Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Realms Beyond Gameplay Footage + Preview at RPGWatch

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Fairly nauseating to see the reaction to a genuine gaming hero (Guido Henkel) turning up on the Watch. I've lost all respect for them since one of them called me a white supremacist (or something like that - I didn't read it in detail) for defending the inclusion of Nazis in a game (or was it Nazism in general? Something like that). I don't go all gooey when Cleve turns up to shitpost.

Darkzone

Arcane
There was nothing interesting in this Vid besides the usual shit. The only thing that would make me play this game is that it is TB Hex DnD 3E. So to say this will be a very bland RPG and Gothic 2 will forever stand as the highest achievement of german cRPG engineering.

We germans from the mid 20 - to the 21st century are only good at making Nazi things and it doesn't matter if these are films, music or usw ( art / Kunst ). So you ask: Why do we not make an "Nazi Moon Ufo Vril project cRPG with Kraftstrahlen Kanonen and Schwarzer Sonne Orden: Schutzstaffel 'Der Führer' " ? The answer is simple: We are to afraid to show the colors of red and white with a black Maelstrom / Sun. But we can do it using our F-friends, like with the Finns and Iron Sky. Nicht Geil! Und keine Eier!

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
Ultima 7 like interactions, something even larian had trouble to implement (day night cycle never went in), Dark sun spellcasting rules? So that means it will impact the environment and npc behavior towards you? All of this sounds too ambitious and too good to be true. And when its too good to be true, its usually is, they will run out of funds before finishing that.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Possible release in 2020... Jeez.

Oh well, not gonna give me money to anymore washed-out "vetarans", might as well spend some on these guys.

inb4 they say the magic words "old school but enhanced for the modern audience". :dead:

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
The release date shouldn't matter, they've said in the article that the game is mostly finished and just needs content.

Mortmal

Arcane
The release date shouldn't matter, they've said in the article that the game is mostly finished and just needs content.
That's what i read too, just a little bit worrying, just a little.... Will i give money to those talented and overambitious youths?
:keepmymoney:

PrettyDeadman

Watching the video, I finally figured out what I found off/strange in Realms Beyond. I think it looks beautiful, but something always bothered me a lot, and I realized what it is: shadows. Entities have (simple) shadows, but the surrounding scenery has virtually none at all during daylight scenes - or when it does, it's so subtle that it barely appears. This makes the game looks kinda "flat".
I've told Jarl about the shadows, but he and other codexers just ignored me.

tindrli

Arcane
Watching the video, I finally figured out what I found off/strange in Realms Beyond. I think it looks beautiful, but something always bothered me a lot, and I realized what it is: shadows. Entities have (simple) shadows, but the surrounding scenery has virtually none at all during daylight scenes - or when it does, it's so subtle that it barely appears. This makes the game looks kinda "flat".
I've told Jarl about the shadows, but he and other codexers just ignored me.

tell them to make an option to completely remove them so the more people can enjoy their product

Bohr

Arcane
I'm clearly out of the loop. What's the story with all these nazi jokes in the thread?

Some fearless investigators from the Watch, with help from Crispy, uncovered a 'Nazi' working on the game. Fortunately the situation was soon resolved in a calm and adult fashion and the lore and quests of the fantasy world will now only be worked on by those with more acceptable Youtube subscriptions. :salute:

Murk

Arcane
That's an interesting fellow on the right in the video.

Frankly speaking, I did not-see that coming.

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
Could somebody post some of these jokes or describe them? Why were they considered "too much"?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Well, not going to read whole thread or anything, just want to say it's a fucking shame they removed JarlFrank...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom