Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The only thing I dislike is that fucking (film) grain effect or whatever it is. JarlFrank tell the guys they really overdid it.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Calm your titties, it's looking good. Encased didn't look like it would make it around the middle either but the last two days gave a big push:

dailypledges.png

Your own graph shows that Encased got several large spikes, whilst this one has had a flatline.

They will probably reach the goal, yes.

But it can be a narrow escape, and stretch goals are far from granted.

Mortmal

Arcane
Jarl will throw a golden brick at them if it looks like it won't succeed for a few grads.
Newspaper headline : Kickstarter game funded using nazi gold . If it dont generate some attention , nothing will...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Modding tools!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ceresgames/realms-beyond-ashes-of-the-fallen/posts/2339129

Micro Update #5: Tools Preview, First Social Goal reached, Italian Version

Tools
In today's micro update we will show you a little preview video of our editing tools, which will be shipped along with the game as mod tools, so you can create your own scenarios and campaigns.

Our map editor allows you to texture and modify the landscape, place objects and effects, set the lighting and place creatures and NPCs on the map. It's a powerful editor which gives you a lot of options, but the map building process is quick and easy to learn.

The dialogue editor is just as easy to use and just as powerful. Easily write different conversation nodes and connect them with a click of your mouse. Add conditions to the different dialogue options, making them only available to certain classes or races. Or make them dependent on the player character's gender, or a certain skill or stat. With the dialog editor's script calls, you can implement a large variety of condition checks, and you can have NPCs react in different ways to the player's dialogue choices.

We use AngelScript as a scripting language, which is an object-oriented language based on the syntax of C++. This allows you to create all kinds of interesting scripts to spice up your campaign with the custom scenes you want it to have.

Realms Beyond provides you with powerful modding tools that are easy to learn and allow for quick and efficient mapping and dialogue scripting once you are familiar with them.

Have a look:

Social Goal reached

We have reached our first social goal! 506 people now follow our Facebook page and the fourth beer mug has been unlocked! We want to thank all our backers by including the Digital Art Book with many high res concept artworks of the game as a bonus.

d7c9dee2250752ad23df80b07d7763b1_original.jpg

Italian Version

We're overwhelmed by the interest of the Italian RPG community and the support of our Italian backers is tremendous. Therefore, we are happy to announce that we can finally announce the Italian version of the game!

Once again, thanks to everyone supporting us! Stay tuned for new updates!

Mustawd

I don’t what it is, but I’ve lost a lot of hype for this project. Maybe it’s Jarl getting screwed for being kinda retarded. Maybe it’s the lack of common sense from the main project lead to not realize that it’s a bad idea to post under the same username that has said literally anything in the Politics subforum. Maybe it’s kowtowing to that sjw on the rpgwatch.

I dunno. But all this has left a bad taste in my mouth, so it’s not surprising that the campaign itself has stuttered a bit.

deuxhero

Arcane
In the tools video I spot there's an option for the player's gender that's grayed out. Not only is that useful for making things like "sir" vs "madam" not completely different branches of dialog, it helps for a lot of languages where the PC's dialog would be different if they're male or female. It's just pathetic Bethesda and some other AAA game devs, as far as I know, still doesn't have this (Fallout 4's Japanese translation is apparently infamous for this) and you have to make entirely different branches of dialog just to address the PC as male or female. That's nice.

The comments for the video mention that there's a templates library for quickly making standard rooms. Users can save their own templates right?

Last edited:

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
The Watch have received ten NPC creation vouchers from Ceres Games and are holding a giveaway:

We have received 10 vouchers for Realms Beyond with which we can have 10 NPCs in the game who will be in our own RPGWatch club house / guild house.

You have a chance to win one of these vouchers as long as you fulfill the requirements below:

• You are a member of RPGWatch, registered before November 1, 2018
  • You need to be a more or less active member, so you need a minimum of 10 posts, with a minimum of 5 posts in 2018
  • You need to have a pledge in the Realms Beyond Kickstarter campaign, at the level of the Digital Edition or higher.
  • You need to respond to this post with the information that you want to participate

https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41214

Myrthos has clarified that the winners will also have their portrait included in the game:

Next to naming the NPC you can also get your portrait in the game.

Normally that would require backing for 250 Euros or more.

Mortmal

Arcane
The Watch have received ten NPC creation vouchers from Ceres Games and are holding a giveaway:

We have received 10 vouchers for Realms Beyond with which we can have 10 NPCs in the game who will be in our own RPGWatch club house / guild house.

You have a chance to win one of these vouchers as long as you fulfill the requirements below:

• You are a member of RPGWatch, registered before November 1, 2018
  • You need to be a more or less active member, so you need a minimum of 10 posts, with a minimum of 5 posts in 2018
  • You need to have a pledge in the Realms Beyond Kickstarter campaign, at the level of the Digital Edition or higher.
  • You need to respond to this post with the information that you want to participate

https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41214

Myrthos has clarified that the winners will also have their portrait included in the game:

Next to naming the NPC you can also get your portrait in the game.

Normally that would require backing for 250 Euros or more.
So Myrthos bought a 5000 pledge and sharing with fellow watchers? Seems nothing is wrong the package include 10 npc , and it's most classy from his part, here the codex fundraisers systematically granted npc to staff members , some who never even post here, while using codexers money.

Bohr

Arcane
So Myrthos bought a 5000 pledge and sharing with fellow watchers?

Don't think so, at least I never saw any mention of this, I'm guessing it is just a token of appreciation from Ceres for all the support they've had from the Watch (well, apart from the Copper Coin threads) :shittydog:

Mortmal

Arcane

Don't think so, at least I never saw any mention of this, I'm guessing it is just a token of appreciation from Ceres for all the support they've had from the Watch (well, apart from the Copper Coin threads) :shittydog:
No, he clearly stated they had a private society in game,if its not him someone in the watch bought that pledge.

Bohr

Arcane

No, he clearly stated they had a private society in game,if its not him someone in the watch bought that pledge.

Perhaps you're right, although the only discussion about the $5k pledge I saw over there was speculation about 'friends of the devs' doing it :M

Meanwhile in the thread about this NPC stuff people are talking about it being a promotion, which I guess it is as it's bringing dedicated Watchers like this guy out of the woodwork

:troll:

Mortmal

Arcane

Perhaps you're right, although the only discussion about the $5k pledge I saw over there was speculation about 'friends of the devs' doing it :M

Meanwhile in the thread about this NPC stuff people are talking about it being a promotion, which I guess it is as it's bringing dedicated Watchers like this guy out of the woodwork

:troll:
Yeah he should get a npc, a very special one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom