heathen #witchcraft contributor to the game? :D

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Can Realms Beyond live up to the standard set by that time-honoured masterpiece, Neverwinter Nights? Only time will tell.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
A bit more from the booth.

But why on earth am I so invested in a game? What does this even have to do with history, paganism or archaeology? Well! The cultures you encounter in this game are inspired by real historical cultures and therefore you'll surely have some cool stuff to discover once it's done! My good friend Frank even studied the old Babylonian language and contributes heavily with his knowledge as a lead writer. And I, as I speak german, english, french and swedish am glad to help aswell as with historical and cultural aspects of our game that's why! Nerdity knows no boundaries. We help eachother no matter which field we originate from!

She is a developer, not just "booth babe".
Holly crap, what a pleasant and surprising news. In the same time, such a person could be so precious for some external localizations. As I've already told Peter I was interested to translate their game in French (once AoD translation will be finished), she could be of service to help us. :bounce:

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
Eye at RPGWatch photographed the Realms Beyond team, but he didn't talk to them. Only a picture again

gBwTUwZc_o.jpg

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Eye at RPGWatch photographed the Realms Beyond team, but he didn't talk to them. Only a picture again

gBwTUwZc_o.jpg
I guess he was intimidated by the pagan witch in the front row. You can already see her evil eye casting curses at him.
Next time JarlFrank should hire some nazibabe instead.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
P.S. don't expect me to post too much until GC is over. Talking to hundreds of visitors each day is exhausting after some time. My vocal cords feel like they've been scraped with a cheese grater due to non-stop talking wth a slightly raised voice because it's not exactly quiet at Gamescom.

Talk to a group of 3 guys interested in our game, explain everything to them. Boom, now two girls appear. Explain everything to them. Boom, another dude. And so on. At some points today (first public day) all four of us were talking to people simultaneously, during the busiest hours we had trouble receving every visitor to our booth even though we're four people. It's crazy. I guess it's a combination of having a cool-looking booth, a good-looking game, and being very forthcoming towards everyone who looks like he or she is interested in our game (hand them a flyer, ask them if they wanna know more, answer all the questions they have about the game, boom suddenly two more people are standing in line and listening in).

I'll openly admit that the reception far exceeds our expectations. Lots of people are interested in the game, and if not the game then the cool booth we've built (and then we quickly get them interested in the game, too).

Plenty of people interested in RPGs talk to us for a long time, sharing gaming experiences from the 90s, or talking about their pen and paper adventures, or even just starting to go for small talk after a while. Most of the people we hand a flyer to stay to listen to us explain the game's mechanics and design principles. Plenty take photos of our booth (and plenty want to take photos of Alexis, who's always happy to strike an epic pose for a photo).
And when a little girls runs up to our booth and wants to touch all the cool items we have on our shelf it's just cute :D

So yeah. Gamescom is going pretty well.
My throat still hurts from talking all the time.
I just made myself some tea with honey.
And in less than 8 hours, it's back to Gamescom. From the place I'm staying at, it's about 20 minutes to Kölnmesse, the area GC is at. If I wanna get breakfast and at least have a quick shower, I doubt I'm going to catch more than 4 or 5 hours of sleep.
Doesn't matter. Gotta keep spreading the word.

Jarl out

Talk to a group of 3 guys interested in our game, explain everything to them. Boom, now two girls appear. Explain everything to them. Boom, another dude. And so on. At some points today (first public day) all four of us were talking to people simultaneously, during the busiest hours we had trouble receving every visitor to our booth even though we're four people. It's crazy. I guess it's a combination of having a cool-looking booth, a good-looking game, and being very forthcoming towards everyone who looks like he or she is interested in our game (hand them a flyer, ask them if they wanna know more, answer all the questions they have about the game, boom suddenly two more people are standing in line and listening in).

I'll openly admit that the reception far exceeds our expectations. Lots of people are interested in the game, and if not the game then the cool booth we've built (and then we quickly get them interested in the game, too).

That's great! Good luck!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom