Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Actually you can deduce a few things from this update. The number of locations described in detail, compared to the single Pyrrhenian city (Villenia) described in the previous lore update, suggests that the Kingdom of Cormac is the main setting for the game. Notice that Villenia appears in the attached map - which means it might be the game's world map, or at least a significant portion thereof.

ccdc571a249db1178c546f0749604a35_original.jpg
Is it me or the southern shores of "Galtan Sea" look slightly similar to real-world Baltic Sea? More cramped but I can see the Gulf of Riga and "Yny's Dryw" and the peninsula below would be Denmark. Is "Earldom of Glenthearn" the place known for its dangerous hitmen (and a talking horse)?
:positive:

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
Info about the next updates:

For this campaign, we are preparing a video about the map editor and dialogue editor (to illustrate how easy you can create your own adventures/campaigns).

Beside that, we plan to release a lot of more concept artworks which show how the visual style for characters and environment objects evolved.

Jinn

Arcane
Game looks too amazing not to back, so...

Backed!

I promised myself I wouldn't do any more kickstarters, but damn, I want to see this get off the ground.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Decided to take the plunge and back this.

No joke, this is the first time I have ever backed a video game on Kickstarter. So I really hope it makes it's funding goal and that the game does get delivered.

Decided to back it for 50 Euros or $75 Canadian. I get extra digital stuff and can send in my photo as a base for a random npc, which seems like a weird thing to offer as a reward. I mean what if the backer is Black or Asian? Are they going unslant their eyes and lighten their skin tone for the final portrait?

Bohr

Arcane
Not sure why answering that question (just a repost from earlier in the thread) is 'autism'

:philosoraptor:

(but I'm honoured, I'd like more autism ratings tbh as it seems quite a prestigious rating around here)

Unwanted

YanBG

Unwanted
More races, just adds a lot of work and for what? Better invest in the gameplay.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
After Deadfire, I have a hard policy of not backing crowd funded games. This game looks very sympathetic, but not enough to make me do an exception.

Blame Obsidian's "Narrative Designers".

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
If this was set in Tolkien's middle earth or a historical setting I'd be upset, but this is their fantasy world they can do what they want.

Plus, games like Baldur's Gate had Dynaheir, Valygar, and Yoshimo so I don't know what the fuck this guy is going on about with DnD being predominantly white.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It was released on May 8th 2018...?

Not even just a small amount? :(
I'm reading back in this thread, through the updates, trying to convince myself. The thing is that I've bought too many cats in bags by now, and even very cute KS updates can't make me convinced that the final game will play well.

ArchAngel

Arcane

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I'm reading back in this thread, through the updates, trying to convince myself. The thing is that I've bought too many cats in bags by now, and even very cute KS updates can't make me convinced that the final game will play well.
Do it men, it has barbarians.
But does it have vegie barbarians? :P
Barbarians who wear loin cloth never get wedgies.

Reinhardt

Arcane

Do it men, it has barbarians.
But does it have vegie barbarians? :P
Barbarians who wear loin cloth never get wedgies.
But why? Are you ashamed of your honor so you have to hide it with loincloth?

Parabalus

Arcane

I tried to convince myself to back it, but couldn't do it. Boils down to

• hate the art, especially the backgrounds
  • slow TB animations
  • KS games generally being unplayable on release
I'll just buy the GotY if it comes out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom